Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They're a race that doesn't even make sense.

Old Gods corrupt them with the curse of flesh only for their servant Deathwing to undo it. It just doesn't add up.

And we probably won't see them again, just like the forces in Outland doing nothing. How can Khadgar, Danath and Nazgrel completely ignore the war between the Horde and the Alliance? Nazgrel was Thrall's right hand for a long time, now he's just ignored. And that's just naming a few, there's countless more.

Kahdgar probably has other things to concern himself, what with working with the Naaru and preparing for the Burning Legion and all. A crappy little war between two races pales into insignificance when both races stand to be obliterated when the Legion come back.
    Same with Nazgrel, he will probs make a reappearance when the BL comes back, as he is in charge of the Hordes operations (in Thrallmar) for Outland.

If you put where the NPCs are in context, then they are probably doing the job they were told to do. If a soldier gets posted long term to a foreign land, they don't just up sticks and leave because they feel like it, they follow orders, and do the job they were told to do. As the BL is still a HUGE threat, and they are the Vanguard against them, why would they leave?

Same with Danath and the others you mentioned. Every NPC has their place and if you put their location/ideology into context and think about stuff, it does make sense. Eg Rexxar is still probably trying to get his family to like him again, its all context.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They're a race that doesn't even make sense.

Old Gods corrupt them with the curse of flesh only for their servant Deathwing to undo it. It just doesn't add up.

And we probably won't see them again, just like the forces in Outland doing nothing. How can Khadgar, Danath and Nazgrel completely ignore the war between the Horde and the Alliance? Nazgrel was Thrall's right hand for a long time, now he's just ignored. And that's just naming a few, there's countless more.
    My understanding isn't that the Curse of Flesh is "targeted" like that. It's more of an AoE kind of thing, ie any titan constructs that hang around long enough can fall under it's influence.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I liked the concept of the Tol'vir but their execution was poor.

One of those "quest for pandaria" or "Travel Journal" short stories on the official site had them executing neferset and such by dropping huge stones on them though.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

I'm sure the majority of the Ramkahen have no interest in leaving Uldum. But for the few more adventurous types among them, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume they might try and build relations with the Tauren and Night Elves. If not, at the very least I'm sure their are a fair number of Dwarfs who would like to research the Tol'vir and their titan lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'm sure the majority of the Ramkahen have no interest in leaving Uldum. But for the few more adventurous types among them, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume they might try and build relations with the Tauren and Night Elves. If not, at the very least I'm sure their are a fair number of Dwarfs who would like to research the Tol'vir and their titan lineage.
    Short story had them tell the dwarfs off and forbid their digging so they wouldn't end up like the cursed gnomes in the area.

Dwarves were grumbly about it.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Short story had them tell the dwarfs off and forbid their digging so they wouldn't end up like the cursed gnomes in the area.

Dwarves were grumbly about it.
    Interesting. I'll have to read it. Makes a lot sense...it would be similar to if ancient Egyptians ran into modern day scientists trying to study mummies. They would probably be run off or worse by the locals.

A lot of those old factions are very local, probably with virtually no influence outside their questing area. The Sporregar only really care about their village and the mushroom swamp they live in.

Others are temporary organizations meant to fulfill a specific purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if the Molten Front Offensive disbanded and their base was abandoned after Ragnaros was finished off.

Others stick around, but go do their day to day stuff now that they aren't needed in a big way. The elements have calmed down, so no reason for the Earthen Ring to hand out quests and loot anymore.

I'm still waiting for that ''tourist attraction'' in Uldum that some NPC's promised us

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm still waiting for that ''tourist attraction'' in Uldum that some NPC's promised us
    I'm still waiting for Gnomebliteration to become a daily.

*shakes fist at Blizzard*
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire
    Impact of Stat Squish on Heirloom Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    It seems as though Blizzard has completely forgotten the Ramkahen. I mean, are they still there? Are they ignorant to everything going on around them? They have their own culture they've accepted us into, one with a hierarchy and conflict. They're different than any of the other races we've encountered in Azeroth due to the fact that they have an entire empire and are a mostly good group of peoples.

What's the deal Blizzard? Are they just dead and gone now?
    They may re-visit in the future.

The inclusion of Tol'vir as an existing race in World of Warcraft was done in order to answer lingering "wtf?" questions left over from WC3 and Vanilla.

Why did the Scourge and insect races have enslaved cat people in their army? Oh. That's why. I guess. Okay.

Move on.

My only problem with Ramkahen -or anything Uldum, in general- is that it was a little too much Egypt-like for my taste. Could have been more original.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Water Lords could show up later when we resolve the Neptulon story, Ashen Verdict are probably chilling (haha) in Icecrown Citadel watching over Bolvar (the members from the Ebon Blade, at least), and if we ever get a full-on elemental planes expansion, I suspect the Firelands will look very different, what with the trees everywhere...
    Why are you assuming everyone knows about Bolvar. Tirion Fordring knows about Bolvar and that's where the list ends. Officially, the lich king was defeated. Bolvar is a secret, and we all know the Alliance doesn't take in its member who have become undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    Are they just dead and gone now?
    And OH!
    I've been travelling on this road too long!
    Trying to find my way back home!
    The old me is dead and gone
    Dead and gooooone

-Justin Ramkenlake

P.S. I'll leave now...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

It's impossible to keep every race and orginization up to date with every expansion.

Anyway, the Tol'vir keep true to their ancient duty, which is to protect Uldum. It doesn't make sense for them to care about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's impossible to keep every race and orginization up to date with every expansion.

Anyway, the Tol'vir keep true to their ancient duty, which is to protect Uldum. It doesn't make sense for them to care about anything else.
    It would be pretty weird if all the races and factions of Azeroth stalked us.

Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Water Lords could show up later when we resolve the Neptulon story
    Metzen said they're very content with the way that storyline ended.

I hope that means "we're content with the way that storyline ended [in cataclysm]" and not "[forever.]"

I'm really looking forward to a Naga expansion, but with all the hate people had for Vashj'ir (sad face, I loved the place) they probably will leave it for a long while.

INFRACTED! For uhm... Idk, I'll read the ToS later, I'm sure I'll find something in there I can stretch to cover whatever it is I don't like about you.

They are gone but not forgotten!

Ramkahen put to death all the neferset for siding with Deathwing against them. It was in the quest for pandaria story