Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,978

    I want hide chest armor options dammit!

    Call it whatever you want, but it makes me kinda peeved when you see awesome characters like this:




    Who blizzard themselves designs to look hardcore enough without chest armor (kind of like Conan or other barbarian type heroes), and yet the player doesn't get the option.

    I don't get, given how they designed a mechanic to hide your cape and head peice, that they can't do the same for this. I'd love my shaman to look more like this:


    Then trying to find something that looks like straps.

    Characters like Malfurion, Illidan, Garrosh, Rexxar, Reghar Earthfury, now vol'jin, even some pandaren NPCs. I've even played other mmo's where you can have this option in your wardrobe tab like Rift or Champions online, so its obviously no issue for them.

  2. #2
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,149
    We'd have too many naked lady elves running around everywhere. I can understand Blizzard's rationale.

    There are plenty of minimal chest armors in the game if you're going for that look.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  3. #3
    do it for reels and be a man, unequip your chest armor. the guys did the same in your pics

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We'd have too many naked lady elves running around everywhere. I can understand Blizzard's rationale.

    There are plenty of minimal chest armors in the game if you're going for that look.
    Agreed. I'd also add that there's likely a very low demand for this kind of "feature" such that it's not worth spending any resources (regardless of how minimal) on accomplishing it.

    The vast vast vast majority of the playerbase is comprised of 20-something, heterosexual males. Half-naked chicks aren't something the game needs and half-naked dudes aren't something the players want. It's cool from time to time when limited to NPCs, but not something we need as a player option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    do it for reels and be a man, unequip your chest armor. the guys did the same in your pics
    Not gonna lie... I chuckled a bit.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-02-06 at 10:21 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  5. #5
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,978
    No see, its nothing to do with sexuality, its about what looks good in terms of it. I am someone who came from reading conan comics and ke-zar and such, and those where characters who were man enough to walk around without chest armor on.

    For the part about girls, thats hardly an argument since all girls in wow wear bra's. Infact the pandaren female bra is probably the most highly detailed one of them all, so its hardly an issue.

    You say 'yeah but girls will walk around like that', They can do that anyway ingame and it doesn't stop them, its just as a option if making a transmogged set would look better without chest armor on.

    and theres hardly an argument here since blizzard themselves designs lore characters who do walk around shirtless, or in womens case in just bra's (Queen Azshara anyone?)

  6. #6
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,045
    same here except for all armor


    NAKED RAIDS

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  7. #7
    The Patient SirMeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Morioh-Cho
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You say 'yeah but girls will walk around like that', They can do that anyway ingame and it doesn't stop them, its just as a option if making a transmogged set would look better without chest armor on.
    + there are already chest armors who reveal as much than the bra does...

  8. #8
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We'd have too many naked lady elves running around everywhere. I can understand Blizzard's rationale.

    There are plenty of minimal chest armors in the game if you're going for that look.
    So? There are chest pieces out there that are more revealing than the basic bras females wear. And they even gave us an invisible chest piece as a quest reward. Why do this and then claim that nudity is an issue? It's not.

    I want to see this on my fembelf rogue, NOT to go topless, but to be able to use a pirate shirt with the rest of the pirate ensemble I assembled before they announced the invisivest would not be allowed in transmog.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  9. #9
    I want an actual armor instead of metal shirt.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Bearfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No see, its nothing to do with sexuality, its about what looks good in terms of it. I am someone who came from reading conan comics and ke-zar and such, and those where characters who were man enough to walk around without chest armor on.

    For the part about girls, thats hardly an argument since all girls in wow wear bra's. Infact the pandaren female bra is probably the most highly detailed one of them all, so its hardly an issue.

    You say 'yeah but girls will walk around like that', They can do that anyway ingame and it doesn't stop them, its just as a option if making a transmogged set would look better without chest armor on.

    and theres hardly an argument here since blizzard themselves designs lore characters who do walk around shirtless, or in womens case in just bra's (Queen Azshara anyone?)
    Speaking of fem pandas, that's one reason I could support that. It'd be fun to have her in her bra and design xmogs around that. And as someone who plays 75% male toons, it would be fun to have a bare chested man running around cleaving skulls and such. However, I can see blizz doing hide shoulders before anything else.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    567
    I've wanted this for a while now, to go with my orc warlock's barbaric, gritty look. A hidden chest piece would be perfect. There's really only one chest piece that goes well with the look, and that is the Witch Doctor's Beads.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

    You are now breathing manually.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,718
    Everyone should be given the choice to turn off what ever they want. Sure you have the 15 year old boys dress there female toons like strippers but at least it gives people the choice. A rogue stealthing around with massive shoulders never made sense.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  13. #13
    You forgot to mention Captain No Shirt.

    People who played vanilla know who I'm talking about :P

  14. #14
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,840
    However, I can see blizz doing hide shoulders before anything else.
    If only they would.. that'd be the day I cheer.

    So many clothie outfits are ruined by dumb shoulderpads...
    What good do they do anyway ... they are made out of friggin cloth...

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  15. #15
    I agree we should have more customization on our characters, transmog was a great step forward.

    So what if there would be a bunch of half naked elves, if people want to look like that, to each their own, its their character.

    But i'd rather see a show/ hide tabard option first.

  16. #16
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,314
    I see where OP is coming from, but it's really a non-issue compared to the list of other changes that would be far more conducive to improving the gameplay experience.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I see where OP is coming from, but it's really a non-issue compared to the list of other changes that would be far more conducive to improving the gameplay experience.
    Not everyone can be as bad-ass as Rexxar or Armsmaster Harlan. Although if they do implement this option, I'll only approve of it if you can tear off your chestpiece Hulk Hogan style.

  18. #18
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If only they would.. that'd be the day I cheer.

    So many clothie outfits are ruined by dumb shoulderpads...
    What good do they do anyway ... they are made out of friggin cloth...
    My priest has the mooncloth robes and they really work thematically with a holy priest. And they're great without shoulders too. I agree with this one greatly.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  19. #19
    Why does everyone always bring up near-naked female characters?

    There's armor in the game that already looks that way :x I doubt that's a problem, and if Blizzard ever says anything like that IS a problem, then they're liars. Because a LOT of female armor is just practically armored panties and bras.

  20. #20
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So? There are chest pieces out there that are more revealing than the basic bras females wear. And they even gave us an invisible chest piece as a quest reward. Why do this and then claim that nudity is an issue? It's not.
    My post was not a "heavens! the cartoon nudity!" type of complaint. It's not an issue of prudishness or how revealing it is or anything sexual, it's about game atmosphere. Right now, yes, any character can take off their armor and run around that way, but few do outside of those people that just park in a town for... ERP or whatever. And yes, there are certainly revealing pieces of armor in the game. Some is fine, but I think Blizzard's concern would be that if people were allowed to disable particular pieces of armor, we'd have a game full of naked and half-naked characters running around. Some people might not care but many would care about immersion or game environment & atmosphere and it would be a very negative development to those people.

    I think on a practical level, Blizzard allows people to turn of hats so they can recognise their character (I got nothin' for cloaks) but generally likes having their armor displayed since they've put a lot of work into it. I know this is why they haven't made a 'hide shoulders' option despite players asking for years, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was also part of the argument against other slots.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-06 at 11:29 PM.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •