Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    With FPS specifically - Games like Halo, or call of duty, have very story driven single player campaigns with visually pleasing set pieces and well thought out maps and environments. The levels are split up, and you never spend more than a single mission in the same environment. The monotony is broken up well and the games have a good pace.

With the single player campaign of destiny, you're often re-visiting the exact same buildings for multiple missions even from the get go on old russia. Then, you allow ghost to analyze something - He then says "DARKNESS SOMETHING SOMETHING DARKNESS TRAVELER DARKNESS" and the mission ends and the story is non-existent.
    That´s exactly why you can't compare Destiny´s story to other games like Halo because to be honest HALO had an excellent setting with really interesting stuff like the Spartans, the Covenant and so on. The Halo universe is also pretty fleshed out and you know exactly what the fuck you are doing in those games. Do you know what your purpose in the storyline of Destiny is exactly? Other than "Darkness blabla"? Also the level design really isn't comparable. Destiny´s missions are set in the places you can also visit during patrol so it gets pretty repetitive while games like CoD or Halo have their own mission maps that are different in each mission.

That´s why I think that the campaign in Destiny is so boring because it´s just the same old environment that you are visiting over and over again and the unstoppable cutscenes suck to be honest.

It has been confirmed that a guy has hit the hard level cap of 30 and hes the first one.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ns-Easier.html
    Meanwhile, one Destiny player has managed to reach Level 30. BGTV N3AC3Y became the first person to hit the hard level cap yesterday. There's some stats through here. Congrats! You lunatic.
    http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/...first-level-30
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It has been confirmed that a guy has hit the hard level cap of 30 and hes the first one.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ns-Easier.html

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/...first-level-30
    Saw it a bit earlier today, I can't imagine he didn't have a lot of luck going his way and help from friends however. (the 3 characters was a smart thing of him to do.) Nevertheless, congrats to the guy. Not something I had the drive to do the game got way too samey way too quick and to think XB1 people don't even have as many strikes as we do on PS4 :\.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    Saw it a bit earlier today, I can't imagine he didn't have a lot of luck going his way and help from friends however. (the 3 characters was a smart thing of him to do.) Nevertheless, congrats to the guy. Not something I had the drive to do the game got way too samey way too quick and to think XB1 people don't even have as many strikes as we do on PS4 :\.
    They have 1 less strike then Ps4/Ps3 and that strike is Dust Palace.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have 1 less strike then Ps4/Ps3 and that strike is Dust Palace.
    I've done a lot of strikes and get back to back same a majority of the time. They have less of a chance to get a different one than PS consoles. Imagine if a WoW expansion launched with 5 dungeons? Even the 6 on PS is... lacking.

With FPS specifically - Games like Halo, or call of duty, have very story driven single player campaigns with visually pleasing set pieces and well thought out maps and environments. The levels are split up, and you never spend more than a single mission in the same environment. The monotony is broken up well and the games have a good pace.

With the single player campaign of destiny, you're often re-visiting the exact same buildings for multiple missions even from the get go on old russia. Then, you allow ghost to analyze something - He then says "DARKNESS SOMETHING SOMETHING DARKNESS TRAVELER DARKNESS" and the mission ends and the story is non-existent.
    Yes the story is diffrent, but what are the actuall mission objectiv?
    Then ya they reuse place abit too much I will say too, but most mission is on diffrent places and then patrol = revisit
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Where are people getting the "queen's wrath" strike from? All I see are the bounties which award rep/xp. To be quite fair the 20 blue guns are a nice thing for newer players, I probably did 25 strikes before I replaced "the stranger's pulse rifle", but that's just me.

The Scout rifle in particular is fairly unique, with a zoom perk that i've never seen. The high-impact AR she sells has far more stability than most of the ones i've seen (which is typically their weakness, along with a small magazine). I'm always on the lookout for perks that help out in pvp, you really have to look closely at those bars and perks to get the right "mix". The handcannon she sells has maximum impact and a huge magazine - again not very common.

I have a legendary shotgun and it's claim to fame is reloading faster when it's empty..in PVP that's pointless. If I can't kill someone in 5 shots, I'm dead anyway :P. Currently my favorite gun is a medium-impact/high rate-of-fire AR that turns into a slower high-impact AR when you aim and has a range perk/high stability/34 round clip, best of both worlds - perfection

Just saying, give things a closer look when it comes to PVP.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-23 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Yes the story is diffrent, but what are the actuall mission objectiv?
    Then ya they reuse place abit too much I will say too, but most mission is on diffrent places and then patrol = revisit
    They copied every single Destiny story mission from one Halo level and that level is The Library. Follow a semi annoying robot around that speaks totally in jargon you can hardly understand? Guilty spark. Check. Wait for said robot to open doors while you kill waves of enemies? Check. Reuse the same hallway over and over with minor variations? Check. Lol. They should just rename it The Library: The Game. Cool thing in Halo is usually you have missions just to get to a certain location or driving against a timer like at the end of the maw and its backed by totally new environments for almost every mission and a story mode, starting with the very first Halo title, that actually has substance. Sure you didn't know everything at first but the story actually felt like it was progressing and each individual piece made sense. Meanwhile in Destiny they set up plenty of things like the stranger, Rasputin, the different enemy factions, the Queen/Awoken, the robot people and the Traveler and so on but they actually go on to fill in none of it so you're just as clueless as when you started. It's actually so stupid its comical how the speaker says "I could tell you of the great war..." or the stranger "I don't even have enough time to explain that I don't have enough time" etc and then he/she just doesn't tell you shit because he/she just explained the entire game to you. They hint at a great story and all this history but it just isn't shown.

I think they just saw how well the story of Dark Souls was received and tried to emulate that and fell flat on their faces.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-09-23 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He then says "DARKNESS SOMETHING SOMETHING DARKNESS TRAVELER DARKNESS" and the mission ends and the story is non-existent.
    Thank you for the chuckle. I immediately pictured Something Something Darkside and Peter Griffin as the Guardian.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest flaw I see is the lack of 'play how you like'

As it has been mentioned, the few best ways to get loot are to do Patrols, PvP and Loot Cave. Patrols get repetitive and boring, Running from beacon to beacon only to either analyse or kill dudes then repeat over and over again gets a bit old. I am not a huge fan of PvP in games with stat points and gear ratings, it is never balanced well. And Loot cave is a damn joke, I can't mindlessly stand in 1 place farming the same hand full of enemies for hours. It would drive me crazy.

As others have said, Strike Bosses need to start dropping loot. There has always been 1 rule of boss fights in nearly every video game. Bosses drop the best loot! Taking that away is a bold, but stupid move.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Really the whole loot fiasco/design decisions made me do a triple take to make sure Jay Wilson wasn't the lead developer of Destiny. Almost all of the same mistakes have been made and now the internet is ablaze with hate for the loot system just like last time. It just hasn't hit its peak yet since nobody had a previous Destiny game that it failed to live up to like D3 had compared to D2. You would think that they would have done extensive research on why another loot based game was received badly and how that dev team turned it around. So now we watch history repeat itself. Remember how bosses were a total waste of time and the complaints about that in D3? At least they got PvP into Destiny like they promised on launch unlike Diablo .

Really people keep trying to compare Destiny to other MMO games but they shouldn't be because it's pretty much D3 FPS in space.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-09-23 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Really people keep trying to compare Destiny to other MMO games but they shouldn't be because it's pretty much D3 FPS in space.
    Quests
    Instances
    Raids
    World Events
    Open World
    Loot/Stat Based
    Rep Grinds
    Loot Tokens.

I dunno man, sounds like an MMO to me. Maybe not truely "massive" but a mini mmo if you ask me.

People keep saying "MMO", but lets talk about what that fact actually translates into gameplay-wise without rosy shades. Even WoW has undercut the need for the "massive" part by turning the game into a giant lobby for a large portion of the playerbase, essentially meeting other non-mmos halfway.

I feel like when people throw that word around they are including all of the potential that may or may not be realized.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-23 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Quests
    Instances
    Raids
    World Events
    Open World
    Loot/Stat Based
    Rep Grinds
    Loot Tokens.

I dunno man, sounds like an MMO to me. Maybe not truely "massive" but a mini mmo if you ask me.
    I find the bones of the game to be Halo, CoD and Diablo with MMO fixtures such as raids/daily quests attached to them. Kind of stretching it to call it an MMO when its missing the one ingredient that changes literally everything and that is social interaction. You can't even communicate in game without inviting them to a party chat, you cant trade, clans/guilds are all on external websites. There's nothing massive at all. You actually see more people at once in a BTB game on Halo than you ever see on Destiny in the world. Point being is that it isn't an MMO, its an FPS loot based game with a few ideas taken from everywhere else.

These days WoW, what everyone thinks of when people say MMO, is like the bare minimum to be called an MMO and Destiny is on the wrong side of that spectrum by a lot. Destiny so happens to copy a lot of the features that don't really define an MMO at all. The same ones that make people feel like WoW is getting less social and/or lobby based like said above. The stuff quoted minus raiding/open world doesn't really sound like an MMO in the sense of the genre itself. It sounds like half of a feature list from WoW specifically and its clones.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-09-23 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests
    Instances
    Raids
    World Events
    Open World
    Loot/Stat Based
    Rep Grinds
    Loot Tokens.

It's... it's... OMG ITS A MIN-MO™!!! I totally trademark that right fucking now!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Thank you for the chuckle. I immediately pictured Something Something Darkside and Peter Griffin as the Guardian.
    Just for you =)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting fucking ridiculous. I just turned in 4 legendary engrams + 2 more from Cryptarch. I got 5 blues and a strange coin. I know it's suppose to be rare but what the fuck. Considering how rare legendary engrams are to begin with having to roll RNG again after you get the damn thing and getting a blue 5xs in a row really kills my incentives to keep farming.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It's... it's... OMG ITS A MIN-MO™!!! I totally trademark that right fucking now!!
    You are welcome to coin the term. Just put me in the special thanks section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive...er_online_game

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet.[1] MMOs usually have at least one persistent world, however some games differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.
    I would call it a min-mo because you can indeed interact with people in the persistent world. I can see a guy, stop and invite him to my party and then play together. It's not just a list of players in a roster, nor just lobbies waiting to be fitted with a team. There are people out in the world who I can see, and interact with.

It's just not massive by any means. Hence the min-mo.

I'm just going to repeat something I have said many times. If Guild Wars 1 is a MMO then Destiny is also a MMO. Both do the same thing besides having ur own zone to play in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to repeat something I have said many times. If Guild Wars 1 is a MMO then Destiny is also a MMO. Both do the same thing besides having ur own zone to play in.
    If what I heard was correct. In Guild Wars 1, the only time you saw people outside of your party, was in town. Outside of town, it was you and your party, no one else.

If this is correct, Destiny is more of an MMO than Guild Wars 1 was.

(I only played Guild Wars 2, which was more akin to a real MMO)

If what I heard was correct. In Guild Wars 1, the only time you saw people outside of your party, was in town. Outside of town, it was you and your party, no one else.

If this is correct, Destiny is more of an MMO than Guild Wars 1 was.

(I only played Guild Wars 2, which was more akin to a real MMO)
    You are correct. Any place outside the main hubs was urs alone or anyone who was in ur party.