Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I do agree with his call for a raise of the minimum wage to $9.00/hr.

I'm not prepared to debate the arguments against the minimum wage (arguments that it is economically deleterious), but, "A full time worker earning the minimum wage lives below the poverty line," is a pretty strong argument.
    Indeed it is, and I'm really liking his words on education, science, technology, and energy.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Pshhh minimum wage in Washington is already higher than $9.00

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Did he mention anything on defense / foreign policy?
    I think it just began. 30k troops out of Afghanistan by the end if the year and complete withdraw by the end if next.
    Go Hawks!!!!

Walked out to grab some food... did I hear him say he signed the NDAA?

Kind of a snoozer...

Anyone see him throw up the "smoke weed" gesture as he entered the room. Pretty awesome.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Walked out to grab some food... did I hear him say he signed the NDAA?
    That's been signed.

He said he signed a new cyber-security executive order.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    That's been signed.

He said he signed a new cyber-security executive order.
    Any links for that one?

Can you tell I don't follow politics? I mix up names too easily :B

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post

Minimum wage may go up to $9 on the bright side!
    then expect to pay a dollar more for your big mac

This just gave businesses another reason to cut hours and lay off, like Obama care didn't do enough of that

So the state of union address, is pretty much him outlining what he's done currently - and what he aims to do in his later terms?

Or am i just being derpy... I need to learn american politics... As scary as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    So the state of union address, is pretty much him outlining what he's done currently - and what he aims to do in his later terms?

Or am i just being derpy... I need to learn american politics... As scary as it is.
    Just what he plans on, really.

same garbage he's been spweing the last four years nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Really liking the tax ideas.

Yall?
    yep pilferage more from the rich so he can buy more low information voters votes with bribes consisting of free cell phones, contraception, and food stamps

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then expect to pay a dollar more for your big mac

This just gave businesses another reason to cut hours and lay off, like Obama care didn't do enough of that
    Pretty sure I still pay $1 for a double cheese burger, and my state has the highest minimum wage in the country.

What were those people chanting when he brought up gun control laws? The majority were ecstatically clapping, but the clapping was drowning out some group that was chanting something. What was that all about?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Any links for that one?

Can you tell I don't follow politics? I mix up names too easily :B
    Here it is:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...ecutive-order/
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Unless he plans on increasing spending on education, increase funding to NASA, do something sensible about the out of control military budget (unless he plans to continue the fear mongering to keep everyone scared), legalize marijuana or just stop the senseless war on drugs altogether, spend on infrastructure, has a sensible plan to cut spending, do something about the mental health issue we have, and really do something about healthcare. Then it is all just more of the same as any other president. No real change, just band-aids because they don't have guts to make changes we really need.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What were those people chanting when he brought up gun control laws? The majority were ecstatically clapping, but the clapping was drowning out some group that was chanting something. What was that all about?
    Not sure, glad he didn't go down the whole "We must ban guns" route, and instead just advocated for better control. Which, I'm in favour of (but, never outright banning).

thanks! reading time

Indeed it is, and I'm really liking his words on education, science, technology, and energy.

you mean more tax payer money going to the teachers unions so they can give it right back by contributing to democrat campaigns and more tax money to pay back his buddies in the failed green energy businesses for them contributing to his campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you mean more tax payer money going to the teachers unions so they can give it right back by contributing to democrat campaigns and more tax money to pay back his buddies in the failed green energy businesses for them contributing to his campaign
    Care to make an argument, without resorting to conspiracy theories?