Poll: Should Garrosh Kill Thrall?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    I would say yes if it wasn't for the fact that blizz only seems to kill off their characters not allow them to just fade into retirement, oh and they all go insane. EVERYONE blizzard kills off HAS TO go insane first... why would Thrall go insane?
    He touched the Dragon Soul. It was said that those who touch the dragon soul can hear the whispers of the old gods. So I could see Blizz retconning that in.

Should he die? Yes, eventually if the stories sees fit. But I don't think Garrosh is the best person for the job.

But then again this is no Game of Thrones or Walking Dead, so Thrall will predictably outlast every single character on Azeroth. Or even if he doesn't, he will die a martyr saving Azeroth from some foe they had no possible hope of ever defeating.

Thrall is a good character and deserves to live. I just wish they'd stop making the story World of Thrallcraft. Metzen's little hard on for this lad is huge and grating.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what kills a franchise? Its when you kill off familiar characters and try to replace them.

When they killed off optimus prime in transformers, the outcry was so overwhelming they brought him back.

When they kill of beloved comic book heroes, and try to replace them, they never live up to the previous heroes title.

If your someone who believes the only way to progress a story is to kill all popular characters and replace them with new ones, then your a bloody idiot. This is a piss poor excuse of developing plot, hey, lets kill off all long standing characters and replace then with new ones. Yeah, they worked great when they killed Cairne and replaced with his cut and paste clone son, hes sooooo much more popular.

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off when people with such inexperience of understanding fantasy storylines thinks there only solution to just kill characters off. It degrades the story and leaves nothing good after. And your boorish excuse for killing them "I don't like them anymore" Well you obviously didn't like them to begin with and so would just sooner see the destroy degrade for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall will make the ultimate sacrifice when we are fighting Kil'Jaeden next expansion. He will give up his own life so that Azeroth can be saved from destruction and so future generations will live on.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Thrall will make the ultimate sacrifice when we are fighting Kil'Jaeden next expansion. He will give up his own life so that Azeroth can be saved from destruction and so future generations will live on.
    Just like Grom...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    Thrall is a good character and deserves to live. I just wish they'd stop making the story World of Thrallcraft. Metzen's little hard on for this lad is huge and grating.
    Thrall has had no involvement in mists all though patch 5.0, and only seen once in a quest in 5.1. no sign of him in 5.2 either. So its pretty null and void to keep saying 'Thralls in everything' when clearly your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Do you know what kills a franchise? Its when you kill off familiar characters and try to replace them.

When they killed off optimus prime in transformers, the outcry was so overwhelming they brought him back.

When they kill of beloved comic book heroes, and try to replace them, they never live up to the previous heroes title.

If your someone who believes the only way to progress a story is to kill all popular characters and replace them with new ones, then your a bloody idiot. This is a piss poor excuse of developing plot, hey, lets kill off all long standing characters and replace then with new ones. Yeah, they worked great when they killed Cairne and replaced with his cut and paste clone son, hes sooooo much more popular.

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off when people with such inexperience of understanding fantasy storylines thinks there only solution to just kill characters off. It degrades the story and leaves nothing good after. And your boorish excuse for killing them "I don't like them anymore" Well you obviously didn't like them to begin with and so would just sooner see the destroy degrade for it.
    Lol. Killing Thrall won't kill wow.

They effectively killed off Thrall when they went the comic-book route of making him nearly godly.
    I still like him, but his amount of power is still problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from an alliance player, Thrall should live. He's been one of my favorite character since I saw him when Wc3 first came out.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Thrall's death could lead to a movement within the Horde, he could become a martyr, Blizz could introduce a new character driven by Thrall's death to bring about the Horde he envisioned. The Horde needs a new character they can stand behind and grow with. Right now it feels like the Horde will fall apart with out Thrall (like it has been with Garrosh in charge) it makes the Horde feel weak. Though that's just my opinion.

I was gonna pop in and say "Yeah, because it would make Trassk SO MAD when he found out!" but then I realised Trassk was already in the thread. Hey Trassk how's it going?

I would probably say yes, that Garrosh killing Thrall in a Mak'gora would make for a great final escalation of MoP's storyline. It seems to fit as something that both characters would do (Thrall would see it as a clean opportunity to depose Garrosh while minimizing loss of life, Garrosh would be more than glad to execute Thrall as an example to people who would oppose his rule), Garrosh would probably win (he was on track to win their last bout during the WotLK precursor, IIRC), and there are thematic precedents (Cairne; it could even serve as a strong way to throw Thunder Bluff into open revolt if he were to poison his blade in the same way Magatha poisoned his).

Whether they would or will do it is another thing. Blizzard seems to have gotten a little better at keeping Thrall from stuffing his big green nose into everything, so I don't really have strong feelings one way or another provided they keep him from sticking his fingers into too many pies.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thralls death would be nothing more then a move to satisfy the lame griefers of this game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    They effectively killed off Thrall when they went the comic-book route of making him nearly godly.
    I still like him, but his amount of power is still problematic.
    I don't know where you've been for the last 10 years but warcraft has always been a comic book themed fantasy, hell, the developers tell you they are comic book fans.

Deleted
    Thrall must live so he can kill Aggra.

Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Lol. Killing Thrall won't kill wow.
    What good did it do killing Cairne? You want to tell me that?

They killed off Cairne for shock value, and nothing came from it, just his son stepping in to replace him, and then he does nothing else. Even lor'themar is more recognised then Baine is now.

Killing long standing characters off for the sake of shock value will always be a piss poor excuse to stir things up.

Thrall has no influence on the world around him and abandoned his people so that dragons could stand to lose more than he ever imagined despite painting himself as the protagonist.

There is no drama- or plot-related reason for him to should die, especially now that the story makes no stake in his life.

And That's exactly what Metzen wants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

I don't know where you've been for the last 10 years but warcraft has always been a comic book themed fantasy, hell, the developers tell you they are comic book fans.
    And that serves the quality of the story... How?
    It doesn't. It's preposterously poor story-telling without regards to causality. If your audience will, at any problem in your story, just go 'Hang on; couldn't you just have Superduperhero come in and save the day because they're superduperpowerful?' then you know you don't have a compelling or interesting story to tell. Furthermore, you're breaking any kind of immersion by believability, relying instead on the Mary Sue method of making your audience want to be the hero because the hero is cool, yo, and the audience is not.

One way to solve this? Kill off Superduperhero so that Superduperhero cannot save the day on account of being dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Thrall has no influence on the world around him and abandoned his people so that dragons could stand to lose more than he ever imagined despite painting himself as the protagonist.

There is no drama- or plot-related reason for him to should die, especially now that the story makes no stake in his life.

And That's exactly what Metzen wants. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
    The mary sue card has always been a load of horsecrap and just another buzz word overused by people with a vague understanding of the plot.

To anyone using it, you could argue any hero in the forefront of a fantasy is a mary sue because they do something heroic. You don't care when someone lists such characters flaws, all you care is because the character is in the foreground for a time that must mean he's a sue. Poor logic from a degenerate community with bad taste.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    And that serves the quality of the story... How?
    It doesn't. It's preposterously poor story-telling without regards to causality. If your audience will, at any problem in your story, just go 'Hang on; couldn't you just have Superduperhero come in and save the day because they're superduperpowerful?' then you know you don't have a compelling or interesting story to tell. Furthermore, you're breaking any kind of immersion by believability, relying instead on the Mary Sue method of making your audience want to be the hero because the hero is cool, yo, and the audience is not.

One way to solve this? Kill off Superduperhero so that Superduperhero cannot save the day on account of being dead.
    You just served my point here. Yet despite whining about the accomplishments of the hero character you decide to keep reading the comic or watching the cartoon or playing the game? Seems to suggest you have the flaws in this.

this is a fantasy world, there are heroic characters who do remarkable things, but thats just not good enough for you is it?

Thrall should die just to piss off Trassk.

Vol'jin should die too. Why? Because he should.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15