Feeling Weak While Leveling

Just what the title states, actually. I have leveled up quite a few classes with heirlooms and my feral druid seems to just be incredibly weak by comparison. For example, on my warlock I would be hopping from mob to mob, taking only a few seconds for each one. But on my druid everything hits harder, and it takes so much longer just to get down a mob that's a level lower than me. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I have full heirlooms except for the ring and trinkets, and a variety of dungeon blues and quest rewards. Oh, and I'm level 52. Is there a reason why everything seems scaled differently?

Should get better on BC, it was just a bandaid scaling fix they did on MoP so people wouldn't 1 shot everything just by looking at it.
    That plus bleeds probably hit like shit without mastery.

Ferals are a pretty "invested" dps spec. You need bleeds, you need combo points, and to have a stronger opener, you need stealth. Warlocks are kind of like that too, but you can multi-dot more effectively to make up the discrepancy. Druids you really can't, at least not as effectively. You're limited by energy and combo points.

Also, when did you level your lock? Because when the MOP patch hit, all old world mobs had their health doubled, so that might be partially the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Ferals are a pretty "invested" dps spec. You need bleeds, you need combo points, and to have a stronger opener, you need stealth. Warlocks are kind of like that too, but you can multi-dot more effectively to make up the discrepancy. Druids you really can't, at least not as effectively. You're limited by energy and combo points.

Also, when did you level your lock? Because when the MOP patch hit, all old world mobs had their health doubled, so that might be partially the cause.
    feral druid is indeed the weakest dps spec. what i'm doing atm(lvl 72) is go guardian and mass pull them all and kill them. with trash and swipe. use frenzied reg for healing. if you need extra you can use cenarion ward. its goes really fast this way.

Go guardian and never look back.

Comparing it to a lock is a little unfair; I mean, locks and hunters have been widely recognized as the fastest levelers since vanilla days. Feral definitely won't level that fast even if played perfectly. That said, you can probably speed things up by multi-pulling with FF and popping CDs often. Put up SR (you do have Glyph of Savagery, right?), facepull one mob, FF another, maybe moonfire a third, Berserk, Barkskin, Rake all of them and go to town with Thrash/Swipe. SI if you get in trouble.

Or you can go Guardian and multi-pull everything, or Boomkin and play like a petless lock, which might be easier since you're used to it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpsycho View Post
    Advantage to this is that your feral heirlooms are quite good for Guardian leveling still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpsycho View Post
    Leveling as tank is very effective to begin with granted that you pull multiple mobs.
    Yes dps while leveling sucks as feral and I don't think it will be much better as balance.
    I blasted way faster through mobs on my frost mage, enhance shaman, hunter and warlock. They just have more oomph to burst targets down faster.
    Energy and combo points prevent that. Combo points are often wasted. That said the only spec I really care about is resto (balance somewhat), so I just had to suck up the slower leveling.

Well, I used warlock as an example. Since MoP hit I've leveled up a monk, warlock, rogue and priest. And none of them feel as weak as my kitty. I guess I can try out guardian.