Poll: Should Garrosh Kill Thrall?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Thrall Die?

Thrall is the reason for Garrosh's power being where it is now. It would also be the final zing to get the Horde as a whole railed up against Garrosh. The Alliance as well, being Thrall helped everyone in Cata. Should Garrosh kill Thrall?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say yes if it wasn't for the fact that blizz only seems to kill off their characters not allow them to just fade into retirement, oh and they all go insane. EVERYONE blizzard kills off HAS TO go insane first... why would Thrall go insane?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

As much as every fiber of my body wants Thrall to die, Metzen will never allow it. 4.2's quest line is as close as we'll come to Thrall actually dying.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    I would say yes if it wasn't for the fact that blizz only seems to kill off their characters not allow them to just fade into retirement, oh and they all go insane. EVERYONE blizzard kills off HAS TO go insane first... why would Thrall go insane?
    Watched the Orcs give in to the old ways, watches how Garrosh destroys the Horde he worked to hard to create, watches what this war is doing to those who he'd called his friends.

Yeah, I could see why he'd just snap. Thing is, he'd just snap and break Garrosh like he broke Durnholde.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-02-13 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    Sometimes they just like to kill off characters because they don't want them anymore. Like Rhonin.

I wouldn't be opposed to Thrall dying, but I'd think it'd be during the uprising, not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Geez, why does one of these stupid threads need to pop up every month or so.

Thralls a good guy, he does good things, he isn't just a background character who tries to thrust himself into the foreground like Rhonin did. He has genuinely been good for the story in warcraft.
    And something you don't consider, without Thrall, the horde has nothing to fall back on. What, you think the other faction leaders are going to step up and have the kind of mantle he has? you think Vol'jin or Lor'themar will be able to step into those shoes? don't bloody kid yourself.

There is no other character that can replace Thrall for his standing in the story, just like there is no other character who can replace Varian. They tried to replace Thrall with another orc as warchief to shake things up, and whats the orc doing now? Oh yes, he's dragging the horde though shit.

To suggest you want Thrall to die is you outright saying you don't give a shit about the story at length, since you probably voted for turds like Garrosh in the first place.

And your excuse for disliking Thrall is because he did heroic things in cataclysm, yeah, THATS a GREAT reason to hate a character, for doing the right thing. So many amoral narcissistic opinions its not worth validating.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-02-13 at 02:42 AM.

Thrall should've died at the end of the Deathwing fight, sacrificing himself to destroy him. He has lived his purpose. What they did with his character in Cataclysm is just beyond awfull, now everyone thinks he's some kind of Demigod. And basically I wouldn't be suprised if he became one.

Sadly, he's Metzens avatar. He isn't going to let him die anytime soon. If the Blizzard writing staff decide to kill hm off, I already imagine see'ing him raging on his fellow writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO!! He is like, the main character of WoW!

He shoots! He scores!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'EL!

Deleted
    No, he cannot die. Never ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does every good guy have to die? What the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got nothing against Thrall.

It doesn't make much sense for Garrosh to kill Thrall. Lore-wise, Thrall is leaps and bounds more powerful than Garrosh is, and game-story wise, Thrall just completed his "moment in the sun" and has largely been a no-show in MoP. There's no real reason, or adequate build up, to just drop him for no reason.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This is as I say an amoral flaw in peoples subconscious when it comes to heroes in video games. Unless the character is so screwed up that they eat there own poop, people don't like heroes. These were the same people that said over and over 'OH MAN JAINA SO PASSIVE', and now look what blizzard did to her, she's a female clone of what Varian was when he was first introduced, a complete revamp of her character in the worst possible sense.

At least Thrall is true to his character in the story, he keeps his values true to his own and doesn't lose sight of it, now in 4.1 he fights to free the darkspears from there oppression of the kor'kohn. People just have bad morals and want to see heroes like Thrall die because they get off on it.

Why do so many people like Thrall anyway? He's Chris Metzen's Mary Sue, like Rhonin is to Knaak

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Good guys rarely die, it are always the evil guys that end up dead. Like in most kids movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do so many people what everyone to die in wow. Would be such a boring game if they did that.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No. Geez, why does one of these stupid threads need to pop up every month or so.

Thralls a good guy, he does good things, he isn't just a background character who tries to thrust himself into the foreground like Rhonin did. He has genuinely been good for the story in warcraft.
    And something you don't consider, without Thrall, the horde has nothing to fall back on. What, you think the other faction leaders are going to step up and have the kind of mantle he has? you think Vol'jin or Lor'themar will be able to step into those shoes? don't bloody kid yourself.

There is no other character that can replace Thrall for his standing in the story, just like there is no other character who can replace Varian. They tried to replace Thrall with another orc as warchief to shake things up, and whats the orc doing now? Oh yes, he's dragging the horde though shit.

To suggest you want Thrall to die is you outright saying you don't give a shit about the story at length, since you probably voted for turds like Garrosh in the first place.

And your excuse for disliking Thrall is because he did heroic things in cataclysm, yeah, THATS a GREAT reason to hate a character, for doing the right thing. So many amoral narcissistic opinions its not worth validating.
    So what, good characters, both in actions and writing, can't be killed off? Couldn't it be possible for Thrall's death to be a good thing for the overall story, if bad for himself? And it's not really up to you to say that nobody could "step into Thrall's shoes", that's completely up to Blizzard(obviously). And correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't been active as of late, has he? He was a central character for both sides in Cataclysm, but since then, have we heard ANYTHING of him in-game? From the Alliance side we haven't, maybe the Horde's a different story. Yes, he was a great character an instrumental to the original Warcraft story, but now...? Doesn't really seem like it in my opinion.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I want Thrall to die off as quickly as possible. I'd love it to be dramatic, tear-drawing and tragic.

I like Thrall. Honestly, I do. But Thrall is simply too powerful. Thrall has become a deus ex character; most problems we could encounter at this point will have a simple solution: Toss a Thrall at it, and the problem goes away. That's the kind of level of power the character has gotten.
    Now; Varian, being possessed by the Wolf Ancient, should pretty much reach that level as well. Here's a question: Why HASN'T Varian shown any of the powers of an Ancient? Why is he so weak (being pretty much effectively an Ancient)? Here's why: Because it would ruin the story. So basically: The entire Lo'gosh thing was a mistake. Never, EVER give a character that kind of power and keep the character. Either have them shine brightly for a short while and then die off, or don't have them shine brightly at all. There is no good explanation for Lo'gosh not to be as powerful as an ancient, other than artificial story-rigging.

So yes; Thrall has to die, or become otherwise... Removed and incapable of interfering. For the good of the story. Sometimes, characters we like must die off for the story to continue in any believable way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should Thrall have to die ?? Why can't neither die & Garrosh is just imprisioned or be forced to step down.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of green jesus. But I don't want him to die to gaarrosh, but bolvar! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    NO!! He is like, the main character of WoW!

He shoots! He scores!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'EL!
    This... Was one of THE stupidest pun i've ever seen -.-'

OT: Please don't kill off every major character... The list is going down fast O.o

Thrall should live, Garrosh should kill Aggra.

Not cuz I dislike her, but because it'd be a great plot point in Garrosh's descent into darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Thrall should live, Garrosh should kill Aggra.

Not cuz I dislike her, but because it'd be a great plot point in Garrosh's descent into darkness.
    Garrosh tried to kill a teenager, I would call that a descent into darkness :P