Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    GUYS IM TELLING YA DESTINY 2 WAS A CODENAME FOR THE TAKEN KING.

its just a codename. not an actual sequel. just the number for destiny yearly expansions, which apparently come out yearly, and destiny was supposed to last 10 years.
    Wrong. They've already stated that we ARE getting a Destiny 2 that is a true sequel, not just an expansion on the current game (what they will call it remains to be seen however). And when they stated the ten year thing, they meant that our characters and experience would continue through the whole ten years.....not that it would be the same game throughout the whole ten years. This is supported by them saying our character's cosmetics (the way our character looks, not gear or anything like that), class, and "achievements" will be carrying over to Destiny 2 while everything else about it will be a fresh start.

Seriously......anyone who thought that it would be the same game with just expansions added on to it for ten years are being pretty fucking stupid. Vanilla Destiny was made with 360 and PS3 in mind.....there's no way in hell they'd limit themselves that much for ten years straight with technology that was already archaic by the time Destiny launched.

Common sense people. Get some.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-03-05 at 05:49 AM.

If they make the right choices with Destiny 2 ill buy it.

One of those is Endgame better have fucken matchmaking. If there is just 1 thing they do I don't like I won't be buying it, Not going to relive the bullshit with Destiny one.

Still not ok with the fact they cut content and fucken sold it to me.

Will be keeping a close eye on this. I also could really give a fuck less what all carries over from Destiny 1. I didn't expect much if anything would.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally as a pc player hate having sequels instead of expansions to the current game. simple example is WoW with its expansions living for 12 years now and more to come.
    now if there was WoW 2, playerbase would be divided.

i personally as a pc player hate having sequels instead of expansions to the current game. simple example is WoW with its expansions living for 12 years now and more to come.
    now if there was WoW 2, playerbase would be divided.
    then you have a game crippled by limitations from increasingly obsolete hardware. They keep pushing what they can out of WoW but there will always be limits to what it can do as a massively modified version of the warcraft 3 engine. A sequel is a clean slate with a complete rework and increase in performance, an expansion is just new content and tweaks for an existing product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    then you have a game crippled by limitations from increasingly obsolete hardware. They keep pushing what they can out of WoW but there will always be limits to what it can do as a massively modified version of the warcraft 3 engine. A sequel is a clean slate with a complete rework and increase in performance, an expansion is just new content and tweaks for an existing product.
    in case of WoW it totally isnt a problem, its a hotkey MMORPG. all i want to is push buttons, top meters and get gear. i dont need any fancy graphics and physics.

what would u add to destiny 2 that is truly gamechanging that needed a new hardware ?

new game also means more money, expansions are less expensive for both the customer and the developer

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do Activision/Bungie beat around the bush on whether Destiny 2 will be on PC?

Is the announcement of the game not the perfect place to go "and we are proud the bring the Destiny universe to PC..."?

That doesnt mean there aren't none graphical limits such as amount of things occurring on screen at once, why do you think serves crash on the launch of a new expansion? things are built with limits and the older your product the more its stressed by keeping up, the more failure prone it can become and the smaller its scale as it struggles to keep up.

in case of WoW it totally isnt a problem, its a hotkey MMORPG. all i want to is push buttons, top meters and get gear. i dont need any fancy graphics and physics.

what would u add to destiny 2 that is truly gamechanging that needed a new hardware ?

new game also means more money, expansions are less expensive for both the customer and the developer
    I'm guessing you have never heard the woes of the Destiny game engine and how badly last gen consoles held it back have you?

Destiny 2 HAS to be a brand new game with a clean slate, otherwise we'd keep getting a gimped, half assed game and engine like we currently have now.

Destiny is nothing like WoW or other PC MMOs in terms of gameplay, game engine, and how the developer needs to handle it. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can either enjoy it for what it is or GTFO and go back to your PC MMOs.

Deleted
    So I havent played Destiny since it first released back on the 360, but im planning on picking up a PS4 in a few weeks/couple of months and im wanting to get Destiny again, would there be much point in me getting it this late into the game? Would it take me too long to get to the same sort of level as everyone else, or would i be able to catch up quick enough?
    I dont know how important gear/levels is in this game, its been a very long time since i've played it, so my memory of how it all works is a bit fuzzy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why do Activision/Bungie beat around the bush on whether Destiny 2 will be on PC?

Is the announcement of the game not the perfect place to go "and we are proud the bring the Destiny universe to PC..."?
    They got to see if they can rush the port to release it for pc ofc :P

You get a boost to lvl40 with the collection. Just boost up and play through the story -since the taken king in particular is pretty fun stuff- then just jump into Rise of Iron. RoI itself is very short. Something like 5 mission but has enough fun stuff to keep you going for a while and the reddit has the sherpa folks if you need to see any raids.

Deleted
    You get a boost to lvl40 with the collection. Just boost up and play through the story -since the taken king in particular is pretty fun stuff- then just jump into Rise of Iron. RoI itself is very short. Something like 5 mission but has enough fun stuff to keep you going for a while and the reddit has the sherpa folks if you need to see any raids.
    Thanks, good to know!

Welp, looks like my expectations were dead on. Scaled up raids and a book to make doing the same shit we have been doing since september at the most recent again under the guise of new emblems which may not even continue on into D2. Busywork for the illusion of content. No need to reinstall in my opinion, i can wait for Destiny 2 instead of sticking to this for no reason beyond replaying shit i have been playing on repeat for 7 months now.

Welp, looks like my expectations were dead on. Scaled up raids and a book to make doing the same shit we have been doing since september at the most recent again under the guise of new emblems which may not even continue on into D2. Busywork for the illusion of content. No need to reinstall in my opinion, i can wait for Destiny 2 instead of sticking to this for no reason beyond replaying shit i have been playing on repeat for 7 months now.
    Yeah, after watching the stream, I came to basically the same conclusion. There is basically zero reason for me to touch Destiny 1 again at this point. Light cap staying the same and the only "new" content we are getting is just the same shit that I already grinded my face off for once already. I'll probably get roped back into running each raid at least once at the new light levels to appease my group of friends that I have raided with since the beginning, but that will probably be the end of it for me.

Bring on news of Destiny 2.

I sure hope they put a lot more effort in delivering the story/lore in the 2nd game.. Really felt like this game could have been so much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PC release are still only rumours I take it? Really hope it gets a PC version!
    Was playing Division since it came out, but their year 2 plans are thinner than a piece of paper so it's very unlikely me and my clan will continue to play. Hoping for a transition to Destiny 2.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

http://kotaku.com/leaked-image-gives...sep-1793560899

Leaked poster for Destiny 2, September 8th launch.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...44473180262408

Kotaku's Jason Schreier got info stating the announcement will be soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's seems to be coming to PC.

I'm lukewarm at best. Destiny 1 has ended on a bit of a meh note. I imagine either this will be a barely recognisable total overhaul, an even worse rushed out to avoid a contract agreement that says activision owns bungie if D2 doesnt make 2017 mess full of microtransactions or just more of the same and not very good and made the worse by its increasing age as an experience.

I want it to be amazing mind. The poster looks like out in the city which seems in line with the recent toy leaks suggesting it opens with the Cabal destroying the Tower but hard to get worked up until we see concrete retail build stuff.

Because god knows after last time i sure as shit aint trusting another beta that could be frontloaded as fug.

Unless Destiny 2 improves on the core issues I had with Destiny 1 ill be giving it a pass. Will be watching and see what they release.

Still quite burned over the fact we paided for proven cut content as DLC.

I really dig parts of the Destiny Lore, Just hope they are in the game this time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Also, it's seems to be coming to PC.
    Nice I need another looter shooter.

Borderlands doesn't really appeal to me too much and The Division came and went and it seems like they have left it for dead.