Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The worst part about this game is that there's nothing to do, at least as a solo player. It's impossible for me to solo any heroic events, just trying to trigger the heroic mode is challenging enough for some of them. Then I feel like I'm always on a planet by myself and nobody ever joins into my planet. I'm constantly going back to orbit and then back to the planet hoping it put me in a better lobby. When that works the people never stay for long. They do 1 or 2 events and then leave, so then I'm left on an empty planet again.

Strikes are just a little too easy and not rewarding enough. I have no idea why heroic strikes aren't a thing and why the consecutive strike buff is gone. I've never had anybody do 2 strikes in a row with me, people have always left.

The grind starting at 265 is one of the more disappointing things I've had to experience in a game. I love how every engram from practically every single reward system is lower than my light lvl.

It's a shame really. I'm always thinking about the game and I always want to play, but when it comes time to logging in I'm just kinda like why? what's the point? The whole game just feels so unrewarding now. I need to log in about once a week and that's it.
    The way it looks right now the bulk of content we are getting is the stuff made before Rise of Iron which was hastily put together to fill the gap in Destiny 2's year delay. In RoI we got things like Hard modes of strikes with strike specific, desirable legendaries with effects that in D2 right now are exotic only tier stuff. Archons Forge to use item drops to spawn boss events for good loot, daily and weekly quests from npcs to get gear and relics that did things like mind control enemies to make them allies, give up your super for extra grenades and so on.

The common expectation right now seems to be Rise of Iron is representative of what is coming in Destiny 2. In particular Rise of Iron outright tells you Rasputin has a colossal army of robots far stronger than exo's and we know the second expansion is warmind focussed. So people are assuming Rise of Iron is what to expect content wise in updates and right now from the devs point of view this is stuff made last year after The Taken King and they spent the last year spread between Rise of Iron, Curse of Osiris and whatever the Warmind expansion is.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    In particular Rise of Iron outright tells you Rasputin has a colossal army of robots far stronger than exo's and we know the second expansion is warmind focussed.
    And that lore wise makes no sense because Rasputin is dead.

You can even see his dead body in Destiny 1 if I recall right and collect his ghost.

Then again Destiny 2 is kinda a reboot to Destiny as a whole so I guess nothing from D1 really matter's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that lore wise makes no sense because Rasputin is dead.

You can even see his dead body in Destiny 1 if I recall right and collect his ghost.

Then again Destiny 2 is kinda a reboot to Destiny as a whole so I guess nothing from D1 really matter's.
    Rasputin being an Exo was planned and revealed in the leak but cut from the main game. He is just a supercomputer under the cosmodrome and after fighting Hive Knights for the first time we accidentally set up a relay that gets him into the Clovis Bray Facility on Mars which grans him/it control over all warframe platforms across the system. He was planned to be a single exo we rescued but in game he is just skynet.

I think you might be thinking of Preadyth in the Vault of Glass from the taken king, we rarely actually see other characters bodies bar the one outside the Temple of Crota on the Moon.

Rasputin being an Exo was planned and revealed in the leak but cut from the main game. He is just a supercomputer under the cosmodrome and after fighting Hive Knights for the first time we accidentally set up a relay that gets him into the Clovis Bray Facility on Mars which grans him/it control over all warframe platforms across the system. He was planned to be a single exo we rescued but in game he is just skynet.

I think you might be thinking of Preadyth in the Vault of Glass from the taken king, we rarely actually see other characters bodies bar the one outside the Temple of Crota on the Moon.
    Ur right I mixed it up with the Destiny 1 story the dev's gave to polygon where it was changed.
    https://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-st...iny-1737556731
    “The entire last third of the game took place on the Dreadnaught with you rescuing Rasputin,” said one person who worked on the game.

Fans have long wondered about the bloody Exo in one early piece of Destiny concept art. Turns out that was Rasputin, according to a source. In the original story, the player would have rescued this guy from the Hive.
    It was the concept art I was thinking of, Its been a min
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone else on rare occasions just getting booted back to orbit? Not my internet connection that's for sure. Was just about to receive my engram and then I was booted back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anyone else on rare occasions just getting booted back to orbit? Not my internet connection that's for sure. Was just about to receive my engram and then I was booted back.
    Is the "cabbage" error? It's likely what happened to me in beta - it's due to the router brand; they worked to a fix but still happens sometimes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

In case anyone is curious, Dead Orbit has the best winning offering by far. The scout rifle looks like it could actually be really good. The pulse rifle from FWC looks like a fucking joke and the sidearm from NM just looks to be "meh". This is all from a stats and perks standpoint.

So get out there and grind that Dead Orbit rep so we can get the best one of the three winning offerings!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    In case anyone is curious, Dead Orbit has the best winning offering by far. The scout rifle looks like it could actually be really good. The pulse rifle from FWC looks like a fucking joke and the sidearm from NM just looks to be "meh". This is all from a stats and perks standpoint.

So get out there and grind that Dead Orbit rep so we can get the best one of the three winning offerings!
    How do I go about getting Dead Orbit rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

From what i've seen its looking like at least 60% of people will be going Dead Orbit. But to be fair its the cybergoth club lead by peter stormare. Thats powerful branding

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i've seen its looking like at least 60% of people will be going Dead Orbit. But to be fair its the cybergoth club lead by peter stormare. Thats powerful branding
    Dead Orbit will win every time. Which is why I feel this "Faction War" is a horrible idea. Most people don't understand what the Future War Cult is all about, and just see ugly colors and shy away. And New Monarchy is basically a would be dictatorship if permitted, which most people will not like. Dead Orbit will win every week until one of the other factions sells an outright amazing weapon that cannot be replaced.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Dead Orbit will win every time. Which is why I feel this "Faction War" is a horrible idea. Most people don't understand what the Future War Cult is all about, and just see ugly colors and shy away. And New Monarchy is basically a would be dictatorship if permitted, which most people will not like. Dead Orbit will win every week until one of the other factions sells an outright amazing weapon that cannot be replaced.
    Why future war cult is coloured like a late 70's straight to dvd movie studio logo is beyond me. Which makes people choose between the nihilist form the big lebowski or some kingshit calling themselves a monarchy. Thats no contest at all. Dead Orbit: mankind should go and explore again, New Monarchy: we are hot shit chads, vote for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly when you think about it its just high school cliques. Do you side with the Goths, Hipsters or Chads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why future war cult is coloured like a late 70's straight to dvd movie studio logo is beyond me. Which makes people choose between the nihilist form the big lebowski or some kingshit calling themselves a monarchy. Thats no contest at all. Dead Orbit: mankind should go and explore again, New Monarchy: we are hot shit chads, vote for us.
    If you haven't had the chance to watch Byf's latest videos on the 3 factions, I'd check them out. I have a new appreciation for New Monarchy, mainly because of how they view the implementation of such a Monarchy. It's actually... quite considerate. I haven't watched the Dead Orbit one yet as it will be released today. But FWC and NM are up already.

But do they have edgelord shaders?

CASE. CLOSED.

10+ Year Old Account
    But do they have edgelord shaders?

CASE. CLOSED.
    I honestly lol'd at that because it is so true.

However, on second thought, wouldn't FWC be more troll-ish? Getting ganked by a dud e wearing those colors would be far more embarrassing.

15+ Year Old Account
    FWC has the best weapons this time around, but DO will still win.

It will never stop bugging me that at least 3 of the lost sectors on earth have huge side areas that are never used. They must be be access points to dlc areas later.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never stop bugging me that at least 3 of the lost sectors on earth have huge side areas that are never used. They must be be access points to dlc areas later.
    If you could post up a screen shot with those circled, that would be super rad. I'm curious which ones you are taking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you could post up a screen shot with those circled, that would be super rad. I'm curious which ones you are taking about.
    Two easiest to get to are the one in winding cove and especially the middle outskirts one that has a industrial complex you never need to enter to the left of the lost sector area.

I'm done with Nightfall. Can't be fucking arsed wasting my guided games tickets on being matched with utter idiots.

Will probably just stick to Normal Strikes and Crucible until they just add a normal LFG system to Nightfall and Raids where I'm not penalized for playing as a solo player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm done with Nightfall. Can't be fucking arsed wasting my guided games tickets on being matched with utter idiots.

Will probably just stick to Normal Strikes and Crucible until they just add a normal LFG system to Nightfall and Raids where I'm not penalized for playing as a solo player.
    So, your not going to ever do raids and nightfall again then. Gotcha.