Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What about the Ramkahen?

    It seems as though Blizzard has completely forgotten the Ramkahen. I mean, are they still there? Are they ignorant to everything going on around them? They have their own culture they've accepted us into, one with a hierarchy and conflict. They're different than any of the other races we've encountered in Azeroth due to the fact that they have an entire empire and are a mostly good group of peoples.


    What's the deal Blizzard? Are they just dead and gone now?

  2. #2
    As far as I can tell based on what happened with the raids, etc., the Ramkahen were successful in defeating the Neferset; Al-Akir and Siamat are defeated in lore, and as with Deathwing eliminated there's really no one supporting Neferset. So the Tol'vir with the exception of the Neferset are still in Uldum.
    Last edited by chrth; 2013-02-12 at 08:05 PM.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  3. #3
    Brewmaster gridalien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    1,350
    After the defeat of the neferset i assume they went back to doing what they did before in guarding the titans contructs left there and continuing the same stuff they did pre-cata. They accepted help from the horde/alliance as they needed it but never really had a real desire or need to leave Uldum and explore the world. Who knows though we may see them as a group or just a few some point in the future.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    After the defeat of the neferset i assume they went back to doing what they did before in guarding the titans contructs left there and continuing the same stuff they did pre-cata. They accepted help from the horde/alliance as they needed it but never really had a real desire or need to leave Uldum and explore the world. Who knows though we may see them as a group or just a few some point in the future.
    This is a logical explanation. I agree that they were one of the cooler unique races which we encountered in Cata, but they seemed both very self-subsistent and self-contained. Wouldn't mind seeing a few of them interjected somewhere else in Azeroth sometime, but it's doubtful.

  5. #5
    I bet they are hanging out with all the other factions from expansions gone, such as the Thorium brotherhood or the consortium. (And basically the majority of factions. They pop up, get grinded to exalted and are never heard from again)

  6. #6
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,912
    I don't think anyone cares really. The whole theme of uldum was a mess. A race of cat mutants who are meant to be an ancient race of titan made guardians cursed with the curse of flesh.. and nothing else from it.
    They seemed a generic, boring race tbh. I would have so much more preferred if al'akir had made his presence known across the zone, as an elemental lord following deathwing, him appearing much like ragnaros did in hyjal, it would have been SO much better then indiana jones and the rejected thundercats.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,119
    Same thing that happened to...

    The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Those weird mushroom men. I mean, what was up with them?
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.
    Those neato Cata Earthen.

    And about a hundred other forgotten factions or races.

  8. #8
    Also, in addition to what the others said, they are also in a time of healing.
    They have gone from being a united race, to suddenly being corrupted by Deathwing, and having a civil war. That stuff takes time to get over, and for an insular race of guardians, mooching about Pandaria/Alliance/Horde territory just doesn't seem to fit to my mind.

  9. #9
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Same thing that happened to...

    The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Those weird mushroom men. I mean, what was up with them?
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.
    Those neato Cata Earthen.

    And about a hundred other forgotten factions or races.
    Well blizzard did reuse these races later on, the broken more so then the rest with characters like shamans in the earthen ring.

  10. #10
    Since we killed all the Keepers and Neferset in the Halls of Origination, I imagine the Tol'vir are the only custodians of it now. They are the last defense for the reorigination machine that can destroy the planet, and we will probably never hear of them again. Until the Legion invades again.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't think anyone cares really. The whole theme of uldum was a mess. A race of cat mutants who are meant to be an ancient race of titan made guardians cursed with the curse of flesh.. and nothing else from it.
    They seemed a generic, boring race tbh. I would have so much more preferred if al'akir had made his presence known across the zone, as an elemental lord following deathwing, him appearing much like ragnaros did in hyjal, it would have been SO much better then indiana jones and the rejected thundercats.
    Speak for yourself, I actually liked them.

  12. #12
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    It seems as though Blizzard has completely forgotten the Ramkahen. I mean, are they still there? Are they ignorant to everything going on around them? They have their own culture they've accepted us into, one with a hierarchy and conflict. They're different than any of the other races we've encountered in Azeroth due to the fact that they have an entire empire and are a mostly good group of peoples.


    What's the deal Blizzard? Are they just dead and gone now?
    Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever...Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever...Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    I think the Ashen Verdict/Molten front Offensive are pretty much done and dusted. They were small organisations put together for one thing, and one thing only, which succeeded. Thus, for timeline reasons, we can assume they are completely finished. The only reason the Argent Crusade still seems to be around is that there are scourge lurking, and another might rise up. That and also Tirion knows the Lich King is alive, and is possibly keeping them as a safeguard.
    Hydraxian? I think once Ragnaros was banished, they stopped giving a s**t. They are elementals, and are more concerned with their own desires. Why they didn't appear in Vash'jir though, at least as a cameo, I have no idea.

    Lower City? It's Shattrath, they are still around, they just don't leave Shattrath.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever...Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    Water Lords could show up later when we resolve the Neptulon story, Ashen Verdict are probably chilling (haha) in Icecrown Citadel watching over Bolvar (the members from the Ebon Blade, at least), and if we ever get a full-on elemental planes expansion, I suspect the Firelands will look very different, what with the trees everywhere...

  15. #15
    The Patient Shanxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amidst Legends
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Same thing that happened to...

    The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Those weird mushroom men. I mean, what was up with them?
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.
    Those neato Cata Earthen.

    And about a hundred other forgotten factions or races.
    There's an Arrakoa boss in the Violet Hold in Wotlk (Nothing else ahead I think)
    Broken in the Earthen Ring in Cataclysm
    Lost Ones... Yeah nothing, you do see some in the Swamp of Sorrows
    Ethereals came as Void Storagers, Transmogfrifiers, Item Upgraders and rogue legendary quest guy in 4x cities in Cataclysm/MoP
    Ogr'la Nothing
    The Aldor Nothing
    Scryers Nothing
    Sporeggar Nothing
    Frostborn Nothing
    Taunka I think I saw those somewhere used as Horde soldiers in a remade Classic zone after the cataclysm hit, can't remember
    Kalu'ak You see one in each Shrine in the Vale, and I think there's one in Krasarang at the anglers which makes 3x added in MoP

    Well, that was my comment :P


    Also, I have high feelings of another ''space'' ''Burning Legion'' expansion so we'll get Shattrath and the old Outland factions as a new remake of updated ones, much like you see Sunreavers and the Kirin Tor from wotlk in the Throne of Thunder MoP patch
    Last edited by Shanxys; 2013-02-12 at 08:30 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever..
    I don't even know where there even is a Hydraxian Waterlord ... still grinding the rep.

    Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    Well, like the upcoming Shado-Pan Assault, those are more Goal-Oriented Factions than they are Population-Oriented. Since the goal was completed, they really don't have a purpose outside the goal, unless someone reorganizes them for a different goal.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  17. #17
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think the Ashen Verdict/Molten front Offensive are pretty much done and dusted. They were small organisations put together for one thing, and one thing only, which succeeded. Thus, for timeline reasons, we can assume they are completely finished. The only reason the Argent Crusade still seems to be around is that there are scourge lurking, and another might rise up. That and also Tirion knows the Lich King is alive, and is possibly keeping them as a safeguard.
    Hydraxian? I think once Ragnaros was banished, they stopped giving a s**t. They are elementals, and are more concerned with their own desires. Why they didn't appear in Vash'jir though, at least as a cameo, I have no idea.

    Lower City? It's Shattrath, they are still around, they just don't leave Shattrath.
    Ok..so as others said by that logic we...did whatever we had to do for the Ramkahen. Just like that Klaxxi still offer me dailies although we stomped out all bosses in their raid?

    Good chance to say how much I hate the rep system. get rep for dailies, but not for actually venturing into the actual caves where the true threat is? Like it started in TBC? Go to the Hellfire dungeons, but no rep when you want to slay Magtherion. Go the the Slave Pens and all but no rep in SSC. Go to the dungeons in Netherstorm, but no rep in TK..etc...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  18. #18
    (QUOTE=Validity)- Same thing that happened to...

    The Arrakoa- Outland only, not really any reason for them to leave.
    The Broken- Some still lurk around, especially in ER etc
    The Lost Ones- Lurking around Swamp of Sorrows, and whatnot
    Ethereals- Extradimensional race we met in Outland, we haven't been into another dimension/space since then, so why would they appear?
    Ogri'la- Limited completely to Outland, and just wanted to stay in peace, so they wouldn't really go anywhere else.
    The Aldor- Shattrath faction, why would they leave/care about other areas?
    The Scryers- See above
    Sporregar- tiny race situated in a swamp. You saved them from the Naga threat , so they are still living there, why would they mooch somewhere else?
    Frostborne- Dwarves dedicated to living in the snow. They are happy there, else we would have discovered them before, so its obvious they don't care to travel or can't to non-icy areas, so why would they leave again?
    Taunka- They have travelled a little/Yaungol are the new ones (I think)
    Those walrus dudes- SOme in Pandaria, you see them around. They don't care for travel anyways
    Those neato Cata Earthen- They are a Deepholm facion and only care about the Earth, Why would they travel Azeroth when they have all they need in Deepholm?

    And about a hundred other forgotten factions or races.- Most of them don't have any reason whatsoever to leave the area they are in if you think about it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just like that Klaxxi still offer me dailies although we stomped out all bosses in their raid?
    Not really. Even though you can do the dailies for Klaxxi after the Empress is defeated and you're Exalted, that's a game mechanic, not a lore mechanic.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok..so as others said by that logic we...did whatever we had to do for the Ramkahen. Just like that Klaxxi still offer me dailies although we stomped out all bosses in their raid?

    Good chance to say how much I hate the rep system. get rep for dailies, but not for actually venturing into the actual caves where the true threat is? Like it started in TBC? Go to the Hellfire dungeons, but no rep when you want to slay Magtherion. Go the the Slave Pens and all but no rep in SSC. Go to the dungeons in Netherstorm, but no rep in TK..etc...
    Your looking at it from a mechanics point of view, of course they will stll offer dailies. Your mixing up game logistics with lore. In lore terms, its pretty obvious now the threat of the Empress/Sha is over, they would go "Ok, thanks for your time, we are gonna sort this out now, your always welcome and whatnot, but bog off as we have stuff to sort".
    However, they can't do that game mechanics wise, else people would run out of dailies to get their loot tokens , but from a lore perspective, you will probably find next expansion/few patches, they might surface (if they do, which is unlikely, they don't give a s**t about other races) and explain how they have changed, but it is highly unlikely.

    Also, just remember the final quest you do there, they basiclaly tell you "Thanks buddy, but if we see you again, your screwed" type thing.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2013-02-12 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Addition

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •