Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandexander View Post
    Feminism is, in my mind, the response to the inequality that women face. If you think that women are equal (to men), and you walk the walk, then I think that makes you a feminist.

If you're anti-feminist, you're saying that there isn't a problem with the status quo, and, by extension, that it's okay to view and treat women as some how less than men.

Western society (North America and Western Europe) has come a long way, but we still have a ways to go. Much of the rest of the world hasn't come as far, and has a much longer way to go. Denying that there's a problem actively perpetuates the problem.
    For me, it's not about women being less than men. I just think it's stupid to insist that both sexes are absolutely equal in all regards. They're not, biology, bitch. Profanity aside, I think it's important that the debate is more focused on comparisons on an individual level, instead of comparing these two humongous groups which in the majority of cases is just an arbitrary category. If you're a woman who thinks you're underpaid compared to another co-worker, talk to your damn boss about it and make your case, don't involve gender. It doesn't matter. That's what everybody needs to understand, to think on a case-by-case individualist level instead of having the "I'm a woman, give me what he has" approach. There could be a million and one reasons your peer is better paid than you or whatever the case might be, but to blame in on gender inequality from the get-go isn't productive in any way.

All that being said, it's also vital that we actually recognize our differences and let those differences be there. We're better suited for different things and there's nothing wrong with that. I'll let one of the greatest minds of our time tell a message for me, he does it best.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore feminists. They are free to be as foolish as they wish, and we are free to ignore them and not give them anything they want.

Adressing the video, those women are trash. Nothing more need be said.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Pay is a myth: http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...qual-pay-myth/

Now if you want to argue that society demands women do lesser paying jobs that would be something, but for now women are being paid 1:1 with men.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-02-12 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
    You do all realize Feminism is equality.
    It is not women are better than men.

It's called feminism, because it's fighting for women's rights. Men have the rights, women just want the same ones.
    Scenarios have been pointed out where you think that women have disadvantages in comparison to men. You seek to amend that labeling it "equality". You want to do that apparently disregarding that there situations where men positions are harmed, even by the improvement of women's rights. That said, you can't make it better for one while ignoring the other and call it equal rights.

Because women still get paid less than men, for doing the same job.
    Because women still get blamed for getting raped, rather than the rapist.
    Because women still get judged for their appearance and beauty, rather than their minds.
    Because women can only be one body type, according to the media.
    Because men think feminism doesn't need to be around anymore, that's why feminism still needs to be around. It's just women being 'oh it's so 1900's.'
    No, women are still oppressed, and if you think that they are not, you're the reason why women are fighting for equality.

(and the video 'feminists' are extremists.)
    A lot of these are getting fixed right now (slowly but its getting done, some issues are far more complex)

a) Federal gov't payment is the same for men and woman for the same position and seniority (lily ledbaker law). Some jobs such as construction are male dominated (since, people are promoted from the down up and only males work at the bottom level jobs, males get promoted and get more money. You fix it by having woman work at the entry level construction job, which woman do not work at all right now by their own choice).

b) The second complain is completely a lie. Woman's word worth more than the man's during a rape trial.

c) Both sex suffers from that. Musculine male is the ideal. Can't get an erection, you are a failure. Most people do not care about smartness, since average joe has no use for such things.

d) Woman are more or less equal to male as both are discriminated in one way or another (may not be in the same area, but in different areas).

I like those activists...they've been doing shit like this for a few years and i don't know or care what they are protesting about so long as they do

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    b) The second complain is completely a lie. Woman's word worth more than the man's during a rape trial.
    Please. That is not true at all. How often is she scrutinized for what she wore, what she drank, who she was with?
    Why does she have to defend herself from being raped, rather than men, idk, NOT RAPING??

10+ Year Old Account
    You do all realize Feminism is equality.
    It is not women are better than men.

It's called feminism, because it's fighting for women's rights. Men have the rights, women just want the same ones.
    The problem is that the movement wants the benefits but deflect the responsibilities.

Take for instance marital violence. When it happens to a woman, it is as scandalous as can be, which I agree with but not because it's a woman, but rather because it's a human being. However, if it happens to a man, he gets out of it not only emasculated, but also laughed at, dismissed by the system, with next to no resource to help him, and the woman can keep that act going. And yes, there are crazy abusive women, just like there are abusive men out there.

Now, with that being said, it would be very intricate, if not impossible, to accommodate the current justice system in accordance to the many differences between man and women, not only from a physical and mental standpoint, but also from a society issue's standpoint. Abuse would come from both sides of the spectrum.

This, and several other complications related to equality, makes me believe it's impossible to achieve. I mean sure, we man would have to take a backseat in some cases, but so would you. Equality, or equivalence, doesn't mean "we'll make you pay for the last 65 billion years you oppressed us".
    Last edited by marthsk; 2013-02-12 at 07:52 PM. Reason: correcting key sentence
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Then why is it called feminism instead of equalism or something? It is fine for a boy to have a female role model. Ain't nothing wrong with being feminine but you may get confused for gay if you are just like a manly woman will probably be thought to be lesbian. Strong females aren't called bitches, bitches are called bitches because they are bitches.
    It's called feminism because it's focused on the inequality that women face. It's something of a big deal because women are roughly HALF of the population.

There are lots of other groups that deal with inequality, and there are movements that focus on those types of inequality. Those groups tend to be minorities, too.

It's also important to realize that, while women are equal to you, and in your personal experience, that isn't the case for the rest of your country, let alone for the rest of the world. And it's also not the case in the media, or in the culture. It's getting better, but there are still too many anti-feminist (i.e. anti-women) people in positions of power. That's why it's important!

Deleted
    Please. That is not true at all. How often is she scrutinized for what she wore, what she drank, who she was with?
    Why does she have to defend herself from being raped, rather than men, idk, NOT RAPING??
    Tell that to the countless innocent young men in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Why call it feminism? Why not call it equality? Lets fight for equality instead?
    Your argument "most here wont get it" is a cheap way out to avoid real arguments and real discussion.

Equality needs to happen. Not feminism...
    Its called Feminism because when the great egalitarians of history set out to make "everyone equal", they left out whole swathes of the population with regards to who was considered part of that "everyone". Historically speaking, being "egalitarian" meant that all white men who owned property were equal under the law. Other groups were told to get to the back of the line until the important concerns of the white male property owners were settled, then they could get around to dealing with women and blacks and gays and everyone else once the "important" stuff was all taken care of. The call for "egalitarianism" is a soft-handed attempt to control the discourse surrounding whose rights are important, who gets to have agency, etc.

Here's a thought for you: YOU be egalitarian if that's what you're into and if you're truly being that, then youre already giving most branches of feminism one part of what theyre asking for anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, it's called being investigated. So, you know, a woman wouldn't cry "rape" because the guy didn't do everything she wanted. And yes, there are women who'd gladly abuse the system and men without a second thought.

Equality is not as easy as you'd like to believe.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
    Its called Feminism because when the great egalitarians of history set out to make "everyone equal", they left out whole swathes of the population with regards to who was considered part of that "everyone". Historically speaking, being "egalitarian" meant that all white men who owned property were equal under the law. Other groups were told to get to the back of the line until the important concerns of the white male property owners were settled, then they could get around to dealing with women and blacks and gays and everyone else once the "important" stuff was all taken care of. The call for "egalitarianism" is a soft-handed attempt to control the discourse surrounding whose rights are important, who gets to have agency, etc.

Here's a thought for you: YOU be egalitarian if that's what you're into and if you're truly being that, then youre already giving most branches of feminism one part of what theyre asking for anyway.
    Equality seems to mean something else for you than it does for me. Let me know when you are back to 2013 and ill be ready for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Take for instance marital violence. When it happens to a man, it is as scandalous as can be
    When it happens to a man, it's as RARE as can be.

Does it happen to men? Sure. There are men who are the victims in abusive relationships.

Do those men live in fear every day? Probably.

Do those men fear that they will be injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Probably.

Are men actually injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Maybe.

Lot's of men? No.

As many men as women? No.

10% as many? Probably not. Probably less.

THAT'S why it matters.

Deleted
    1.Because women still get paid less than men, for doing the same job.
    2.Because women still get blamed for getting raped, rather than the rapist.
    3.Because women still get judged for their appearance and beauty, rather than their minds.
    4.Because women can only be one body type, according to the media.
    5.Because men think feminism doesn't need to be around anymore, that's why feminism still needs to be around. It's just women being 'oh it's so 1900's.'
    No, women are still oppressed, and if you think that they are not, you're the reason why women are fighting for equality.

(and the video 'feminists' are extremists.)
    1. True on some jobs, on other jobs or age category they earn more as well...it goes both ways, and if you dissagree then your an idiot.

2. And I believe half of the reported rapes are women going for revenge with no rape ever finding place...but when there is rape I can't think of a single case that women ever got the blame for it, atleast not where I live (Belgium). I find it sad that so many forget how many males go to prison for false rape accusations...not to forget the female doesn't get punished after she comes clean after +5 years (I understand why they don't get punished though)

3. Dude, what age are you living...that's stuff from 20+ years ago...if not longer. Sure it happens some times, but it happens with males as well.

4. Again, if you believe media then it goes for males as well...anyone who compares themselves to the ideal media picture is a fecking retard.

5. I got no problem with feminism, but most feminists are idiots who hate men. The smallest feminist group keeps a low profile and actually gets shit done, like getting more females on promotion chances, etc...

Conclusion, females have problems but so do males...and I for one am for it getting equal, but most feminists (obviously not all of them) take wathever reason they can find to bash males.

Is feminism needed? Yes, in some way it is...but so is an organisation for males imo, both sexes need support to find a balance in our current culture.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-02-12 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Equality seems to mean something else for you than it does for me. Let me know when you are back to 2013 and ill be ready for your input.
    The present doesn't exist in a vacuum and you're doing yourself a disservice to pretend that history didn't happen.

Does it happen to men? Sure. There are men who are the victims in abusive relationships.

Do those men fear that they will be injured, maimed, or killed by their partner? Probably.

Lot's of men? No.

THAT'S why it matters.
    Oh so because they are in the minority they don't matter that's great to hear.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted

Lot's of men? No.

THAT'S why it matters.
    Please do some research on a subject before posting in future.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Umm, it's called being investigated. So, you know, a woman wouldn't cry "rape" because the guy didn't do everything she wanted. And yes, there are women who'd gladly abuse the system and men without a second thought.

Equality is not as easy as you'd like to believe.
    But... it's so. rare. news stories like to make a big deal about it, but that doesn't happen often at all.
    And so many times when a women does call rape, when it was, gets laughed at.

Sure, it's ~investigating~. But she'll be blamed for not being diligent enough. Date rape drug, why wasn't she watching her drink enough? Men don't have to care about how they dress, what they drink, who they're with to not be raped. Women are TAUGHT how to be safe... Because that's the sad thing... Why are men taught to not rape? Why do they take advantage of a girl who is alone, who has been drinking. Just because she's dressed the way she is, does not mean YES, I WANT IT. Because she's had a few too many drinks, does not mean YES, I WANT IT.

I love how only a few girls had their breasts blocked out, the ones that are showing theirs for more than 1-2 seconds lol.