Thread: Valentines Day

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Valentines Day

So Thursday is Valentines Day and its my first one ever

I havent had much luck with the ladies, till i met someone a month ago and we have been going alright.

I got her a Valenties day gift, im wondering if ive gone over the top with this:

It cost me $180 - $80 for the Earings and $100 for the necklace, their 9ct i think

Do you think she will like it?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I don't know how to tell you this. So I'm just going to say it.

Those earrings are ugly. Necklace looks okay.

Maybe I'm biased but my step dad bought my Mom like a thousand dollar necklace of diamonds or something. But that was like after their marriage or some shit. I guess your thing is okay considering you've known her for a month, but in my eyes they just look tacky compared to real jewelery, or maybe that's just my particular taste.

Good luck though, it seems nice.

$180 and you've only been with her a month? That's a bit over the top in my opinion.

Just buy her a bouquet of roses, and take her out to a fancy restaurant, or better yet, make her dinner.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-02-13 at 12:05 AM.

Wow... Two replies so far from two ends of the spectrum. 1, your necklace is shitty because a married man got his wife a thousand dollar necklace. 2, WHoa, way too much!

Seriously though, only you know how serious your relationship is and how much she will like it. That's why you're with her ^^ Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Looks cute should do the trick.

It's the thought that counts....Really! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't know how to tell you this. So I'm just going to say it.

Those earrings are ugly. Necklace looks okay.

Maybe I'm biased but my step dad bought my Mom like a thousand dollar necklace of diamonds or something. But that was like after their marriage or some shit. I guess your thing is okay considering you've known her for a month, but in my eyes they just look tacky compared to real jewelery, or maybe that's just my particular taste.

Good luck though, it seems nice.
    *COUGH* snob...

Sorry about that, i just feel that each person is entitled to there own opinion and viewpoint... But thats what yours has come across somewhat.

OT, it looks great - Maybe a bit heavy for a month of dating... But if it's already bought ect might aswell see how it flows!

Never give spend more on a gift then you are willing to write off as a loss.

I would only worry about it being gold, the style atm with the younger generation of girls is white gold/silver. I never wear gold and 90% of girls I know don't wear gold except older women.

It looks nice, remember to give it to her with a bouquet of roses and treat her to nice dinner. Good luck.

Deleted
    Just curious, what is the op getting from her? A dinner out after exchanging gifts or...

It's not over the top. 180 isn't that much for jewelry and it's a nice gift, as long as you aren't breaking the bank for this and you WANT to do this, then no it's not over the top. Roses and a nice dinner would work for a month imo, but if you wanna do extra, you're not gonna get points off.

Will she like it? Maybe? If that's her taste. Personally I would not, just cause it's kinda....I dunno. Not my preference. She'll like the gesture either way.

Best of luck! Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by Bathory; 2013-02-13 at 01:21 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a bit much considering you have only been together for a month.

Fuck it though. If you have the cash, why not!

i would resell the earings ... take her out to eat something nice , give her the neclasse = profit .

my 2 cent

edit: well you cant top this... EVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg ... not to be taken seriously i know how some poeple are ... tsssss !
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-02-13 at 01:38 AM.

And don't do the "cook her a dinner" thing, it only works with older women (and only if you're really good at it), younger ones will think you're just being cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    And don't do the "cook her a dinner" thing, it only works with older women (and only if you're really good at it), younger ones will think you're just being cheap.
    Young woman here and I wouldn't think that unless your idea of cooking is TV dinners.

It depends on the girl, truly. I don't think any of us can answer this for you. I'd be happy with card. Not all that into V Day.

So, on what you know of her, is this appropriate? Only you know that.

Otherwise, it's cute.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Will she like them? Of course she will. One month in and she's getting jewelry. There's really nothing to not like about the gesture. Personally, I think it's a bit much for one month. Just because it's Valentines Day is no reason to throw logic out the window. Would you have gotten that gift for her if it weren't Valentines Day, and you were only together one month. I'm guessing not. Anyways, best of luck. I hope she appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Young woman here and I wouldn't think that unless your idea of cooking is TV dinners.

It depends on the girl, truly. I don't think any of us can answer this for you. I'd be happy with card. Not all that into V Day.

So, on what you know of her, is this appropriate? Only you know that.

Otherwise, it's cute.
    well, thats depend on the person, of course, but I used to work with a lot of women and I can say a lot of them think that dinning in a restaurant > cooking a dinner at home, so I say dont do it unless you know she will enjoy it. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    well, thats depend on the person, of course, but I used to work with a lot of women and I can say a lot of them think that dinning in a restaurant > cooking a dinner at home, so I say dont do it unless you know she will enjoy it. :P
    Well, cooking a dinner/lunch at home does a lot better than going out IF both people participate, meaning that if both cook, it can go good places and happy places, you know? Which is much more enjoyable than going out for a fancy dinner where you would normally waste a lot of money.

Cooking just seems better, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Just curious, what is the op getting from her? A dinner out after exchanging gifts or...
    Im taking her to dinner, afterwards is open game
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch