Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Unless he plans on increasing spending on education, increase funding to NASA, do something sensible about the out of control military budget (unless he plans to continue the fear mongering to keep everyone scared), legalize marijuana or just stop the senseless war on drugs altogether, spend on infrastructure, has a sensible plan to cut spending, do something about the mental health issue we have, and really do something about healthcare. Then it is all just more of the same as any other president. No real change, just band-aids because they don't have guts to make changes we really need.
    Other than legalizing it and NASA, I think he said everything you asked for.
    Go Hawks!!!!

Sooooo much clapping. I can still hear it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Indeed it is, and I'm really liking his words on education, science, technology, and energy.
    Indeed! I was even impressed he gave a shout-out/acknowledgement to 3D printing as that's got serious untapped potential!
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Care to make an argument, without resorting to conspiracy theories?
    Because our government are such show offs, that instead of keeping the money while being quiet, they flaunt it as part of programs to funnel it to their 'friend'. /sarcasm
    Go Hawks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Other than legalizing it and NASA, I think he said everything you asked for.
    I don't have a tv and my satellite internet won't let me watch it live. But I would be pleasantly surprised if this is indeed the case. Legalizing marijuana will happen soon enough. the increased tax revenue is insanely hard to overlook.

Before anyone jumps at me for being Liberal or Leftist or whatever. I have traditionally sided with conservatives, but I have come to realize neither of the two major parties have our best interests in mind. They always play to an agenda. So I tossed away my party ties and started thinking about what would be best for everyone, and I just can't implicitly trust either major party now. I kinda wish Gary Johnson was elected.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2013-02-13 at 03:33 AM.

Not sure, glad he didn't go down the whole "We must ban guns" route, and instead just advocated for better control. Which, I'm in favour of (but, never outright banning).
    Well his stance (and the whole Dem side) has never been "Ban guns" ever. They've always advocated for better control.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Pretty sure I still pay $1 for a double cheese burger, and my state has the highest minimum wage in the country.

And I want you to compare the size of that cheese burger to one 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I don't have a tv and my satellite internet won't let me watch it live. But I would be pleasantly surprised if this is indeed the case. Legalizing marijuana will happen soon enough. the increased tax revenue is insanely hard to overlook.
    I don't think a man of his complexion can touch that issue. Not that I think he should care about that, but I don't think he has the fortitude to do it. Look at people in this thread talking about him giving away sell phones, how do you think they will respond to him legalizing it? Buying the drug addict and dealer vote?
    Go Hawks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Not sure what part of the world you live in but fast food has been getting bigger and bigger. If anything the $1 double cheeseburger at McDonald's was smaller 10 years ago.

...did you seriously suggest him to compare a quarter pounder from today to a quarter pounder from 10 years ago if they're the same size?

Also - do you happen to have on you either a 10-year old Fast Food burger or a Time Machine we could borrow to help make this comparison?

Yet, he still buys it. How much smaller does it have to get before people stop buying it? Not to mentions that portions have sky rocketed and giant size promotion is dead.
    Go Hawks!!!!

Care to make an argument, without resorting to conspiracy theories?
    It is quite simple just follow the money everything he has ever purposed that cost tax money eventually goes right into the pockets of his contributors

Not sure, glad he didn't go down the whole "We must ban guns" route, and instead just advocated for better control. Which, I'm in favour of (but, never outright banning).
    he was never going to ban guns. that's just fox news bull

I don't think a man of his complexion can touch that issue. Not that I think he should care about that, but I don't think he has the fortitude to do it. Look at people in this thread talking about him giving away sell phones, how do you think they will respond to him legalizing it? Buying the drug addict and dealer vote?
    LOL yeah. Some people strike me odd. it's like they want to give zero help for anyone just because someone they don't agree with might use it.

Stopping all aid is like saying let's ban cars or guns completely because someone might misuse them.
    But what about better regulation?
    That makes too much sense.

then expect to pay a dollar more for your big mac

This just gave businesses another reason to cut hours and lay off, like Obama care didn't do enough of that
    Oh the silly people that believe that it is this cut and dry. More cash being in the hands of the spending demographic also means more people buying more.
    Climate Change denialism in a nutshell.
    Ezekiel 23:20, Ezekiel 16:49-50, Mark 10:25, James 5:1-6, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 19:21, Numbers 5:11-31

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Has he ever delivered on anything he has promised?

[snip]
    Well... there was that whole "ending the war in Iraq" promise... oh, and the "redirecting troops from Iraq to Afganastan to help get Osama Bin Laden"

...but I'm thinking you were too busy blaming Clinton for 9/11 to remember small little insignificant details like that. :P

It is quite simple just follow the money everything he has ever purposed that cost tax money eventually goes right into the pockets of his contributors
    You are actually suggesting that any effort to use taxes to help Americans, is just a ploy to get their vote?
    Go Hawks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    he was never going to ban guns. that's just fox news bull
    It was never just Fox news. It could be a real concern. Giving the government too much leeway with no way to keep them in check and they will run wild. people like you give Fox too much power imo.

Rubio is shitting all over obama in the Republican response

/checks page 1...

/checks page 2...

/re-checks page 3...

....umm...nobody is talking about Cell Phones being given away. You may want to clean those glasses your wearing... I think your roomie might've played a practical joke on you and wrote "Damn Obama is giving away Cell Phones!" in very small print on the bottom of your reading glasses.