Frost DW Bloodtap Help

My main is a DW frost DK and I was browsing a recent DK thread on this forum where a really smart DK said you are not supposed to macro blood tap into your abilities and instead make its own bind for it and use it only when it you have >10 stacks of blood tap and >76 RP or >20 RP and KM procced or >8 stacks of blood tap and soul reaper is up. I understand how the rune system and runic power work I just don't understand how saving blood tap until you have greater than 10 stacks or the other situations described above is better than using blood tap right when you get 5 stacks since if you use blood right away you get runes quicker which in turn would lead to more runic power quicker which would then lead to more runes and so on.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Since you posted on the DK-US forums as well:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11030?page=1#9
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Personally I macro'd blood tap to howling blast and have no issues with it. It's really easy even with it macro'd to make sure it's always used on an unholy rune. And the less things for me to pay attention to the better.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Personally I macro'd blood tap to howling blast and have no issues with it. It's really easy even with it macro'd to make sure it's always used on an unholy rune. And the less things for me to pay attention to the better.
    There's a reason to use it on an unholy rune

Nope. That's impossible, unless you leave a death and frost rune unused. The main trick with macroed DW frost/blood tap is to only obliterate on unholy runes, never unholy runes converted to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a "Fix My DPS" thread where you can ask DPS questions:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-My-DK-DPS-MoP