cyberpowerpc reviews please.

i have a few builds im looking at on both cyberpower and ibuypower.
    it seems for less than the price of the ibuypower pc i can get the same specs on a cyberpower one os installed too. ive bought through ibuypower before and know they are good.im wondering if anyone has gotten a comp from cyberpower and what their review of service and condition of the computer when they got it and if there was any trouble with it.

the few reviews ive seen seem to be negative.

anyone with a good experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it seems for less than the price of the ibuypower pc i can get the same specs on a cyberpower one os installed too. ive bought through ibuypower before and know they are good.im wondering if anyone has gotten a comp from cyberpower and what their review of service and condition of the computer when they got it and if there was any trouble with it.

All I know is that you have to be very careful about where you buy them from. Walmart sells those PCs on their website, and the version they sell might have the same pic as others you've seen elsewhere, but the Walmart version has generic parts and is usually listed a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    All I know is that you have to be very careful about where you buy them from. Walmart sells those PCs on their website, and the version they sell might have the same pic as others you've seen elsewhere, but the Walmart version has generic parts and is usually listed a bit cheaper.
    thats too bad. what about going through the cyberpowerpc website?

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post

Roomate bought a cyberpower pc last year and we drove up to pick it up. Service and condition of everything was perfect, no issues at all. Whatever parts you pick on their site is what you get installed. You just have to keep an eye out for deals and google any promo codes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a machine from them about 5 years ago. I had an issues with the water cooler a few months months after I got it. Their customer service was really good and they shipped me out a new cooler (I opted to install it myself since it's easy). Other than that, it ran strong for a long time. I only recently decided to gut the case and build a new machine out of boredom.

They're both owned by the same company. Shouldn't matter one way or the other.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a pc a few years ago from Cyberpower and it was great no issues. I have since replaced most of the innards myself. BUT my sister in law bought one from cyberpower and had issues. When she called them and said it would not boot up they had her send it back, told her it worked fine, and shipped it back. When it arrived it STILL would not boot up. She fought with them for 2 weeks to get her money back. After she battled with their terrible customer service, she finally got her money back and went to Frys.

When I was looking around for a new PC to custom make (since I'm in Hawaii and shipping/putting together a PC isn't something I wanted to deal with), I checked out cyberpowerpc. I read a ton of negative reviews about it though, yet got a ton of information about what usually causes a PC to break down from all of that. I took the plunge and made a PC through the website, and making sure all the parts I got for stuff all had good reviews (power supply/memory failing/motherboard problems seemed to be the biggest complains I saw so I made sure to splurge on those).

I waited outside and made sure the UPS guy didn't throw my shit around lol. My PC arrived with no problems at all. It's been a year and it's still running as well as ever.

I don't know if it's hit or miss with these guys, but personally, I'm completely satisfied.

Obligatory comment incoming.

You will always save money building PC's yourself, it's actually a very simple process. The only equipment really needed is a precision screwdriver set which you can find at a dollar store or somewhere else equally as cheap. You can find tons of updated guides online such as the one located in the sticky post found at the top of this forum.

The hardest part when it comes to building a new PC is actually part selection. You obviously want compatible parts, or the build will have failed from the start. This is where our forum as well as others come into play, where experienced builders offer advice on part selection as per your budget, as well as where to purchase parts from.

Now as far as Cyberpower and Ibuypower, keep in mind they are out to make money. The thing that irks me about these sites is how their price scales so fast when customizing your equipment. All while using misleading commentary/titles to convince buyers into buying parts that are NOT always ideal for their situation.

Example:
    A gamer purchasing a multimedia graphics card not suitable for their desired level of gaming.
    Or the use of misleading information convince a gamer to overspend on a graphics card when they game at 1080p and could have still maxed settings with a much cheaper card.

Another thing, both sides WILL use refurbished hardware to cut corners. However they will sell you that refurbished hardware at the same price(or higher) as new hardware. Often these refurbished items come from previously built systems that were returned as faulty. That's why one of the largest complaints I've seen on behalf of both companies is mechanical hard drives outright dying in under a year. The general case being a refurbished hard drive was put in the system.

Be wary of systems that offer you a "gaming keyboard and mouse" as the performance and quality of such items are no better then a $3 keyboard/mouse from microcenter. Sure, they'll work.. and they might even have some flashy LED's but they are not going to be amazing. EDIT - Not always the case, look at brands. If it's "cyberpower" or "Ibuypower" branded, then it's cheap equipment.

All of that out of the way.
    Ibuypower has always been a bit more expensive then Cyberpower from what I have read. Both companies are capable of building perfectly good gaming rigs. I highly recommend getting a second opinion when customizing a rig from someone who is up-to-date on hardware to ensure you don't purchase the wrong type of hardware for your needs.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2013-02-11 at 06:50 AM.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

thats too bad. what about going through the cyberpowerpc website?
    As others have said, the best thing to do is to buy parts and build it yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so). It's also better go buy the parts in person so you know that they aren't getting kicked around during the shipping process. Find an outlet store that sells computer parts and price out a computer. They should have people who can help you pick compatible parts.