So when is Xur back? Can't see him on the map at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So when is Xur back? Can't see him on the map at the moment.
    He doesn't come until the daily reset on Friday every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    He doesn't come until the daily reset on Friday every week.
    Well hopefully he has some nice shit. Got the Arc Staff chest last week and I could have sworn it was only 225. Do Exotics go up as your power level does or something?

Last week he had a Fusion Rifle. Not my cup of tea when it comes to weapons. I just love my sword too much.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's pretty easy honestly, far simpler than how it worked in Destiny 1 where you had to grind exp for all 3 classes. Destiny 2 just uses skill points where you get most from leveling then the rest from adventures. You can then swap classes at any time even mid combat though it puts all your skills on cooldown.
    Meant the primary classes, not the sub ones.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Well hopefully he has some nice shit. Got the Arc Staff chest last week and I could have sworn it was only 225. Do Exotics go up as your power level does or something?

Last week he had a Fusion Rifle. Not my cup of tea when it comes to weapons. I just love my sword too much.
    The exotics he sells go up in power with you, to a cap of 270. I'm over 300 Power level currently and he only offered me stuff at 270.

Also, you REALLY should have bought that fusion rifle if you were able. The thing does absolute work on bosses and mobs with high amounts of health. It has become a staple weapon in the raid for some of the encounters in there due to its high damage output.

Swords are fun to use, but there are a lot of situations where they are worthless, especially with boss encounters or encounters that force you to stay at range outside of melee range.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-22 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I mean that's pretty easy to do as well. Spend a few hours to level it up and you can easily swap weapons between characters as well as get gear drops based on the overall power level of your account. Assuming it does indeed work that way my second character isn't quite 20 yet so someone else would need to confirm if it works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You can swap weapons between all characters, regardless of class. Armor is class specific though so you have to grind that out individually for each seperate class you have. Once you get the different classes to around the same power level, there's nothing more to it. You just log into whichever character you want to play with.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean that's pretty easy to do as well. Spend a few hours to level it up and you can easily swap weapons between characters as well as get gear drops based on the overall power level of your account. Assuming it does indeed work that way my second character isn't quite 20 yet so someone else would need to confirm if it works that way.
    Power level is not account wide.

You can swap weapons between all characters, regardless of class. Armor is class specific though so you have to grind that out individually for each seperate class you have. Once you get the different classes to around the same power level, there's nothing more to it. You just log into whichever character you want to play with.

- - - Updated - - -

Power level is not account wide.
    Okay I wasn't sure because I remember people being confused about that when Bungie said gear drops were determined based on gear across your entire account.

Okay I wasn't sure because I remember people being confused about that when Bungie said gear drops were determined based on gear across your entire account.
    Across your individual character's inventory and maybe your vault. But definitely not across all your characters.

Yay 240 power! Time for some Guided Nightfall methinks. Got 12 tickets.

Yay 240 power! Time for some Guided Nightfall methinks. Got 12 tickets.
    I guess I'm just at a complete and total loss on how it's taken you this long to just get to 240. It sounds like you've been grinding quite a bit, based on your posts. With the apparent amount of time you've put in, I myself would have probably already been at 270+. Just makes me wonder what's been going on for you.

I guess I'm just at a complete and total loss on how it's taken you this long to just get to 240. It sounds like you've been grinding quite a bit, based on your posts. With the apparent amount of time you've put in, I myself would have probably already been at 270+.
    Just been taking it easy mate. I didn't rush initially. Was playing other games as well. Warframe, FF14, getting Sonic Mania finished, WoW and whatnot.

When I hit 210 I did put my foot down a bit admittedly. Plus RNG was a bit more on my side from around 225-240. Got Caydes Exo which was sadly a crappy helm so I stuck with the Arc Staff chest.

Just been taking it easy mate. I didn't rush initially. Was playing other games as well. Warframe, FF14, getting Sonic Mania finished, WoW and whatnot.

When I hit 210 I did put my foot down a bit admittedly. Plus RNG was a bit more on my side from around 225-240. Got Caydes Exo which was sadly a crappy helm so I stuck with the Arc Staff chest.
    Understandable. I was just under the impression that you were playing and grinding more than what you actually were. Which is where my confusion was coming from as to why you hadn't progressed any further than what you had.

German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    *snip*
    This is so "millennial" of me, but I really can't be asked to watch an hour long review of a game I am currently playing. I wish they could keep it shorter, maybe 20 minutes tops?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Jim and Joe already gave me a good enough impression of both the good and the bad. If i can get a good enough group of people to consistently play with, i'd buy it.

I've read multiple reviews at this point and everything seems to point in the same direction - big step up from D1, very good inital experience/leveling with dome degree of grinding once reached endgame events, and a raid that sucks mostly because there's next to zero gunplay while it's one of the more solid aspects of D2.

To me is worth the preorder+expansion pass, and i'm confident the lack of current content will be filled over time.

Though i may be wrong and D2 turns out to be shit. Well, it's been a gamble from beta.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've read multiple reviews at this point and everything seems to point in the same direction - big step up from D1, very good inital experience/leveling with dome degree of grinding once reached endgame events, and a raid that sucks mostly because there's next to zero gunplay while it's one of the more solid aspects of D2.

To me is worth the preorder+expansion pass, and i'm confident the lack of current content will be filled over time.

Though i may be wrong and D2 turns out to be shit. Well, it's been a gamble from beta.
    Nah, I think you have the right idea about it. It certainly is a step up from D1 in many ways, but in some ways they took a step back.

As for the raid, pretty spot on. I mean, there is still a need for a gun on each fight. But it is definitely more Mechanics heavy than Gunfire heavy.

I should add though. I am certainly enjoying the game. However not quite as much as Destiny 1. I find myself just completing my Milestones, then putting the controller down, and just thumbing through my phone.

To get re-engaged with the game though, I have been diving into Adventures. I cleared the EDZ, and am now working on Titan. Sadly, they are a little disjointed, like you would imagine random side quests to be. I was hoping they would be a bit more connected, but aren't always related to each other, but some of them are.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-09-22 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Nah, I think you have the right idea about it. It certainly is a step up from D1 in many ways, but in some ways they took a step back.

As for the raid, pretty spot on. I mean, there is still a need for a gun on each fight. But it is definitely more Mechanics heavy than Gunfire heavy.

I should add though. I am certainly enjoying the game. However not quite as much as Destiny 1. I find myself just completing my Milestones, then putting the controller down, and just thumbing through my phone.

To get re-engaged with the game though, I have been diving into Adventures. I cleared the EDZ, and am now working on Titan. Sadly, they are a little disjointed, like you would imagine random side quests to be. I was hoping they would be a bit more connected, but aren't always related to each other, but some of them are.
    This is good. Worth noting that i never played D1 and always wanted but didn't want to buy a PS4.

I suppose that if i go my usual relaxed but "i want to clear everything" the game in current state will last for me enough time to let new content to be dropped and eventually DLC/expansions (i got the pass too because let's face it even if i get bored i'll return for the updates).

Worth noting that nowadays most games aren't anymore designed to hook people constantly but rather to make them play disjointed sessions overtime in an environment where players buy and play multiple games at a time since no one of the games can fill up the free time some have (i'm not one of these so i'm fine with that XD).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This is good. Worth noting that i never played D1 and always wanted but didn't want to buy a PS4.

I suppose that if i go my usual relaxed but "i want to clear everything" the game in current state will last for me enough time to let new content to be dropped and eventually DLC/expansions (i got the pass too because let's face it even if i get bored i'll return for the updates).

Worth noting that nowadays most games aren't anymore designed to hook people constantly but rather to make them play disjointed sessions overtime in an environment where players buy and play multiple games at a time since no one of the games can fill up the free time some have (i'm not one of these so i'm fine with that XD).
    The bolded is quite true. And this will happen with Destiny 2 between DLC's. You will certainly run out of content before the next DLC drops, but it surely will take a while if you are a completionist.

Between the Campaign, Adventures, Lost Sectors, Regional Chests, Strikes, Raid, and PvP there is plenty of things to do before you've done it all.