Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You either like it or you don't
    and not liking it makes the game bad?

BS : the FIRST impressions of a game count; That's hours , sometimes even minutes when playing a NEW game (not talking about old expansions on known mechanics...).

You either like it or you don't. Having to wade through 20 hours of mindless shooting things before "some fun could start" is already a player loss.

Enough statistics have proven this already.

You only have ONE chance to blow the player away and if you don't do it in the first 2 hours it is game over for most.

These days it is the same with books and other forms of entertainment btw: first impressions count or you just stop watching/reading.
    Here is the funny part. There was a huge open beta. Anyone who bought the game and expected it to be different at release is a fool. There is many like myself who played the beta and enjoyed it. There was a decent amount of content open in the beta and it could be counted as a demo.

So at this point if anyone got the game and is not enjoying it then it is there fault since there was a "Demo" and people had a chance to check it out before buying it.

Also not liking a game dose not make it a bad game. Its different strokes for different fokes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I'm extremely surprised, Destiny had a freaking bete a month and a half ago, everyone who preordered got in, it then opened up for 3 days.

If you were interested enough in preordering, then you must've atleast played the beta

- - - Updated - - -

A review covers the entire game, not the first two hours
    I never pre-ordered till Sunday, I got into the Alpha and Beta easily. If anyone was slightly interested in this game, they had plenty of chances.

If you end up buying the game and not liking it, then it's your own fault for being a dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I cant wait to get home and play it... I played beta, LOVED IT, pre ordered digital guardian edition and just cannot wait.

Also I would love to hear about this guys meat and fish, as well as his stock portfolio more. Very interesting points!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish for thursday to come, only then will I be able to play

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Here is the funny part. There was a huge open beta. Anyone who bought the game and expected it to be different at release is a fool. There is many like myself who played the beta and enjoyed it. There was a decent amount of content open in the beta and it could be counted as a demo.

So at this point if anyone got the game and is not enjoying it then it is there fault since there was a "Demo" and people had a chance to check it out before buying it.

Also not liking a game dose not make it a bad game. Its different strokes for different fokes.
    I downloaded the beta. Dabbed 20 minutes in it. I didn't really like what I saw, but as it was such an important game for the ATVI stable I didn't mind buying it and didn't want to "spoil" the fun further. Money is no problem.

I am now standing 2 hours and 15 minutes into the game and it is the same lifeless feeling I had in that 20 minute session.

I installed the game at 10u30 AM, downloaded the 170 Megabyte AND the 5.8 Gigabyte extra and the end conclusion came very rapidly: D Minor.

Another one to put on the shelves. Different strokes ... Destiny is the same stroke only with far less story and awesomeness...

Read my post: THIS game is not going to change anything at all. It is just another shooter with actually less attractiveness because of its lack of focus. it will not define anything (like WOW or LOL or Minecraft), it will just stand there between Borderlands, COD, and the 1234 other shooters).

Yes perhaps I should have known, but money is not an issue, LACK of fun and setting is.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-09-09 at 02:45 PM.

I downloaded the beta. Dabbed 20 minutes in it. I didn't really like what I saw, but as it was such an important game for the ATVI stable I didn't mind buying it and didn't want to "spoil" the fun further. Money is no problem.

I am now standing 2 hours and 15 minutes into the game and it is the same lifeless feeling I had in that 20 minute session.

I installed the game at 10u30 AM, downloaded the 170 Megabyte AND the 5.8 Gigabyte extra and the end conclusion came very rapidly: D Minor.

Another one to put on the shelves. Different strokes ... Destiny is the same stroke only with far less story and awesomeness...

Read my post: THIS game is not going to change anything at all. It is just another shooter with actually less attractiveness because of its lack of focus. it will not define anything (like WOW or LOL or Minecraft), it will just stand there between Borderlands, COD, and the 1234 other shooters).

Yes perhaps I should have known, but money is not an issue, LACK of fun and setting is.
    Ur fault you didn't play more then 20mins and no one said this game would change anything. Not every game needs to remake the wheel.

Some like the game and you don't your opinion on the game dose not make it a fact.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So put it away, close this thread, and move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like metacritic for its raw response. I don't expect a whole lot of gaming journalism integrity and impartiality, look I made a funny, from it. I'm interested to see which way the trend goes. Will it pile on like it did with Rage or push into greener, score-wise, pastures?

So this first week should make for some fun reading. /popcornpalooza
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I like metacritic for its raw response. I don't expect a whole lot of gaming journalism integrity and impartiality, look I made a funny, from it. I'm interested to see which way the trend goes. Will it pile on like it did with Rage or push into greener, score-wise, pastures?

So this first week should make for some fun reading. /popcornpalooza
    I'll never take the user score on MT seriously, considering anybody can rate any game they'd want, you don't even need to own it

10+ Year Old Account
    The PvP is pretty fun, although as a hunter it can be extremely unbalanced. Golden Gun is pretty much 3 guaranteed kills if you're good.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the sudden hate wave? It's like people didn't even pay attention during the easily accessible beta.

Personally, I got exactly what I expected, since, y'know, I played beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like PS4 is pushing up into the yellow. That's where the bulk of user reviews are being posted. Other three are still in the red.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Looks like PS4 is pushing up into the yellow. That's where the bulk of user reviews are being posted. Other three are still in the red.
    sorry I came late to the party here but what does this mean?

Idk, I was semi interested in the game, but it wasn't enough for me to get it, and I'm not saying its a terrible game. It just seems like Halo with loot system tacked on, and I wasn't much of a Halo fan.

IS this PS4 only or is it also on PC etc? I've not followed this game at all and am a bit curious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking it up after work today. Like what I have seen and have heard, not to mention this will be the first game I have for PS4. Going to give it a few days before I decide on how I like it, I disliked playing some games when I first started out but to this day still play them because I gave em a chance, Ill be doing the same with Destiny
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The user side of metacritic isn't a very good indicator anyway, just look at Mass Effect 3. Anyone who tells me with a straight face that ME3 is a 5.2 is being an idiot, bad ending or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    sorry I came late to the party here but what does this mean?
    User reviews on Metacritic. Scores are color coded by red/yellow/green.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    User reviews on Metacritic. Scores are color coded by red/yellow/green.
    ah gotcha. never been to that site. seems far too much of a manipulative system