Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I played Destiny 1 mostly for PvP.

My priorities might have been a bit backwards, but hey, as long as I can run around punch people, I'll have fun.
    Destiny 2 PvP is different than Destiny 1 PvP in several (bad) ways.

It's only 4v4. It's missing several game modes that were in D1. There's no way to choose specific game modes (you have two playlists to choose from and the mode you get on each one is completely random). The rewards for PvP matches are very lackluster. Time to kill has been increased while overall movement has been decreased. The current meta is boring as dogshit (MIDA Multitool + Last Hope sidearm or Uriel's Gift auto rifle) due to how stupidly good HCR (High Caliber Rounds) are (both MIDA and Uriel's have HCR on them).

And most matches are just the two teams of four running around in a clump and team shooting each other from across the map with their MIDA's. There really isn't anymore of the "running around solo and getting multiple kills as a lone wolf". If you stray from your team in most matches, you'll get annihilated by the other team all team shotting you. And solo queuing in PvP now is a masochist's wet dream. The game constantly puts a team of 4 randoms against a full team of clan members who are all communicating the entire time and will proceed to wipe the floor with the randoms.

PvP in Destiny 2 isn't worth the time. Bungie took too many things away from PvP that made it fun and gave us shit that we never asked for in return. As a result, PvP is a now a boring, hollow, shallow, and unrewarding experience compared to D1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Destiny 2 PvP is different than Destiny 1 PvP in several (bad) ways.

It's only 4v4. It's missing several game modes that were in D1. There's no way to choose specific game modes (you have two playlists to choose from and the mode you get on each one is completely random). The rewards for PvP matches are very lackluster. Time to kill has been increased while overall movement has been decreased. The current meta is boring as dogshit (MIDA Multitool + Last Hope sidearm or Uriel's Gift auto rifle) due to how stupidly good HCR (High Caliber Rounds) are (both MIDA and Uriel's have HCR on them).

And most matches are just the two teams of four running around in a clump and team shooting each other from across the map with their MIDA's. There really isn't anymore of the "running around solo and getting multiple kills as a lone wolf". If you stray from your team in most matches, you'll get annihilated by the other team all team shotting you. And solo queuing in PvP now is a masochist's wet dream. The game constantly puts a team of 4 randoms against a full team of clan members who are all communicating the entire time and will proceed to wipe the floor with the randoms.

PvP in Destiny 2 isn't worth the time. Bungie took too many things away from PvP that made it fun and gave us shit that we never asked for in return. As a result, PvP is a now a boring, hollow, shallow, and unrewarding experience compared to D1.
    Only 4v4?
    That's awful alone.
    I loved being about to just run around as a Titan either slamming the ground or just punching people.

... Guess I'll just stick to Doomfist then instead after screwing around in Destiny a bit.

Since number drops was posted earlier, another thread doing a comparison. While not fully apples to apples it does bring about some other game comparisons made.
    Comparing Destiny 2 Player Population Decay to Other Major Game Launches

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the problem that people are expecting Destiny to be their main game and play for hours each day, forever?

I've only played the demo, and it was similar to the first, so straight away that's not going to do any favours to people burned out on the first game.

Destiny is the sort of game I'll play as my main game for a couple weeks then stop (as I'll probably clear everything and be almost max gear), and probably go back to later, while possibly playing on the odd occasion if friends happen to play it. It's what I did with the first one (I didn't do raids, but did the other stuff).

I've no problem with that, it's what I expect the game to be.

Oh and lol @ people trying to say controller is on par with K+M for shooters.

Agreed with some of the points, there doesn't seem to be much traction around the launch of PC. Making it hard to find people to get into our Clan with an intend to hit the ground running on launch date.

Any of you PC players?

10+ Year Old Account
    looking for cute girls with cute feet to play on PC together

EU
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I can't wait to see all the enthusiastic pc players pissed off in 2 weeks.
    Oh ya its going to be great and I'm going to sit back and say I told you so to them. I'm fucken amazed how there is people in this thread alone who has never played Destiny (openly admitting to it) defending the current state of endgame in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I played Destiny 1 mostly for PvP.

My priorities might have been a bit backwards, but hey, as long as I can run around punch people, I'll have fun.
    IMO Pvp right now is the best its been for Destiny but that is a matter of opinion. I'm just not that big on Destiny Pvp, Its fun to do off and on.

I can see why people hate the change to 4v4 tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    If I may interrupt the bickering for a moment, but I'm hoping to source a few opinions from the console crowd.

Because I'm an optimistic fool (about all games really), I've been looking forward to this game for sometime. It's worth noting I haven't played either Destiny 1 or Destiny 2, but I was a BIG fan of the original Halo trilogy (like...BIG, long time ago though haha) and have a strong background in competitive FPS and MMOs. I'm a big time binger, so I'm more interested in the views of the 'dedicated' player-base (though don't let that discourage you).

Mainly what I want to know is, how does this game's end-game hold up?I heard there is 'raids' of sorts as well as a hard mode and dungeons. While I expect those to be the main source of PvE challenge via grouping, is there anyway to elicit a solo challenge? Is there like solo ranked PvP, or solo scenarios (think mage tower sort of dealy from WoW) or even dungeons? Basically is there much interesting and challenging things to do in the way of solo play for when I can't be-bothered cooperating with people.

Thanks in advance.
    Right now not really. After you finish the story each of the four worlds has a side quest that ends with a weapon but they are all 'follow this thing to a destination' type missions you do once and they cannot be repeated. After that there is the raid. The weekly nightfall which is a hard mode 'dungeon' and matchmkaing pvp which right now is objectively terrible. They tried to balance it for esports and right now the state of multiplayer is people stick together in packs all using the same Mida Multitool gun and chip each other down. With maps far too big for this which means matches take a long time as you roam about looking for the other murderball waiting to collide with yours.
    Aside from that its just repeating things to farm tokens. Every vendor takes different tokens and for every 30 you get what is effectively a lockbox. The issue right now is you outgear these lockboxes in a week of casual play which means all of these "go to Io and kill a Vex Hyda" daily endgame events are worthless and offer no reward. So logging in on tuesday for free 'powerful engrams' guaranteed to be the only upgrades you can reliably attain after 270 power level. Which means right now a solo player who bought the game at launch and plays casually already has nothing rewarding to do. If Destiny 1 was Halo Reach Destiny 2 is launch state Diablo 3. Its not a horrible minute to minute experience but long term retention viability and risk vs reward balancing is in dire need of an overhaul which is probably coming with the first dlc in november.

My advice is if you want a pve shooter wait till the first dlc and see if the needed changes are in effect. They did similar with D1 with The Taken King so there is no reason to assume it wont happen here as well. If you want halo style pvp however i flat out cannot recommend it though. Its simply not made for the same audience. You are far more likely to get the same kind of fun playing Titanfall 2 pvp instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is the problem that people are expecting Destiny to be their main game and play for hours each day, forever?
    No the problem with D2 is at its core how quickly rewards from 90% of activities becomes redundant. To use a WoW expression its like a new raid tier opening up but most of the rewards are still the ilvl of the last tier across all the content. But you have a weekly quest that gives titanforged for free. Players ask 'whats the point in doing X when the only reward for it is worse gear than i have?' and the crux of that is it doesnt matter if you play all day every day or an hour a week the experience and player response is the same. Post story is terrible pvp, a once per week raid and hard dungeon and everything else is out of your control. You cannot replay the campaign missions at will like D1 for example. You get 3 at random to do per week for more tokens for another vendor for rewards that you outgear in the first 20 hours of playing.
    Theres a lot of worried people online waiting for the pc release that seem to be going 'i-its just the die hards right? its the no lifers who exhausted the game right?' and this is a situation with no comparison i can think of where the reward structure is fundamentally broken so even the most casual player is quickly going to find no player power increasing rewards and naturally going to find no reason to login. Hence the current 2.3 million and climbing list of console players that have already just stopped logging in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No the problem with D2 is at its core how quickly rewards from 90% of activities becomes redundant.
    So basically the same issue as the 1st one.

I'll see properly for myself when I play it.

IMO its much worse then the first one, At lease the first one had heroic strikes and other things you could do. Destiny 2 doesn't even have heroic strikes or a buff to keep doing strikes back to back.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not quite. In Destiny 1 its issues were things like -at launch at least- legendary engrams giving blues, ridiculous rng and exotics being far too rare. In some respects they have done a Blizzard and pulled such a hard 180 to the other direction it causes the same issues a different way. Almost every exotic is in peoples hands already, the rolls are removed from weapons and they are now uniform and largely just different models and its not a case of bad rng on engrams but no rng. After 270 its something like a 99% guarantee you will get lower power rewards than what you have equipped. Worse than 'come on let me get a good drop' its 'you will never get a good drop so dont waste the time when you know you will 100% get an upgrade on the reset from the powerful engram.

I think it was designed this way for a more level playing field and less grind but when you remove the grind and level the playing field you remove the progression and in a looter shooter that kind of kills the game once you have done all the quests. Like i said before the game itself is sound but the reward system needs an overhaul. Honestly make it harder to get rewards but actually increasing the value of rewards is probably their best bet for retention. But i'm expecting an archons forge style pve arena in Curse of Osiris to do the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO its much worse then the first one, At lease the first one had heroic strikes and other things you could do. Destiny 2 doesn't even have heroic strikes or a buff to keep doing strikes back to back.
    it doesnt even have difficulty select for any activities period. Prestige for the raid and nightfall and everything else scales to you. Another negative reinforcement for player power increase which has been the death of many online rpgs in terms of player retention.

it doesnt even have difficulty select for any activities period. Prestige for the raid and nightfall and everything else scales to you. Another negative reinforcement for player power increase which has been the death of many online rpgs in terms of player retention.
    I 100% agree, I hope they fix the issues sooner then later. But to be honest I don't really see them getting fixed at all. There needs to be a overhaul fix and not just a band-aid. Sadly the overhaul fix (if it happens) will be a long ways out.

By then most will just say fuck it and leave.

For me if the game doesn't improve by the time MHO comes out ill just be done with it. Many other games I can sink my time into.

Also fuck the current state of the guided games system..

10+ Year Old Account
    lol wtf.....

lol wtf.....
    Yep Destiny 2 lacks a lot of systems Destiny 1 had even compared to the classic version. Destiny 2 feels like a reboot to the series and not a sequel.

I 100% agree, I hope they fix the issues sooner then later. But to be honest I don't really see them getting fixed at all. There needs to be a overhaul fix and not just a band-aid. Sadly the overhaul fix (if it happens) will be a long ways out.

By then most will just say fuck it and leave.

For me if the game doesn't improve by the time MHO comes out ill just be done with it. Many other games I can sink my time into.

Also fuck the current state of the guided games system..
    I've already said i think they can fix it, we all saw TTK and RoI add some fantastic stuff for replayability and variety. I think they were just so terrified of Activision devouring them if they had a second critical bomb that they designed around 'what did people complain about with D1's launch build' and in the process forgot every improvement they made from TTK onwards in years 2 and 3 of the first game.

I've already said i think they can fix it, we all saw TTK and RoI add some fantastic stuff for replayability and variety. I think they were just so terrified of Activision devouring them if they had a second critical bomb that they designed around 'what did people complain about with D1's launch build' and in the process forgot every improvement they made from TTK onwards in years 2 and 3 of the first game.
    Maybe but the irony in that is if the game stay's as it is too long it will be a critical bomb. I forgot who posted in but someone already posted in this thread that people are leaving in mass.

Maybe but the irony in that is if the game stay's as it is too long it will be a critical bomb. I forgot who posted in but someone already posted in this thread that people are leaving in mass.
    And some people, like me, who were super excited about the PC release are now not even going to bother with it given the current reviews and statements on it and how shallow it is. The game still looks amazing and I will buy it eventually, but I'm not about to drop $50+ dollars for it when it's so shallow and there's other games/ things out there to do that provide more value.

Hey more good news because people like good news right..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-for-two-weeks
    Destiny 2's Trials of the Nine event postponed for two weeks
    Destiny 2's top-tier weekly multiplayer activity Trials of the Nine has been postponed for the next two weeks.

The reason? It's that pesky Monty Python emote, which lets you glitch through walls.

Destiny 2 developer Bungie has said it won't be able to implement a fix until the first week of November - so it has called off Trials until after then.

Last week, Bungie pulled the Bureaucratic Walk emote - a replica of John Cleese's infamous strut from the Ministry of Silly Walks sketch - from sale after players discovered you could sneak through solid walls. But players with the emote already could still use it.

Destiny 2 was down again for maintenance last night, but the issue was not solved.

It's not the first time Bungie has been forced to act due to a bug in its game. Last week, Destiny 2's prestige raid was postponed after players began using an exploit to easily defeat its final boss. This week, the first team to beat the prestige raid did so using another glitch Bungie hadn't expected. And, two days ago, Destiny 2's Nightfall strike had to be changed due to an issue blocking progression.

Last night's Destiny 2 maintenance centered on a fix for a problem discovered around a month ago - that raid keys were being erroneously deleted.
    You just can't make this shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And some people, like me, who were super excited about the PC release are now not even going to bother with it given the current reviews and statements on it and how shallow it is. The game still looks amazing and I will buy it eventually, but I'm not about to drop $50+ dollars for it when it's so shallow and there's other games/ things out there to do that provide more value.
    Right, I considered getting a PC copy at some point but now I'm not. I have gotten my money's worth (bought it twice on ps4, upgraded to the LE version). But I won't shell out another $60+Season Pass cost on a PC version.

To be honest I have considered selling off my PS4 copy.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-20 at 03:19 PM.

Man, so right now the player drop off census has showed in 6 weeks 78% of the player base has stopped playing Destiny 2. Just stopped. For comparison that took 6 monthss for the least popular Call of duty and is a faster rate of decline than The Division and Battleborn. Right now the only notable release that died faster was No Man's Sky.

Papa Activision is probably going to have some words i think.

Man, so right now the player drop off census has showed in 6 weeks 78% of the player base has stopped playing Destiny 2. Just stopped. For comparison that took 6 monthss for the least popular Call of duty and is a faster rate of decline than The Division and Battleborn. Right now the only notable release that died faster was No Man's Sky.

Papa Activision is probably going to have some words i think.
    Also keep in mind that Destiny 2 only sold 1/4 of what Destiny 1 did and it hasn't even released on PC yet.