1. #1

    Need Help With Case Fans

    Looking to replace the case fans on this case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=) They are loud and I know where to get fans but I'm looking for the least expensive but most quiet fans out there.

    It has a 6 fan capacity and came with one rear fan at 120mm I don't know if they are all that size so if someone could tell me that, and where to find near silent fans I'd appreciate it.

  2. #2
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/article63-page2.html

    Excellent list of fans if you are looking for some quiet ones.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  3. #3
    Is there an easy way to find out what all the fan measurements are? There is 2 side mount, 2 top, 1 front, and 1 rear.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
    Is there an easy way to find out what all the fan measurements are? There is 2 side mount, 2 top, 1 front, and 1 rear.
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/gamma
    FRONT, 1 x 120mm

    SIDE, 2 x 120mm

    TOP, 2 x 140/120mm
    REAR, 1 x 120mm, 23db/42CFM (included)
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  5. #5
    Ah I feel a bit silly now lol but thank you. I had looked at neweggs specs didn't think to look at NZXT directly. So will support 6 120mm? I will probably get 4 for now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanG01 View Post
    Ah I feel a bit silly now lol but thank you. I had looked at neweggs specs didn't think to look at NZXT directly. So will support 6 120mm? I will probably get 4 for now.
    Yes 6x 120mm or 4x 120mm and 2x 140mm.

    Keep in mind that the CPU cooler clearance will be smaller if you put in fans in the side.

    CPU COOLER CLEARANCE
    143.5mm (with fan)
    168.5mm (without fan)
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Yes 6x 120mm or 4x 120mm and 2x 140mm.

    Keep in mind that the CPU cooler clearance will be smaller if you put in fans in the side.
    I'm buying 3 of them, changing out the rear mounted fan for a Noiseblocker M12-S2, putting 2x Noiseblocker M12-S2 on the top of the case, and the stock fan at the front.

    A second question though my stock fan (having just taken it out) seems to be able to be mounted either way to the case? (pulling air in/pushing air out) is there a particular way it is supposed to be oriented? It's not obvious from the structure of the fan (usually the plastic run in which the wires lay is exposed toward the inside and not toward the outside or something) So pulling air in or pushing it out?

    Also to make sense, my stock fan isn't very loud. I had 2 left over fans from a pc I purchased for 50$ off a friend that case had 6 fans and didn't need them all so I took 2 and mounted 1 at the front and 1 at the top of my existing case and those are the ones that are obscenely loud.
    Last edited by SpartanG01; 2013-02-12 at 05:12 PM.

  8. #8
    It should pull air in to the case if you put it in the front. The side of the fan where the frame is attached to the motor is the side the air will be pushed towards.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It should pull air in to the case if you put it in the front. The side of the fan where the frame is attached to the motor is the side the air will be pushed towards.
    That's how I thought it was on before I just couldn't remember lol my other two fans are obvious and the threading won't allow them to be attached backwards.

  10. #10
    Noiseblocker fans are really the sweetest silent fans you can get. They have good performance, they're dead silent and they look really good. Beats the Noctua on price/looks as well as comparing similarily. I would recommend them in all sizes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Noiseblocker fans are really the sweetest silent fans you can get. They have good performance, they're dead silent and they look really good. Beats the Noctua on price/looks as well as comparing similarily. I would recommend them in all sizes.
    I plan to replace them all, I just can't afford it at the moment.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Noone mentioning BeQuiet fans? They're top notch.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Noone mentioning BeQuiet fans? They're top notch.
    I used them alot before I switched to NB. Had some home improvement work and got dust in the BeQuiet fans and the bearings went. I love them but have a hard time buying them as they costed more than NB which I personally think is a bit quieter.

  14. #14
    The Patient jholdaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    296
    I've heard and read that Yate Loon fans are pretty decent. No personal experience yet but I should be getting some in the mail in a few days.

  15. #15
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, Califorina
    Posts
    121
    On my latest build I've went with all Cougar fans, best I've used so far over the others I had prior & extremely quiet & push out alot of air, got them really cheap to.

  16. #16
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    I've heard and read that Yate Loon fans are pretty decent. No personal experience yet but I should be getting some in the mail in a few days.
    I have 2 140mm YL fans. Been running for about 18months no issues. Bearings are slightly audible (double ball bearing), but atleast they're solid and don't grind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •