Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Run for the hills!!!!

Deleted
    Theres something wrong in the current schedule.

5.2 hits(whenever hits im not gonna enter that discussion).You got 3000 VP.You cant expend that valor on nothing since you need Shado Assault rep so options(not exclusive):

A) You are a non-raider.First Segment is not opened yet.You cant spend valor...for all that is worth getting to the patch with 2000VP or 3000VP is the same thing since you cant spend it till next week(and the next week all the VP you gain is still wasted till you get shado rep).
    B) You a are raider.All the valor from killing bosses is wasted till you get shado rep.
    C) People start the reputation at neutral without even setting foot on ToT (LFR not opened) and you can buy the ring (rep needed neutral).

(Im not considering KirinTor-Sunreaver 496 valor gear).

Anyone got infor on this? How is the shadopan assault rep handled? Should we aim to 3k valor on cap or 2k is enough?
    I really hope C).

10+ Year Old Account
    ANd here we go, exactly proving the reason why Blizzard is reluctant to give out dates. The only thing they said is that they AIM for the last week of February, that is not the same as an actual release date, but something they AIM for.... a lot can happen that causes this date to shift.

And still they could even make the PVP statement tomorrow or so and then the announcement would be a little under two weeks from the patch or it will be first week of March. Whatever, it'll be out when it's out.

Just do what you can or feel you need to do to the best of your abilities and stop guessing is my advice. If the shit really hits the fan and they run into some major issues perhaps they have to postpone it a week or two anyway...

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Theres something wrong in the current schedule.

5.2 hits(whenever hits im not gonna enter that discussion).You got 3000 VP.You cant expend that valor on nothing since you need Shado Assault rep so options(not exclusive):

A) You are a non-raider.First Segment is not opened yet.You cant spend valor...for all that is worth getting to the patch with 2000VP or 3000VP is the same thing since you cant spend it till next week(and the next week all the VP you gain is still wasted till you get shado rep).
    B) You a are raider.All the valor from killing bosses is wasted till you get shado rep.
    C) People start the reputation at neutral without even setting foot on ToT (LFR not opened) and you can buy the ring (rep needed neutral).

(Im not considering KirinTor-Sunreaver 496 valor gear).

Anyone got infor on this? How is the shadopan assault rep handled? Should we aim to 3k valor on cap or 2k is enough?
    I really hope C).
    I agree it seems crappy, but still I think it's better than the alternative of downgrading VP to JP. This way you'll at least have a full stack of VP anyway once you hit the right rep level and can buy a few items straight away...
    Yes you don't get more VP from the bosses etc. but all in all that's not really too bad. Because if you really have no use for any of the other gear, you're probably geared enough to go through normals fast enough to gear up with regular loot and bonus rolls.

I support this decision really, it's better than removing 3k of VP from people that still want to buy gear but can't because they haven't acquired the faction rep at that moment. Would be more sucky being 500 points away from revered and having 3k VP and then 'poof' 5.2 hits, you lose the VP and hit revered with no points to spend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    The 522 Neck is @ Neutral also. Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ue-Posts-Video
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

...so, what gear I will be able to get within first week?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    ...so, what gear I will be able to get within first week?
    Neck at neutral, trinket/bracers/ring at friendly. Possibly honored gear (gloves/cape/legs) if you can hit the ground running in normal modes, and also of course depending on how much rep you get per boss
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Cool, thanks. Was wondering if I should aim for having 3k at the start of 5.2 or I should spend them on upgrades as I will need rep anyway.

You should reach Friendly quickly if you raid normal mode and LFR. Im aiming for 3k.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Phew. Got a bit more time to get some more gear, along with completing the first, and starting the second stage of the Legendary Chain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah, so it'll be released on Feb 26th. Cool.
    Please post more idiotic replies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Not sure whether I am misunderstanding your post or you have it wrong, but I will clarify:

If you have 0 Valor Points today, you still have time to cap Valor at 3000 before 5.2 releases. That means there are at least 3 weeks until 5.2.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11142?page=1#1
    You understand it perfectly fine. GP is just wishful thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    They stated on blizzard web site with this info...."Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February."....that doesn't mean it will happen in February....its just a info piece to keep you running on your heels....its just a targeting info....not a set date....

Deleted
    i hope patch hits 2. march week

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    You should reach Friendly quickly if you raid normal mode and LFR. Im aiming for 3k.
    I read somewhere that rep will only come from the first boss kill of the week, no matter what difficulty