Unreal; personal story and open to your input

*Some explicit content*

Greetings everyone,

I want to share a story with you and I will hear any input/advice on the matter.

The first day of school (in a new state) I'm sitting on the inside seat (closest to the isle) about halfway between the front and rear of the classroom. Our Professor introduces himself and asks the class where we all went for break. There's a brief silence and few people had anything to say. Professor L. makes some remark towards someone in the first row asking if they had just spent their break in California and asks them if it was 'rough.' Of course, someone else from California. You can never get away from it. Anyway, it looks to be a cute brunette girl sitting in the front. I saw one side of her face which was still partially being covered by her long, straight hair. Meh, pretty girl from California, I used to see those everyday, nbd. Professor L. says he doesn't like introducing the class itself on the first day so we're watching a movie... Fine by me.

Second class, (I have this class once a week) someone is sitting in the seat I was sitting in last class. I quickly chose a different seat, as it wasn't a problem, I usually just stick the the same seat the best I can. Moving on, I happened to have landed in a seat right next to that girl. This class period was personal introductions and an intro to the class. All good, besides nearly having a heart attack when it came time to introduce myself, but that's me. I hide it well, I think.

I've moved to a new state before, also for school. So, this wasn't exactly new except for the fact that my previous school had a military structure, so I was around my peers almost 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So when I moved to my current location it WAS different. I live by myself and I don't know a soul in the area. What to I do? Coping with this I usually just chill on vent when I have free time to talk to friends back home in CA. One of my friends is notorious for browsing this dating website looking for a good time, so, I thought I'd try it hoping to at least make a friend.

I don't message people often mostly because I'm not into the bar/club scene, or country music, or country things like shooting, "muddin", or cowboy boot wearin'. In other words, I'm not going to attempt to build a relationship with someone if I'm having an initial doubt. Makes sense, right? Eventually I came to realize that most of these websites are people looking to fuck. I understand it. We're young; some dudes just want to stick it in anything they can, and some girls just live for the moment and want to "make the most of every day" and live like there's no tomorrow. Okay, that's fine. Not my shindig, but that's fine. I say that because after a while I lose interest (and hope) in finding people to talk to, but that's not to say there weren't a few people I did. One in particular that is the reason for me writing this.

I sent her a message. We had a lot in common from what I could observe. We were from the same area, she didn't drink or smoke (I rarely drink, and never smoke), played soccer, loved animals, and was new to the state having moved here for school. Awesome, right?! Well, you might have already guessed it... I messaged her, and the next day of class, about 15-20 minutes into the class period, I realize...... It's the girl I'm sitting directly next to.

Ten thousand people, and she's not just in my class of thirty people.... She's right beside me. Initially I got a little embarrassed and slightly nervous. It only took a few minutes for me to realize how ridiculously unreal it was. I kind of felt foolish for not realizing it earlier... But, now (at that time) it was amusing to me. I couldn't stop smiling. I thought it was probably one of the funniest things to ever happen to me.

After finding that out for myself I felt like I had to send her a second message saying that I had no idea and didn't mean anything by it. Or else, I would probably be deemed biggest creep status in the history of that girls life. At least, that's what it seemed like to me.

I knew it was going to be harder to face in class if she didn't respond, and she didn't. So, now that you know the story... Uhmm, thanks for reading it (if you did). I face my fate tomorrow (Wednesday) at approximately 9 a.m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conducting View Post
    Eventually I came to realize that most of these websites are people looking to fuck. I understand it. We're young; some dudes just want to stick it in anything they can, and some girls just live for the moment and want to "make the most of every day" and live like there's no tomorrow. Okay, that's fine.
    Depends on the website. For many of the dating sites out there, you couldn't be farther from the truth.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

So do you still like this girl after all this? You never mentioned that at the end. If so talk to her if not don't sit next to her.

So if you figured it out and it seems it was pretty obvious, what are the chances of her realizing it as well? From the sounds of it you are interested in her, so you should definitely come clean.

That is unreal. Let us know what happens tomorrow.

Deleted
    Honestly, just talk to her, what's the worst that can happen?

Overall great story, enjoyed it very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Somehow missed the last part completely.

That is seriously unreal, and I wish you the best of luck. Just take it chill =)
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2013-02-13 at 01:52 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Dammit, it's like watching "insert show that airs weekly here." I can't wait for the outcome.

This is the story that you will tell at your wedding and when your kids ask how you met. Unreal!! Congrats! Hope she likes you!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfur View Post
    So if you figured it out and it seems it was pretty obvious, what are the chances of her realizing it as well? From the sounds of it you are interested in her, so you should definitely come clean.
    I never mentioned the contents of the second message, which read something like this: "I honestly didn't realize that we sit directly next to each other in class, and I feel like a fool for not realizing it earlier. It's a little unreal, but, I didn't mean anything by it, and for that I apologize."

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 08:07 PM ----------

Thank you everyone for responding. I'll be sure to finish the story tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Depends on the website. For many of the dating sites out there, you couldn't be farther from the truth.
    I'm sure, and I mean that sincerely. Unfortunately my bitter self has experienced otherwise.

Just keep it cool and I would make fun of the situation. Seriously, what are the chances someone you messaged online sits next to you in class? Just go slow and you have lots of topics to talk about: California, School, Your same set of interests, etc.

Good luck.