Page 5 of 596 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Recent news ( taken from Screw attack's hard news) Is that the game will be a online MMO for the PC mainly, that wants to expand over a 10 year period. I love MMO's, but the possibilties of playing a FPS with other people in an MMO world.. Just sounds amazing to me. I would love to explore Planet earth with my friends, find old cities and explore them. Etc, It just looks like something thats gonna be really good. More information should be hitting this page shortly, as the internet is being stormed with info on it since bungie just did the full reveal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Recent news ( taken from Screw attack's hard news) Is that the game will be a online MMO for the PC mainly, that wants to expand over a 10 year period. I love MMO's, but the possibilties of playing a FPS with other people in an MMO world.. Just sounds amazing to me. I would love to explore Planet earth with my friends, find old cities and explore them. Etc, It just looks like something thats gonna be really good. More information should be hitting this page shortly, as the internet is being stormed with info on it since bungie just did the full reveal of the game.
    Uh no it is specifically marketed as a console mmo which basically means any PC version will be laughable on a grand scale after it is developed.

You can usually fix bad console port games with mods. This aberration is however not going to be as easy to fix if atall.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Go play Planetside 2, free to play, massive world.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Anyone else thinking that the reason they haven't officially announced it for PC and Next Gen Consoles yet is because they want people to buy it for the 360 and PS3 first, then when the new consoles come out they'll release a new HD version that they have to re-buy if they want fancier graphics? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but with all the shit game companies have been pulling recently, it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Anyone else thinking that the reason they haven't officially announced it for PC and Next Gen Consoles yet is because they want people to buy it for the 360 and PS3 first, then when the new consoles come out they'll release a new HD version that they have to re-buy if they want fancier graphics? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but with all the shit game companies have been pulling recently, it wouldn't surprise me.
    It does sound frighteningly a lot like something that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I find it sad that a company which first made a name for itself on the Mac is trolling PC(and Mac) gamers with the whole "KB+M are dead!" comment.
    i missed that comment, but if they really said that clearly they out of touch with gaming communities.

Who da feck wants to play an FPS with band-aids like auto-aim or aim-assist, like most FPS on consoles have. Just cause the new generation of devs cant play with K+M doesn't mean its dead ^^

this game is for the HALO fanatics, pure and simple, trow in a city that you can see other players, but to play the game you need to queue in for whatever mode you want and add some smartphone apps and call it an MMO, what a joke.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Go play Planetside 2, free to play, massive world.
    ^ This

Wait for Defiance, its TPS, but at least is a proper MMO, with quests, large open world, character advancement, "Arkfalls" (rifts), arena maps, etc...

Kinda funny people were surprised about this...Bungie was making destiny and RPG game b4 they were approached by Microsoft studios to produce one of the Xbox Launch titles. Then within moments of Blizzard saying project "titan" is in the works we here Microsoft has released Bungie completely. Titan AE reference #1 which is ... destiny in a nutshell. Furthermore Bungie would be one of the original creators of a Dungeon Crawler game similar to Diablo, and was one of the things that made Diablo possible. I have high hopes for Bungie atm hopefully both Bungie and Infinity ward will give us a show.
    Creators of Halo and Modern Warfare respectively, both have released TRASH games as their last mainstream releases(Halo Reach & Modern Warfare 3) both of which were made by the respective companies but released by different companies, i.e 343 and Sledgehammer.

Known problems:

Zipper Interactive had the same situation happen after Socom 1, Socom 2, Socom 3, and Socom Combined assault they were either replaced or left to do new things. Key issues after CA was the new developers couldn't make Socom feel like Socom and it was turned into more of a Ghost recon, meanwhile the new Zipper game fell flat and so did their latest Socom release.

Bungie hasn't released anything in forever the new game is basically Planetside 2 and Blizzard is about money not quality. These are some serious issues alone but remember Halo survived right? Halo 4 is abyssmal, Modern warfare 3 is only similar to COD in terms of "streak bonus". This just ruins established franchises where as Destiny needs a lot more than 1 wildly known dev team and 1 seriously amazing dev team.

TLr

This could be a huge flop all things considered. Blizzard and Activision will likely ruin the game way before released w/ always on DRM and such.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Uh no it is specifically marketed as a console mmo which basically means any PC version will be laughable on a grand scale after it is developed.

You can usually fix bad console port games with mods. This aberration is however not going to be as easy to fix if atall.
    Destiny has ZERO links to consoles and Bungie are very familliar w/ the Windows OS's. Halo 1 was made for "xbox"? Yet Halo 1 was best on PC same with Halo 2.

Destiny teaser! (Bungie/Activision FPS MMO) - (main gameplay at E3 PS4 press conf.)

Name says it all.

What I found VERY interesting is the 1:10 mark, where it says the following:

World Gameplay Reveal
    Playstation E3 Press Conference
    June 10, 2013
    [PS4 Logo]

[EDIT: Removed PS4 suggested exclusivity. The link showcases there will be an Xbox One version at their "pre order" screen]

My personal take is that this COULD be something like Xbox did with CoD4 where maybe they get timed exclusive DLCs... but I'll tell you this is a HELL of a lot bigger news than CoD4 and their dog. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-23 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    No it's not ps4 exclusive. Click the annotation at the end to pre-order and you can pre-order on ps4 already.

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy

doubt its an exclusive since stores are taking preoders for xbox

Quite the dull teaser if you ask me. Still anticipating what about an FPS MMO will get me hooked, so I shall continue keeping progress on this game.

Interesting that, according to that link, they're also having a PS3/Xbox 360 version too.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Interesting that, according to that link, they're also having a PS3/Xbox 360 version too.
    Thought this was known for a while now. Releasing for both generation of systems so it includes the vast majority of players. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Quite the dull teaser if you ask me. Still anticipating what about an FPS MMO will get me hooked, so I shall continue keeping progress on this game.
    Well, Im curious as to the three at the end of the scene. One is clearly charging some kind of energy sphere while the others armed guns... coupled with the "the wolf is as good as the pack" narration - makes me wonder if this is some hint towards three "classes" or something?

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Thought this was known for a while now. Releasing for both generation of systems so it includes the vast majority of players. o.o
    I don't think we've heard anything about Destiny yet... let alone what systems they were for.

But yeah, obviously it does make sense at this stage to maximize the player base sales. :P

Well compensation for lag, odd leveling mechanics to keep people in the same range instead of having to shoot someone 50 levels higher with a shotgun in the face 2000 times to kill them, hit detection, interesting progression of guns, viability of different types of guns, and game play getting stale quickly are large factors in the success of this game. FPS have always seemed to be about quick action and drop in and out game play. I'm not sure how interesting it would be to pick up a sniper and not be able to hit a standing target 200 ft away because your "skill" is too low. I've tried various forms of these MMOs, but they always seem to lack in certain areas. From Fallen Earth to Defiance, I can't say I've ever been amazed when playing one of these, but I'm hoping for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else here besides me believe this will be the next major game to come out? We are talking about the studio Bungie, the guys that practically invented multiplayer FPS on the console, partnered with Activision... yes most of us don't like Activision, but having that company backing you up and publishing your games is never a bad thing.

I think this game will become the next big thing, or at least be on par with the current big things (CoD/Halo/Battlefield)
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    yes most of us don't like Activision, but having that company backing you up and publishing your games is never a bad thing.
    The studios they have neutered and closed down would like a word with you. Most of those games even sold well and have review scores over 80. Fingers crossed for Bungie this isn't an expensive flop, because if it is they'll be going down with the ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The studios they have neutered and closed down would like a word with you. Most of those games even sold well and have review scores over 80. Fingers crossed for Bungie this isn't an expensive flop, because if it is they'll be going down with the ship.
    It's Bungie... it won't flop.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    It's Bungie... it won't flop.
    Let's wait and see. They haven't made an MMO before, it's a whole different game to a multiplayer in a (comparatively) small static arena. I may play it, though I'm not much of a console gamer. I probably wont touch Xbox "One" so I'll see how the 360 version is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Let's wait and see. They haven't made an MMO before
    Blizzard and Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15