Exclamation The 5.2 meta gems are so powerful that...

I strongly believe Blizzard is going to implement some sort of restriction on these so that they aren't usable in the next expansion. The secondary effects on these are ridiculous! A FREE spell? 20% damage reduction buff for tanks? No amount of future stats is going to match up to these monsters.

Could see an ilvl slot maximum, similar to how cata+ gems have a ilvl minimum

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    I strongly believe Blizzard is going to implement some sort of restriction on these so that they aren't usable in the next expansion. The secondary effects on these are ridiculous! A FREE spell? 20% damage reduction buff for tanks? No amount of future stats is going to match up to these monsters.
    What about 40% damage reduction?

They will probably have a reduced affect over level 90 like other former "amazing" max level items that used to exist.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Id like to see all casters rocking the 30% spell haste in arenas/rbgs. They will probably let a whole season go by before removing it.
    "We dont like to change stuff mid season"-bullshit and all those other pathetic answers regarding pvp balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 30% spell haste is going to be ridiculous for some classes... I think it's going to be massive for affliction warlocks when combined with dark soul, for PvP that is. Probably extremely good for shadow priests as well, but less since they don't have another good cooldown to combine it with.

this can only be used in Sha Touched weapons. So won't really be usable in PvP.
    And also, they can only be used in Specific Items.
    Therefore won't be usable in other expansions.

Pretty much exactly like the +500 stat gem.
    Very specific for PvE and current content.

maybe proc is good, but fucking crit? no way, I think it way better to stick with primary stats for my 2 melee chars

Quote Originally Posted by tdynasty View Post
    this can only be used in Sha Touched weapons. So won't really be usable in PvP.
    And also, they can only be used in Specific Items.
    Therefore won't be usable in other expansions.

Pretty much exactly like the +500 stat gem.
    Very specific for PvE and current content.
    It's a helm meta gem, bro.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the old gems require a sha-touched socket, which won't be on any items after MoP.

Easy enough to edit the chain so the new gems require a sha-touched socket and change the item to give sha-touched instead of prismatic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Blizzard can nerf them later? -_-

Deleted
    legendary so what

Deleted
    This things are about to wreck PvP unless they dramatically buff the PvP epic gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll change it so it has less proc chance at levels beyond 90. or simply put in a ilevel restriction of some sort. I doubt they'd let these gems be useful beyond 5.X.