Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Askmrrobot putting me at around 9% expertise

currently, askmrrobot is putting my hunter at around 9% expertise, looking at all my reforges i know it needs to be around 7.5% so im not sure why its doing this,

if anybody can help me my character's name is Aphrohunta under tichondrius horde side server. Any input would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use AMR its complete shit, and has been since Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Don't use AMR its complete shit, and has been since Cata.
    what do you suggest i use them as a way for better optimization of my stats?

reforge lite is a pretty amazing addon

Though I agree AMR isn't the best solution atm I believe you are reading it wrong as it's showing me that you are way over the cap and need to drop at least 600 expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya i know it needs to drop over 600 expertise but there is nothing showing about me changing specific items to drop that expertise. its weird

it clearly shows that you should change out your (600) EXP cogwheel-gem in Deadly Retinal Armor.

and AMR is not shit its really good now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    it clearly shows that you should change out your (600) EXP cogwheel-gem in Deadly Retinal Armor.

and AMR is not shit its really good now.
    THATS what it is. thanks! i just didnt see the change that i needed to do. Thanks again QuizTIC

Darkrulerxxx,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to let you know you aren't the first person to miss those cogwheels. When there are 3 stacked next to each other the highlight is a bit subtle. The best thing to do is click on the shopping list tab (right by the stats tab) and you'll see what Mr. Robot is asking you to change. Meanwhile, we're thinking of a way to make the highlight more obvious.

PS. Mr. Robot wants me to officially state that he thinks his site is awesome and doesn't suck. And if you thinks it sucks, he would like to know why
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    THATS what it is. thanks! i just didnt see the change that i needed to do. Thanks again QuizTIC
    you're welcome glad I could help :>

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Darkrulerxxx,
    I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to let you know you aren't the first person to miss those cogwheels. When there are 3 stacked next to each other the highlight is a bit subtle. The best thing to do is click on the shopping list tab (right by the stats tab) and you'll see what Mr. Robot is asking you to change. Meanwhile, we're thinking of a way to make the highlight more obvious.

PS. Mr. Robot wants me to officially state that he thinks his site is awesome and doesn't suck. And if you thinks it sucks, he would like to know why
    I'll tell you what I think. Even after I change the stat weights to show crit > mastery > haste for SV/BM the BiS listing is off/weird suggesting Ranger's Chain of Unending Summer over Shadowgrip girdle. Ranger's chain has expertise/haste and less agi than the shadowgrip girdle which has crit/haste. For some reason it's telling me not to take the 4 piece bonus for BM and SV and to take a chest with unwanted stats (hit/haste). So imo that needs some fixing. Mr robot's gemming is awkward. Sometimes when I click my gear gems with expertise pop up in the slots of suggested gear and for some reason mr robot wants to match the socket bonuses of a few items that reward only 60 haste and in some odd cases a purple gem in a red slot. Which doesn't make sense. Also I dislike the reforges suggested with the force hit/exp caps checked and unchecked. Wowreforge provides much better reforges. I'll demonstrate here:

Let's say I were to acquire an upgrade. The 509 choker of unleashed storm
    Accounting for my item upgrades and using the same stat weights.
    I just changed the stat weights a bit.
    Crit: 1.6
    Haste: 1.31
    Mastery: 1.4
    Wowreforge:
    Crit: 7592
    exp: 2212
    haste: 1680
    hit: 2556
    mastery: 4054

mr robot
    crit: 7354
    exp:2215
    haste:1680
    hit: 2554
    mastery: 4294

Trading 238 crit for 240 mastery is bad even by the stat weight's numbers. Using AMR's stat weights
    238 crit * 1.6 = 380.8
    240 mastery * 1.4 = 333.2

Now with another item (taking away my previous "upgrade"):

Let's say I get the 509 monstrous stompers (i had to lock my gem slots because it's telling me to gem agi/hit in my belt when I'm not even getting the stat bonus and it wants me to put agi/hit in my gun and in my pants. This is where I get annoyed because AGI is super important and gemming that way isn't optimal)

wowreforge
    crit: 6878
    exp: 2213
    haste: 2444
    hit: 2552
    mastery: 4192

AMR
    crit: 5978
    exp: 2377
    haste: 2992
    hit: 2713
    mastery: 4223

Great! 31 mastery and 548 haste at the cost of 900 crit. How does this even happen? Even if you guys suggest that (what I think is) unoptimal gemming is the way I'm supposed to gem and I lock only the gemming and not the reforges, the reforges shouldn't be this messed up.

I think you get the point. I feel that some of the gems suggested are wrong (i.e agi/hit gems in a RED socket), Mr. robot is suggesting unoptimal reforges (as shown above) and the BiS listings are a bit off. Overall it appears that Mr. robot needs a tune up.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason for weird gems and reforges is value of expertise/hit. If it's above half of agi value, it would make sense to use purple gems.
    And the default value of hit/expertise on Askmrrobot is a lot above half of agi.
    Some femaledwarf simulation shows me (with my gear) hit and expertise being juuust below half of agi (like, 49.9%), which means that pure agi gem is almost equal to pure expertise gem or agi/hit gem. With some other gear it might be just over half, I'm not sure.

That is also reason for 2nd reforge (you are under exp cap, so it gives also 160 exp), but doesn't really explain the first one.
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-02-13 at 11:12 AM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    AskMrRobot does what you tell it to do, optimally.
    You told it to give you 9% expertise, so it gives you 9% expertise.

AskMrRobot works based on what you tell it, entirely. Therefore the tool is often considered obsolete, since ReforgeLite does the same, but then in-game and more easily imo. It happens often though, that people seem to consider AskMrRobot the way to go, unedited, which is simply wrong.

Deleted
    AskMrRobot worked fine and gave me the exact same suggestions as WowReforge until roughly 497 item level. From there on out it started giving weird and in my eyes incorrect reforges and gem suggestions pretty much like Tehstool explained. The error may very well be on my part but I can't for my life figure out what the problem is. Hence why I've since then switched over to WowReforge.

Wowreforge has proven to work better for me time and again with the same inputs. It could be a little more user-friendly (e.g., having to put in upgrades manually gets old), but it's amazing.

right now AMR gives me the same thing as WoWReforge, however if it hit "BiS" it wants me to be udner hit cap, sorry but it is never ok to be under the hit cap, that one time you miss you could end up losing hundreds of thousands of damage. Its not "OK" to not be 100% capped.

there is an option on there called force hit/exp caps if you want it to give you an optimized build with those parameters
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason it has you under/over caps is because reforging for those probably leads you to losing a good amount of your best stat, etc. Being slightlyunder hit cap is OKAY.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...l/Deviltheory/
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
    http://www.twitch.tv/seanmphoward / http://www.youtube.com/user/ASoulByondRepair/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Sentientsix View Post
    The reason it has you under/over caps is because reforging for those probably leads you to losing a good amount of your best stat, etc. Being slightlyunder hit cap is OKAY.

and the debate begins!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentientsix View Post
    On a statistical perspective it sure is. But when you raid with 7.49% hit chance and you miss that one cobra shot with 2 secs remaining on SrS you wish you went over the cap, I assure you. :P