Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    They should join the Horde imo.

    Warender - Orc Elemental Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

  2. #62
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Sometimes I truly feel if I'm the only one that liked the Indiana Jones adventure that was Uldum. Seeing Harrison Jones return in Grizzly Hills after his "death" in Zul'aman, then as an Archaelogy Trainer (his day job!) in Stormwind, and then finally in Uldum was just.. heck, I don't know. Fun.

    I had fun.

    youre definately not the only one, i enjoyed the zone, i thought it was a lot better than vashjir and twilight highlands. after deepholm it was probably my second favorite zone, although i thought hyjal was good too.

    that being said, they did go just a little too far with the whole egypt, indiana jones references. i mean the first couple quests it was ok but like blizzard they overdo just about everything and by the end of the zone it wasnt as funny but still enjoyable

  3. #63
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    They should join the Horde imo.
    Really? I was thinking the whole Cat vibe made them fit in with the Nelves better.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  4. #64
    All those years looking at those big doors and wondering what could be lying behind them and we get cat people and Harrison Jones. At least when Lost finally opened the hatch they tempered the disappointment by having a Glaswegian there.

  5. #65
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    All those years looking at those big doors and wondering what could be lying behind them and we get cat people and Harrison Jones. At least when Lost finally opened the hatch they tempered the disappointment by having a Glaswegian there.
    Yeah, bothered me that those big doors were actually a collapsed dead end and you had to go through that stupid cactus valley to actually get in there. :\


    Place was supposed to have some reliquary things too but that got cut in favor of Schnotzz.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  6. #66
    I don't know about having a huge involvement but it would be cool to have a couple of them just wandering around the capital cities maybe, especially for newbies to wonder what they are.

  7. #67
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know about having a huge involvement but it would be cool to have a couple of them just wandering around the capital cities maybe, especially for newbies to wonder what they are.
    Agreed, I really think more integration among all the races would be really cool.

    I want Sporelings to be the "ghouls" of the Forsaken @.@
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Agreed, I really think more integration among all the races would be really cool.

    I want Sporelings to be the "ghouls" of the Forsaken @.@
    Or a few confused Tuskar, wandering round the city with a map of Stormwind asking for directions.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Or a few confused Tuskar, wandering round the city with a map of Stormwind asking for directions.
    T.T I still wish they'd gone horde like it was originally implied.

    *le sigh*

    Though I dunno how well they'd do in Stormwind given how they apparently overheat outside of NR's climate.

    Maybe they can get some magic doodads that let them survive outside the cold?
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  10. #70
    Well, they never showed any expansionism. They never showed any interest at all as to what was going on outside their little area. Basically they seem content to deal with their stuff and leave the rest of the world alone.

    Add to that, they just went through a major upheaval. After a civil war they would have a lot of rebuilding to do.

    So, for a race with little to no interest in the outside world and just recovering from a civil war, it would seem more odd to see them elsewhere.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Maybe they can get some magic doodads that let them survive outside the cold?
    Last thing we need is Mr. Freeze expy with his blizzard of puns.

  12. #72
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't think anyone cares really. The whole theme of uldum was a mess. A race of cat mutants who are meant to be an ancient race of titan made guardians cursed with the curse of flesh.. and nothing else from it.
    They seemed a generic, boring race tbh. I would have so much more preferred if al'akir had made his presence known across the zone, as an elemental lord following deathwing, him appearing much like ragnaros did in hyjal, it would have been SO much better then indiana jones and the rejected thundercats.
    I agree

    /10 char
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Place was supposed to have some reliquary things too but that got cut in favor of Schnotzz.
    I forgot all about Schnotzz, they need to make a way to get Gobbles as a battle pet!

    At the end of each expansion they should put some quests in to complete the storyline for each faction (available once you have exalted). Too often the 'end' of the storyline is just the assumption that you go off and kill a raid boss, which is woefully lacking when it comes to storytelling. I liked how the Golden Lotus dailies had a storyline and an actual conclusion quest where you finally fight the protagonist. The klaxxi was a bit ridiculous, you don't really get to see what happens with them after you kill the Empress (or at least what happens to the ones that weren't turned into shish kebabs).

    It is apparent that many story lines are just abruptly dropped because the designers just lose interest.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  14. #74
    Chen Stormstout and Lili travel to Uldum in Quest for Pandaria short story
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...daria/part-1/1

  15. #75
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...daria/part-3/1
    wraps up what happened with the Tol'vir, Ramkahen, and Neferset.
    lol beat me to it

  16. #76
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I forgot all about Schnotzz, they need to make a way to get Gobbles as a battle pet!

    At the end of each expansion they should put some quests in to complete the storyline for each faction (available once you have exalted). Too often the 'end' of the storyline is just the assumption that you go off and kill a raid boss, which is woefully lacking when it comes to storytelling. I liked how the Golden Lotus dailies had a storyline and an actual conclusion quest where you finally fight the protagonist. The klaxxi was a bit ridiculous, you don't really get to see what happens with them after you kill the Empress (or at least what happens to the ones that weren't turned into shish kebabs).

    It is apparent that many story lines are just abruptly dropped because the designers just lose interest.
    They've pretty much admitted they don't care about story so much as 'rule of cool'
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •