Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Eh, honestly I am kind of glad that it is console exclusive. Shooters on PC often end up having jerky player animations and what not. I assume because of the mouse sensitivity. It really jacks with my ability to be able to aim for beans because I play too much off of those visual cues versus the invisible hit-box around them. Put the same game on a console, even without aim-assist, no problem for me. I can go all day. It's because player animations are more natural and tend to follow their hit boxes appropriately.

Plus I know it'll be well-optimized for my system. I won't get super-hyped for this game, get it, and despite having a beast of a machine it runs questionably due to this or that issue. There is plenty of reasons to appreciate a console versus merely its exclusive offerings. That said, I still love my PC I've just gradually found shooters to be more and more undesirable on it is all.
    How would a PC client that's segregated from the console versions in any way impact you, though? I mean, you don't have to play it, you can just stick to playing Destiny on whatever console you choose. I'm not seeing the logic behind what you're saying.

Deleted
    serioussly guys just stop, This constant PC vs consoles fight making me sick.

Back to the topic. I just watched livestream of beta with Deej on IGN. Looks like we are yet again level capped at 8, but this time we are going to start from begining, with opening cinematic and all. There's even a chance that our beta progress will be saved for release.
    oh yeah and they changed Ghost voice, it's heavily robotic now, much better imo.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-07-16 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    To avoid piracy, private servers, hacks, botters and, hell why not, PC players aren't as many as console players so fuck the pc market. In addition to whatever shady interests they have on promoting their console. Also additional costs with having PC market servers cause you really can't make people with console controllers play against players with kb and mouse as the console controller is a lot slower to aim in an fps than the mouse and the console players would be at a serious disadvantage.

They just don't see all that being worth the additional expenses.
    How do you pirate a multiplayer only game? As for hackers and botters, of course they'll exist...However, I don't find them in many numbers other than in Crysis games.

You underestimate PC gaming in terms of sales and numbers. Of course there isn't as much as console players, but PC gaming is still profitable, and easier to develop on. Yeah...Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy 7/8, and most likely Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance had successful sales upon PC release...Yes, PC gaming is a "waste of money".

And of course, the support of seclusion in gaming. When it comes to the console market, we can only play one way - on the couch with a controller. I can't play on my desk with my mouse and keyboard if I wanted to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    How do you pirate a multiplayer only game? As for hackers and botters, of course they'll exist...However, I don't find them in many numbers other than in Crysis games.

You underestimate PC gaming in terms of sales and numbers. Of course there isn't as much as console players, but PC gaming is still profitable, and easier to develop on. Yeah...Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy 7/8, and most likely Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance had successful sales upon PC release...Yes, PC gaming is a "waste of money".

And of course, the support of seclusion in gaming. When it comes to the console market, we can only play one way - on the couch with a controller. I can't play on my desk with my mouse and keyboard if I wanted to.
    1. You pirate a multiplayer game and play it only on private servers. Most of the WoW copies used to play on private servers (if not all) are pirated copies. And trust me on the hackers and botters part. By hacking I mean terrain hacking, speed hacking, duping items, etc by altering the game client on your machine... Hackers and botters are especially prolific in MMO games if the GMs are lax or too few and/or the game has no protections against this. I remember ESO, it was a bot fest until Zenimax REALLY cracked down on them sending tons of GMs in the game to ban the bot trains left and right.

As far as I'm aware, you can't really hack and bot on consoles... I may be stupidly wrong, though.

2. Skyrim only had 14% of sales on PC, the rest were on consoles. At this point I can understand game developers catering to the console market wherever possible. I mean if a huge game like Skyrim only sells 14% of copies on the PC market, it's just really bad and I'm not sure it's even worth it to consider the PC market as being interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

2. Skyrim only had 14% of sales on PC, the rest were on consoles. At this point I can understand game developers catering to the console market wherever possible. I mean if a huge game like Skyrim only sells 14% of copies on the PC market, it's just really bad and I'm not sure it's even worth it to consider the PC market as being interesting.
    if only there was a way to download mods to console versions, this game is so much better on PC because of it.

1. Yes, WoW has private servers, yet WoW is still the most successful MMO to date. You're making it sound like WoW has financially failed because of private servers...If anything, you should be more worried about used copies. Used copies are far more threatening than piracy will ever be. I know what you mean by hacking and botting. What i'm saying is that it's not as rampant as you think it is. MMOs often have problems with bots, and I've seen games that were infested with hacks. But playing multiplayer games nowadays - ranging from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Natural Selection 2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Battlefield I've encountered very minimal hackers. Come to think of it, I've only encountered 1 hacker from Chivalry.

2. You're looking at percentage over the profits. You should actually do the math. 3,400,000 copies were sold in the first week, and 14% of them were PC. If you do the math with the game launching at $60, that's essentially over $28,000,000...Yet, you're saying this isn't a profit. I really wonder how people like you are coming to a conclusion that % = profits...As for what makes the PC market interesting, it's an open platform. If you look at games like Payday 2, patches are far more frequent on PC than it is on consoles. And I believe that there's a price to update your game on consoles from what I've heard. And there is the modding community, which has always been pretty revered within the gaming industry.
    Last edited by Dudemanguy; 2014-07-16 at 08:53 PM. Reason: forgot to mention starting price

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How would a PC client that's segregated from the console versions in any way impact you, though? I mean, you don't have to play it, you can just stick to playing Destiny on whatever console you choose. I'm not seeing the logic behind what you're saying.
    Because chances are it wouldn't be segregated from the PS4. There's little holding that back unlike the Xbox's policies. It'd be purely based on the developer's decision in that case.

But if it is segregated, then I guess I really don't have an issue with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, of all my years playing PC shooters - From Tribes 2, CS, Quake III Arena, etc...I've never noticed jerky player animations, other than fast turning and whatnot. You're glad that it's console exclusive because of this reason? A lot of us are already secluded from playing shooters on consoles due to FOV issues and limited to controllers. Why would you care if it's on PC if you're going to get the console version anyways? If you've asked me, ever since controller support, the skill-gap for FPS has lowered by a large margin.

I accept consoles for exclusives. I love Mario and Zelda, so I'd buy a Nintendo console. I loved Demon's Souls, I loved my PS3. But for certain genres - like shooters, and not having the availability to play with mouse and keyboard, I know I won't be able to enjoy the game so count me out. In fact, Destiny is multi-platform. It makes no sense to avoid a PC release.
    Quake was too fast-paced for it to matter. Played that too. Unreal Tournament as well.

As for Counter-Strike? Well, I was too busy popping heads for any amount of animation to matter. For some reason I got wicked good at one-shotting people on sight, even entire teams. However, Counter-Strike was also that rare breed of game where aim was absolute king.

Battlefield however, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, and so on... distinctly problematic for me on the PC. Where as animations on the consoles might transition smoothly, on the PC they looked more jerky, frantic, very unnatural because the M/KB setup is much more sensitive and reactive to every gesture of the hand and fingers. It makes it hard for me to keep a bead on my targets because I'm basically trying to keep up with super-humans who's hit-boxes fall even behind.

Where as on the consoles, they looked and acted more like proper human targets. It FEELS better as a result. Albeit it could also be shitty netcoding. That seems to be more and more of a common issue with cross-platform shooters as of late. Definitely in Battlefield 4's case.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-07-16 at 10:01 PM.

Quake was too fast-paced for it to matter. Played that too. Unreal Tournament as well.

As for Counter-Strike? Well, I was too busy popping heads for any amount of animation to matter. For some reason I got wicked good at one-shotting people on sight, even entire teams. However, Counter-Strike was also that rare breed of game where aim was absolute king.

Battlefield however, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, and so on... distinctly problematic for me on the PC. Where as animations on the consoles might transition smoothly, on the PC they looked more jerky, frantic, very unnatural because the M/KB setup is much more sensitive and reactive to every gesture of the hand and fingers. It makes it hard for me to keep a bead on my targets because I'm basically trying to keep up with super-humans.

Where as on the consoles, they looked and acted more like proper human targets. It FEELS better as a result.
    Of course they were fast paced, but it applies to pretty much your argument. Playing Battlefield, I've never had a problem with animations. Never really cared too much for call of duty, and never really played Rainbow Six...

The problem is, you're praising the fact that it's not on PC because you're bothered by animations on PC, yet you intend to play it on consoles. Of all my times playing on FPS on PC, I've never heard of complaints about animations. I've heard things such as people wanting to play on their couch, prefer rumble features, and etc...But I've never had any problems with any kind of animation on PC fps, and neither do many people. I don't really care about enemies acting like human...I just want an adrenaline-esque experience that gives satisfaction per kill, which is one of the reasons why I prefer games like Tribes...but that's not entirely the point. I want to play Destiny on mouse and keyboard. If I cant, I will NOT pick up the game.

Of course they were fast paced, but it applies to pretty much your argument. Playing Battlefield, I've never had a problem with animations. Never really cared too much for call of duty, and never really played Rainbow Six...

The problem is, you're praising the fact that it's not on PC because you're bothered by animations on PC, yet you intend to play it on consoles. Of all my times playing on FPS on PC, I've never heard of complaints about animations. I've heard things such as people wanting to play on their couch, prefer rumble features, and etc...But I've never had any problems with any kind of animation on PC fps, and neither do many people. I don't really care about enemies acting like human...I just want an adrenaline-esque experience that gives satisfaction per kill, which is one of the reasons why I prefer games like Tribes...but that's not entirely the point. I want to play Destiny on mouse and keyboard. If I cant, I will NOT pick up the game.

That's perfectly fine? Oo

I WILL BE picking up the game and happily so for my PS4. In fact I am playing the beta tomorrow. Just saying why I prefer shooters on the consoles lately over PC. Didn't want a full blown theoretical, philosophical discussion about who feels what on given games/genres for given systems.

You can disagree all day, cool. However, I stand by how I feel personally.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-07-16 at 10:28 PM.

I wish I could use the mouse on the console, feels much better than my controller for an FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I wish I could use the mouse on the console, feels much better than my controller for an FPS
    Not sure if the game will support it, but PS4 is mouse/keyboard compatible, think the PS3 too.

Once upon a time I felt that way. The newer generation of controllers changed my mind on the matter. Wish I could play everything with them. Unfortunately that's just not possible.

And this is coming from someone with an Orbweaver and a Naga.

Not sure if the game will support it, but PS4 is mouse/keyboard compatible, think the PS3 too.
    hmm, I'll have to look into that

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the PS3 was at least keyboard compatible, but I doubt many, if any games supported it. It was mainly used for entering information like passwords and the like.

Once upon a time I felt that way. The newer generation of controllers change my mind on that matter. Wish I could play everything with them. Unfortunately that's just not possible.

And this is coming from someone with an Orbweaver and a Naga.
    I do like the controller that came with my PS4. A mouse is just easier for me to manipulate my aim for a shooter. Perhaps with more time with the controller I'll feel a lot more comfortable with it

I do like the controller that came with my PS4. A mouse is just easier for me to manipulate my aim for a shooter. Perhaps with more time with the controller I'll feel a lot more comfortable with it
    And if developers are any indication, I believe Killzone Shadowfall released with no aim-assist and yeah... you could plant that analog right on the sweet spot.

You aren't going to let it deter you from getting the game are you? :P Got to remember this isn't a CS:S model shooter. You don't need to be like dead pin-point accurate in an instantaneous moment to be the absolute best.

You aren't going to let it deter you from getting the game are you? :P Got to remember this isn't a CS:S model shooter. You don't need to be like dead pin-point accurate to the absolute to be the best.
    I'll be getting it, just not at the moment. My game budget is all gone for this month.

I'll be getting it, just not at the moment. My game budget is all gone for this month.
    Yeah, I'm sort of short myself. Destiny, Evolve, and WoD will likely be my only grabs this year.

That's perfectly fine? Oo

I WILL BE picking up the game and happily so for my PS4. In fact I am playing the beta tomorrow. Just saying why I prefer shooters on the consoles lately over PC. Didn't want a full blown theoretical, philosophical discussion about who feels what on given games/genres for given systems.

You can disagree all day, cool. However, I stand by how I feel personally.

If you left it at that - saying you prefer shooters on consoles over PC, I wouldn't bother to reply. However...

Eh, honestly I am kind of glad that it is console exclusive.
    Writing comments like this, expect a full blown discussion.

As for on topic about PS4 being M&K compatible, only Warthunder and FFXIV: ARR support it. Killzone Shadowfall doesn't support it, and Destiny most likely won't. Destiny did support M&K, I would actually pick up a PS4 for Destiny. And the PS3 had keyboard support, but the mouse drivers were abysmal. Dust 514 was clunky, and FFXIV: ARR only supports controller for gameplay, and keyboard for typing for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently waiting for the beta to start. This game will probably be the first FPS game in a loooooooong time that i have any sort of interest in.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!