Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I honestly chalk it up to Bungie being completely inexperienced at creating raid-style content. The mechanics they've implemented are pretty cool, but at the same time, some of them can be soloed because of how the encounters are designed.
    The whole game is full of exploits really. It's not just the encounters it's the games mechanics. The fact that you can outrange agro from mobs is just bad. You can just snipe mobs and they won't do anything and on top of that Bungie gives you a sniper rifle that generates ammo automatically.

Nearly every boss of every strike has some sort of exploit to make it much easier than intended. Summoning Pits last boss, just snipe from the small room outside untill he is dead so you can completely ignore all the adds and the bosses attacks. The Nexus last boss, sit on top of the rocks and strafe to avoid the bosses attacks while also ignoring all the adds that spawn and there is also another spot where adds can't attack you and you can peak out once in a while to snipe the boss. Winter's Run last boss, you can just stay at the 'entrance' of the area and the boss and adds will just stand there around the corner unable to attack you. Cerberus Vae III last boss, you can hide behind some boxes to cheese the fight. And much, much, much more.

This game had/has a lot of potential but it's so short that it feels like half of the game is simply missing (they really had to add those 'expansions'...) and then becomes too grindy (I actually like grindy but not this...) and all these exploits don't really make it more fun either.
    I had fun playing it, for three or four weeks. I didn't feel it was worth it to buy the 'expansions'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost had a fit last night. Couldnt do Crotas End since the raid kept lagging. We were at least able to reach crota but god everything just kept jumping around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    . You can just snipe mobs and they won't do anything and on top of that Bungie gives you a sniper rifle that generates ammo automatically.
    Heh they gave us another one like that too. Black Hammer refills on its own with 3 quick headshots, doesnt run out and you dont even reload.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Plus plenty of people have solo'd the entire CE raid. Everything before crota/ir yut is a joke and there's no reason a lvl 28 couldn't solo it.

It's crazy how some of this shit gets figured out. I would never have figured out that if you stood on a rock there's a chance you can go flying onto a ledge that lets you skip all of the lamp shit. Then for the bridge you just step on a rock and all of the mobs ignore you except for the ogre, but he spawns so far away you can kill it before you take any damage. The next part is even easier, activate the next bridge, go step on a cabinet looking thing and all the thralls despawn, and you don't even kill the swordbearer. You just run to a platform on the same side as the swordbearer and you can kill the 2 ogres without them hitting you.

Up until Ir Yut you can do the entire raid by only killing 4 mobs. That lets you get loot from everything except crota, and you can easily get a crota cheese group and kill him without too much effort.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2014-12-31 at 04:11 PM.

Been stuck at Light Level 24 for so damn long now... Getting so little rep for completing stuff...

6 Tiger Strikes, not loot what so ever. >,<!

Gaaaah.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    #JusticeForRucati

Just came back last night and was wondering is there a way to get urzok to spawn faster or is it random.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Its random, hes part of a public event. So you have to wait around for him. Took me about 30 minutes before he spawned.
    #JusticeForRucati

Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Its random, hes part of a public event. So you have to wait around for him. Took me about 30 minutes before he spawned.
    Ya just did it and he despawned at about 20% hp ffs.

its insane how strong him and the add's are there..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Yea hes a pain in the ass. Definitely need a few people with you just to make sure he dies quick enough. For some reason it decides to put me in a damn event with no one around.
    #JusticeForRucati

Yea hes a pain in the ass. Definitely need a few people with you just to make sure he dies quick enough. For some reason it decides to put me in a damn event with no one around.
    Just did it woot.

What was annoying is a event started before him where u got to stand near the thing until 100%. Then he decided to show up halfway though that LOL. Thankfully we had a couple level 30s there that helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Dose anyone know a fast way to level charaters?

15+ Year Old Account
    Im on pS4. SectumSempra427. Add me! I do weekly heroic and nightfall every week on 2 classes as well as VoG and Crota.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I must admit playing Destiny with a Psvita via remote play is kinda fun. Its also a bit hard due to only having one R button and one L button that isn't a touch pad.
    Works tho did the strike level 26 playlist version of Devils Lair and Summoning Pits with it

10+ Year Old Account

Strong but certainly killable. Try to 'make friends' with the fallen in the area and only kill hive once the fecal matter/fan interactions begin. How I solo'd it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Strong but certainly killable. Try to 'make friends' with the fallen in the area and only kill hive once the fecal matter/fan interactions begin. How I solo'd it.
    Thx for the tip already got the kill

Ontopic: Woot come september we can buy the other half of our game

Howdy all, I just picked this game up last night and I was wondering if any of ya'll had any "I wish I had known this" to share. This is my first FPS since Turok on the N64 (they normally make me nauseous but it seems I'm ok with Destiny oddly) so even if the recommendation seems really noobie, I'd be glad to hear it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for the tip already got the kill

Ontopic: Woot come september we can buy the other half of our game

Bring it! I'm enjoying this game. House of Wolves March tho!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Howdy all, I just picked this game up last night and I was wondering if any of ya'll had any "I wish I had known this" to share. This is my first FPS since Turok on the N64 (they normally make me nauseous but it seems I'm ok with Destiny oddly) so even if the recommendation seems really noobie, I'd be glad to hear it!
    Hmm. Ok. I wish I had known to level Vangard to level 2 before going for one of the Crucible Factions (which is the fastest way to gear and hit 31). Vangard vendors are the only way to spend vangard tokens, and getting level 2 allows you a couple armor pieces that can be dismantled for building up the parts of your choosing. I think I wasted some 100+ tokens before realizing they capped at 200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    <insert obligated "i wish i knew how bad this game was so i never bought it" comment>

Id say to make sure to do as many dailies as you can. Yea its grindy as heck, but itll get you a good amount of rep so you can buy vanguard gear once you hit rank 2/3. Wish i had done that so i wasnt as far behind my buddies in the beginning.
    #JusticeForRucati

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone. Check your mail today. Bungie has sent everyone 1 Legendary Engram as a gift.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did it woot.

What was annoying is a event started before him where u got to stand near the thing until 100%. Then he decided to show up halfway though that LOL. Thankfully we had a couple level 30s there that helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Dose anyone know a fast way to level charaters?
    2 part reply.

Part 1: Uzruk is a big pain in the ass, randomly. I had tried to take him out several times but the overwhelming adds were..well..overwhelming. However, the time I was able to get him, was when he was the first spawn. I was super lucky, the first ship to drop adds for the event, had only him and no adds. We destroyed him in like 10 seconds.

Part 2: Fastest way to level characters is with bounties. I got my warlock from level 4 -25 in 2 days just by doing bounties and quests. I happen to have 33 light legendary gloves, a 21 light helm and a 21 light boots ready to drop on the warlock when he dinged 20, which I had gotten on my Titan and Hunter.

But yeah, always do your bounties. They give you a TON of experience.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im seeing its always a legendary weapon for the gift? That the caase for anyone? IM not home so i cant check mine yet...
    #JusticeForRucati

10+ Year Old Account
    Im seeing its always a legendary weapon for the gift? That the caase for anyone? IM not home so i cant check mine yet...
    Destiny Clans just said "Random Legendary Weapon" They didn't specifically say if it was an engram or not. I too will have to wait till I get home to see for certain.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.