Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    goddamnit, and I just spent my saved 3k yesterday on upgrades, since I don't need that useless justice, now I will have to grind them again...ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you spend it on upgrades, you now obtained ilevel stuff you will no longer be able to it's worth it for several slots.

So first we find out we only have 2 weeks to doll ourselves up for the next patch and now we find out all this valor we've been spending as fast as we can isn't getting converted into justice? Somebody help me sandpaper my face.

Deleted
    That is great news for me!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. And nice. Quite a big gear-up boost for non-heroic raiders. And for alts especially.

If this is 100% true it means we have at least 4 weeks until 5.2.

If i were capped and spent my points earlier today before this post, and were now at 0 valor as of the post, it would take 4 raid weeks to get valor capped from now. Even if they aren't counting today (which would be quite an oversight) it still means we have at least 3 weeks.

Deleted
    well so that i didnt valor cap was actually a waste now? fuck

Deleted
    too bad with only 2 weeks prio to knowing it we cant even cap anymore, well played

Quote Originally Posted by Kunay View Post
    too bad with only 2 weeks prio to knowing it we cant even cap anymore, well played
    Im just gonna assume that reading isnt your strong suit and copy and paste this from the blue post.

"If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)"

The end of Feb. date was tentative. Shit changes. Its no longer the end of Feb and most likely the first week of March.

Deleted
    For gods sake, and i used up my valor for nothing then-

Blizzard: One more week for 5.2, Plan accomplished.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who considers this to be extremely stupid and annoying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Valor reset with a 3K cap in place wouldn't have made sense anyway.

Great move by Blizzard. You SHOULD be spending your valor on upgrades anyway for the best edge going in to progression, and now that everyone has done that, they can easily cap out the rest before the patch drops.

The timing on this worked out perfectly honestly. People just suck at interpreting the situation and looking at the entire picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    They've lost 500k since MoP came out, not 3m.

Also, first people say "listen to us!" and then when Blizzard listens to them they say "oh look, they're just doing whatever they are told!".

I'm 100% sure Blizzard thinks through changes and does what THEY think is best. It might not be the best choice there is, so Blizzard takes feedback and improves it. Quit trying to bash Blizzard every option you get, it gets tiresome.

Also, the change isn't as big as people think. It's not like people will be able to spend their valor for a few weeks on the new gear anyways. Starting with 0 valor now or at the start of the patch doesn't change anything except not getting any valor for a few weeks until you can spend what you have capped.
    kiss ass much? Blizzard is great but lets be honest there is also logic and all MoP is is dailies and more dailies and less actual content. I only now logon to do Raid and cap vp, otherwise i'm on GW2. now considering the thoughtful process to Combat rogues it mean i am now cancelling my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    For gods sake, and i used up my valor for nothing then-
    For nothing?
    You mean that staying capped for 3-4 weeks until 5.2 release would be better?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Whats the point of capping 3k valor before 5.2?

Will you able to spend them on something on the first week? No, because you will need to farm rep from raiding.

This means that on the first week of 5.2 you will waste 1k valor.

I think you should cap with 1,5k valor, the rest you should use on upgrades.

nice change but I don't play anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post

Will you able to spend them on something on the first week? No, because you will need to farm rep from raiding.

Again, the Shado-Pan Assault reputation necklaces only require Neutral reputation, not to mention that current valor items will be reduced by 50% cost, which allows people to more easily buy some slots that they've been unlucky with.

So yes, as soon as you can get to the quartermaster, you can immediately buy the neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post

There are ilvl 522 neck pieces available at Neutral with the Shado-Pan Assault.