Escaping a Sinking Ship...

I have played on Lothar Horde on US servers for two years, but it's... well... fading. I haven't had a decent raid in weeks, and.. my guild is collapsing as are many others.

I'm wanting to look for a new realm, a new guild. One with a strong Horde presence. A PvE realm (RP or not), preferably on Pacific or Mountain time.

Any serious suggestions? I'd like to do some raids, but I'm not hardcore or progressive. Just want to hit normal modes every now and then. Current guild's so bad that I'm only 4/6 MSV, 1/6 HOF.

Illidan or Malganis have a strong horde presence for PVE with 100s of guilds across both servers, ranging from all over the US.

Illidan and Malganis are PvP realms.

Exodus from Ysera?

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Illidan or Malganis have a strong horde presence for PVE with 100s of guilds across both servers, ranging from all over the US.
    Must be something to this...

Alliance guild on Ysera - Murloc Motor Boaters - just had several active members server-transfer, last week. A couple of the players said they were looking at Horde on Illidian or Malganis.

My alt was online when the leaders were handing the guild off to the new GM - in guild chat. They were telling the new GM that a lot of the top guilds would be transferring off Ysera, or losing core raiders - so the "new" MMB might be able to recruit some of the remaining good players in need of a guild.

I think the group from MMB went to Malganis.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rats always leave a sinking ship first. Somehow they just know before us humans figure it out.
    Hi

Deleted
    Illidan and Malganis are PvP realms. as some1 above me said

Well. Are there any good US realms with strong Horde presences that aren't PVP? Certainly there's other options than Illidan or Mal'Ganis....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, looking at that list, the best two PVE realms that are Horde-Majority are Zul'jin and Area 52. And Area 52 is almost completely Horde.

Anyone play on either of those realms and knows a lot about them? Is that site accurate in saying that Area 52 is 96% Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    area 52 us server pve

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    Well, looking at that list, the best two PVE realms that are Horde-Majority are Zul'jin and Area 52. And Area 52 is almost completely Horde.

Anyone play on either of those realms and knows a lot about them? Is that site accurate in saying that Area 52 is 96% Horde?
    shit its about 98% horde

10+ Year Old Account
    People leaving struggling servers doesn't help the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    area 52 us server pve

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:08 PM ----------

shit its about 98% horde
    Most servers are favoring Horde. Everyone is transferring to Horde now.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    People leaving struggling servers doesn't help the problem.
    Blizzard wont do anything about population imbalance/dead servers, so most players dont have a choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Blizzard wont do anything about population imbalance/dead servers, so most players dont have a choice
    The choices aren't attractive, but there are some choices you can make in the situation. There are situations where if every little guild merged, you could have some activity, but egos get in the way and it won't happen.

It's easier to join something established and ride on their coat tails than to help raise and build something yourself with some work and a greater effort than people are willing to put in most of the time these days. It wouldn't be easy, but some might like a challenge like that. I recently read a post on the official forums about a server that was struggling, and me being a maniac, I went ahead and rolled a character on that server. Why the hell not. Maybe one person and their friends can make a difference, and maybe they can't. Community requires real effort sometimes.

I do agree Blizzard should get involved with the servers suffering most, instead of putting some of their customers in a position where they feel they have to pay additional fees just to enjoy what everyone else is enjoying.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-02-11 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    area 52 us server pve[COLOR="red"]

shit its about 98% horde
    Area52 is a nice server in the eastern time zone. lots of pugging, good guilds to join, and owned by the horde. Not a friendly population there though.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-02-11 at 02:28 AM.

i once belonged to one of those dead servers that terrible guilds with a decent amount of disposable income would transfer over to, to take realm firsts. jumping ship to a fully populated server was probably the best decision i've made for the quality of my game life. good luck with finding a server that suits you!
    Sig by Populaire

Well. A friend of mine moved to Bleeding Hollow. #15 of US realms on the Wow Progress list, just above Area 52 and Zul'jin. She is reporting that she really likes it there. Horde-majoirty. Sadly PVP, but I can deal with that. Anyone here have good expereince with this realm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the official Realm Forum for Bleeding Hollow active?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    The choices aren't attractive, but there are some choices you can make in the situation. There are situations where if every little guild merged, you could have some activity, but egos get in the way and it won't happen.

It's easier to join something established and ride on their coat tails than to help raise and build something yourself with some work and a greater effort than people are willing to put in most of the time these days. It wouldn't be easy, but some might like a challenge like that. I recently read a post on the official forums about a server that was struggling, and me being a maniac, I went ahead and rolled a character on that server. Why the hell not. Maybe one person and their friends can make a difference, and maybe they can't. Community requires real effort sometimes.

I do agree Blizzard should get involved with the servers suffering most, instead of putting some of their customers in a position where they feel they have to pay additional fees just to enjoy what everyone else is enjoying.
    Indeed that's a great take on the situation and can potentially lead to a very tightly-knit community.

But hey, people choose what works best for them. So either way, I guess.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to a high population server if you want off a sinking ship.

Honestly go to one of the top 10% for whatever you want to do (PvP or PvE).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)