http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Iron-Ban...News?aid=11959

There's one poster I think that would appreciate that lol...and after all that...

got a beta invite in an email, was a nice surprise

I hate the downloads on these games though, especially with my connection. Gonna have to keep my ps4 on all night

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    got a beta invite in an email, was a nice surprise

I hate the downloads on these games though, especially with my connection. Gonna have to keep my ps4 on all night
    It also went into open beta earlier today lol

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It also went into open beta earlier today lol

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962
    ah well then, shows you how much I keep up on gaming news, lol

Figured I might as well post that though, someone else might see that for the first time too.

Wondering how this game is receiving the M rating. Zero foul language (not counting other players) and little to no gore. If anything most of the enemies I kill disintegrate. Maybe fellow NPCs start to lose it and throw the F-Bomb around? I doubt there will be any sexual content in this game.

Thinking ESRB needs to ease up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It seems like you'll probably hit the max level before you max out your upgrades/modifiers too. You'll also have to get exp for your gear. It's not like you hit level 20 and all of your progression comes to a sudden halt.
    Yeah, once you hit max level, there's reputation gear and marks for the Vanguard, Iron Crucible, and the Iron Banner, and there's probably more that we haven't seen in the beta. Not to mention leveling up new weapons you get at any point. And there's the end game 6 player raid, The Vault of Glass, their play testers were in there for 16 hours and didn't beat it, so hopefully it'll prove to be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Wondering how this game is receiving the M rating. Zero foul language (not counting other players) and little to no gore. If anything most of the enemies I kill disintegrate. Maybe fellow NPCs start to lose it and throw the F-Bomb around? I doubt there will be any sexual content in this game.

Thinking ESRB needs to ease up a bit.
    Destiny is only getting a T rating... here in the US at least... Animated blood and just general violence. Where are you/where did you hear that it's getting an M rating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Destiny is only getting a T rating... here in the US at least... Animated blood and just general violence. Where are you/where did you hear that it's getting an M rating?
    Yea you're right. I could have sworn I saw some Pre-Order ticket from a retail showing an M rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Still can't believe multiplayer is 6v6 deathmatch only.

Bungie, watafak...

I have good news for you then - there's also 3v3 modes <evil grin>

Deleted
    I´ve just found this interesting stuff at IGN and I thought that you guys may be interested. There were basically 17 collectors cards dispersed at various events and each of them gives you something to unlock for the main game. You can enter the codes at your profile page on bungie.net

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Trad...demption_Codes

just started playing, I like it so far. I'm still having trouble getting used to a controller in an FPS but I'll get the hang of it

Someone before mentioned that it was like Borderlands, I don't get that impression at all. It seems much more Halo like with RPG elements.

Someone before mentioned that it was like Borderlands, I don't get that impression at all. It seems much more Halo like with RPG elements.
    The borderlands element is more about how the guns work with the random effects and modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I´ve just found this interesting stuff at IGN and I thought that you guys may be interested. There were basically 17 collectors cards dispersed at various events and each of them gives you something to unlock for the main game. You can enter the codes at your profile page on bungie.net

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Trad...demption_Codes
    Redeemed all, thanks.

I'm guessing that the most popular class will be the Hunter? Seems like it the time I've played. Been trying out the Warlock, haven't gotten any good abilities yet though.

I'm guessing that the most popular class will be the Hunter? Seems like it the time I've played. Been trying out the Warlock, haven't gotten any good abilities yet though.
    Depends if you're going in solo or just want to have some fun the hunter is the best imo and likely most popular. At least once everyone catches on anyways since I'm almost always the sole hunter in my games. If you're playing with a coordinated team though a squad of titans would smash the other two classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, even if the Hunter will be the better class, I won't play it, because I just don't like how the armors they've shown so far look like, I like to look good in my multiplayer games, I've played TF2 for 6 years for god's sake! I can't look like crap!

So I'm probably going to be a warlock, since I also love casters

I'm definitely gonna play a warlock. I tried a titan, but idk, there's something about it that makes me feel less efficient than my lock. I think it might just be because at this level with this gear the stats aren't too different yet, so I'm not tanky enough to notice a difference in how many hits I can take, and then trying to recover takes a little bit longer than my lock. I haven't tried a hunter yet.

I'm not sure about the subclass, but from what I've looked at so far sunsinger is pretty appealing to me.

Downloading the BETA atm.

Taking frigging hours.

Deleted
    Tried out the open beta on Xbox 360 today, played the hunter class. Game is fun, feels a lot like borderlands, which is good because borderlands rocks. But so far I am level 5 and every mission has been the same. Warp to this location, use your ghost on some wreckage or a computer, kill some bad guys, maybe a boss, warp out. I don't know if there is more variety at higher levels but if that's it I could see it get boring fast for me.
    Not going to totally write it off yet, as if said I'm only level 5 and about 2 hours played, I'd be more likely to buy it on pc than console too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive vey only tried hunter so far, going to try warlock tomorow. Hunter was pretty fun though, the throwing knife ability is very useful against shielded targets, as soon as I break the shield the throwing knife fa one hit them usually. And the incendiary grenade is of course amazing against crowds.