Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to only friendship, definitely. I'm a male, and there are certain subjects that I just wouldn't feel comfortable talking about with a female friend, but that a male will understand easier. The same could be said for the reverse. This doesn't mean that I won't have a close friendship with a girl. I've had a pretty close female friend before who I treated and thought of like a sister. But I just couldn't get myself to talk about certain things with her that are quite natural when talking to males, at least for me. Their looks are, frankly, quite irrelevant for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post

If you're a male, would you rather hang out with an attractive looking male or an ugly male?
    That's how I took the question.
    That's why the title is confusing.

Deleted
    To be honest I found that my best friends are always women. I seem to get along better with women. But not any type, I dislike those that are like ... I don't even know, metrosexual? to the point where they look like tramps. I get along really well with random ladies that are nice, but them being crazy about how they look throws me off even from friendship, the same as if a man is crazy about sports it throws me off about being friends with them. Why? Because I know that because they're crazy about that, they will wish to talk that subject a lot, and since I dislike it... you get the point.

I can't even judge the attractiveness of a male. I literally have no idea if my friends (all guys) are handsome or good looking or whatever, the measuring system just isn't there.

As far as female friends go, the few I've had, I was not attracted to. I'm not saying they weren't attractive, simply not my type in a romantic way, which is probably what made the platonic relationship possible. I always felt it to be a little deceitful to be 'just friends' with a romantic interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    While the ugly betty may have a nice and cool personality fitting her in that group often doesen't seem to work out.
    This has nothing to do with her appearance directly. Although appearance can change someone's personality, and when personalities don't match then you won't be friends easily. It's that simple I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Do you prefer to choose to hang out with guys/girls who look good or attractive? Or do you really not care when you're only looking for friendship and friendship alone?
    Yes ofcoarse, its madness to state otherwise, that doesn't mean I automaticly dislike guys who are unattractive to the sex I'm attracted to. I do this unconsciously, but if you pay attention you become aware that everybody does this.
    Also I tend to dislike guys who are more attractive then me (that doesn't happen alot *winkwink nudgnudge*). Because of Alphamalehormones and being the bloke with the biggest antlers(figuratively. No penis joke intended) in the group

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I don't let physical appearance have anything to do with who my friends are. I mostly hang out with guys because, on average, I have common interests with other guys more than girls. That's not to say that I avoid girls or anything of the sort. I should note that I'm gay, but that isn't the reason why I mostly hang out with guys simply because I'm not out to anyone but my best friend at the moment. And I don't ever expect anyone whom I meet in person to be my potential date simply because that would be kind of unprecedented in this more or less homophobic country.

I do, however, plan to come out to anyone I may be talking with about relationships and sexuality when I go to university. People will be a lot more tolerant there and I'll be emotionally stable when I start college, unlike when I started high school. I'll also be able to come out before a too-condensed image of me has been ingrained in the minds of my friends-to-be.

Edit: Just realized that it would be quite hypocritical of me to avoid guys that aren't too attractive, subconsciously or consciously, given the fact that I'm not very attractive myself.

I tend to pretty much only hang out with guys for friends. Girls I get close to at all either like me beyond friendship, or I like them, or both.

Not to mention the fact that, even if no attraction is there for either of us, few girls are similar enough to me to build a strong friendship anyway.

As far as how my regular friends look, I honestly could not care less. It has no bearing on my choice of friends, being straight and all.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think studies have shown that attractive people tend to hang out with other attractive people and vice versa.

As far as my situation, I'm a gay guy who mostly has straight guy friends. Gay guy friends would probably be second on the list. I have a few close straight female friends, but not that many.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    I can't even judge the attractiveness of a male. I literally have no idea if my friends (all guys) are handsome or good looking or whatever, the measuring system just isn't there.
    I call BS when I hear guys say this. Most people, regardless of gender or sexuality, can rank the attractiveness of either gender. There's a very distinct difference between being attracted to a gender and being able to rate where a person ranks on a scale of attractiveness. Otherwise, you'd have no way of distinguishing between, say, Richard Simmons and Channing Tatum.
    Last edited by FathomFear; 2013-02-13 at 03:11 PM.

Well I am a gay guy, and most of my friends now are gay guys. So I guess so. I have had the same two girlfriends for over 10 years, but I always have multiple straight guy friends and gay guy friends, and the odd bisexual.

In highschool i was friends with the "goodlooking" i guess. Wich is not the person i am now, when i look back at that time, i want to go back and kick my ass, because i was stupid, and possible gave alot of pain to others. But in highschool, its the same all over the world, you have 2 groups, you cant be friends with both. So highschool example is "tiny part" of a lifetime.
    Hmm i suppose i have friends in diffrent categories, at the university im friendly/friends with everyone. Outside of the unversity i have mixed between girls and guys, my "best friends" would be then 2 guys and 1 girl (who is lesbian, and freaking hot 9/10). My "male friends", i suppose they are around 7/10.
    So my "best friends" are good looking, and study friends are mixed, i guess. This is confusing.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    I won't actively exclude people I consider ugly but I suppose I do naturally gravitate to better looking people and if I'm simply taking pick of who I want to spend time with when I don't know very much about either, I'll pick the better looking one without realising.

Deleted
    title is a bit misleading...no i do not care about men's appearance when picking friends(i'm male,heterosexual),as long as it's not so bad that people will look down upon us just for bringing him along(like dressed horribly bad,being morbidly obese-these tell us something bad about his character too,like horrible taste,0 discipline)

I'm a guy. The vast majority of people I've considered close friends are female. Hell, right now, the ONLY people who I socialize with(outside of work, anyway) are females. Not something I deliberately aimed for, just that the guys I had been friends with IRL have moved away or our schedules conflict so we don't really get much chance to hang out or whatnot, and all my online/gamer male friends have either quit playing or moved to other games.

And I don't care about how they look, I am friends with girls I consider gorgeous, and am friends with girls who are plain. I've never really judged male appearances so I dunno if any of the guys I've been friends with would be considered "hot" or w/e to the females.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2013-02-15 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm friends equally with people of both sexes. As an adult, though, I find it easier to meet and get to know new women (opposite sex) than men, since it's a bit less weird to invite them to go do things.
    Same for me. All my male friends are those that I've known from my teenage years at least, I haven't made a single new male friend since that, and many female ones. Male acquaintances sure, but friends nah.

Deleted
    yeh I do if its girls with girls

Im a guy who will almosy always choose a friend will be another guy ,....but for sexual reason ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

95% of my friends are male and I'm male. I'm gay and have Asperger's (not self-diagnosed) and a good many men I have issue with because I find them too emotionally needy.... so just imagine the lack of synergy I have with women....