They aren't dropping support for last gen, they just aren't releasing new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    On the website it explicitly says you need to have The Taken King to play Rise of Iron. Which means just getting the base game won't let you jump straight into the latest expansion even though the previous expansion content will most likely not remain relevant and a lot of it will probably be removed if TTK was any indication.
    As relevant as any past xpac content for mmos besides their upscaling content. Gear from year 2 (ttk) will be compatible to be infused to year 3 max light levels, so unlike year 1 gear becoming semi obsolete (still useful in all but iron banner and trials pvp), you can now keep your favorite gear and weapons and have them stay potent, though I'd guess there will be siva related bonuses as we have taken related bonuses now and poe bonuses in how.

Also like wow, you should expect to have all prior xpacs to play current; just like you couldn't have vanilla and just get wod.

From what I recall from a forum post I was reading on the app, transitioning from PS3->ps4 and 360->xb1 should be simple and easy, your characters are profile linked, not generation limited. Hopefully they allow a free transition within the generation jump, but my guess is it won't be cross platform; you won't have your progress, and I don't see them being that generous, it would be a nice move.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    They aren't dropping support for last gen, they just aren't releasing new content.
    Out of Bungies mouth today PS3 and 360 are officially "in maintenance mode with no future live events or dlc". Its a static unchanging grind till server shut down now.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Out of Bungies mouth today PS3 and 360 are officially "in maintenance mode with no future live events or dlc". Its a static unchanging grind till server shut down now.
    Finally. Hopefully now the game can start to stretch its legs, especially in Destiny 2. I get that they needed to support last gen because they actually started development on them first and too many people were still on last gen for them to ignore when Destiny launched, but it has done nothing but limit and hold back the game.

Now that they are finally ditching last gen (good riddance), we might actually get some decent quality of life changes with Rise of Iron that couldn't be implemented due to memory constraints on the old consoles. And here's to hoping that they really open up the game and make it bigger and grander with Destiny 2. Fingers crossed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Finally. Hopefully now the game can start to stretch its legs, especially in Destiny 2. I get that they needed to support last gen because they actually started development on them first and too many people were still on last gen for them to ignore when Destiny launched, but it has done nothing but limit and hold back the game.

Now that they are finally ditching last gen (good riddance), we might actually get some decent quality of life changes with Rise of Iron that couldn't be implemented due to memory constraints on the old consoles. And here's to hoping that they really open up the game and make it bigger and grander with Destiny 2. Fingers crossed anyway.
    I wouldn't get too excited, they said that the reason they are doing it was because if they kept supporting last gen they would have to remove stuff from the game before they could add new stuff.

So now some sites are reporting they are doing the upgrade option again ....if you bought it digitally. With some sites saying its just the dark below and house of wolves which rather defeats the point since that means you must rebuy the base game, the taken king and rise of iron to keep playing.

I got the base game for my ps4 since thats like £5 now but rebuying the taken king when its already over? yeah thats not gonna happen with so many new games right around the corner release wise.

Long shot here, but looking for players on Xbone. Raid group left for something else, so haven't been able to raid or do anything else that requires a group for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Long shot here, but looking for players on Xbone. Raid group left for something else, so haven't been able to raid or do anything else that requires a group for awhile.
    Destinylfg.com and .net are your friends. Seriously, any Destiny player that wants to do group content should have those pages bookmarked. I've completed more raids than I can count using those sites (more so destinylfg.net).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-08-24 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    FizNpop. Hit me up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Destinylfg.com and .net are your friends. Seriously, any Destiny player that wants to do group content should have those pages bookmarked. I've completed more raids than I can count using those sites (more so destinylfg.com).
    I use Destinyteamfinder.com

It is actually where I found my Clan. We even play other games together and such now too. They have become my permanent gaming crew, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I got tired of playing single player games and asked my buddies what they are currently playing, and they are still going hard in Destiny. So I reinstalled the game, and actually had the most fun in game I have in quite a long time. Spent the weekend grinding out Iron Banner, and loved every moment of it.

If the game continues to entertain me for the next month, i'll likely be getting ROI.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Destiny Dev Still Thinking About Matchmaking for Raids
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des...GSS-05-10aaa0b
    Destiny currently lacks matchmaking support for raids, but it may not be that way forever.

World design lead Steve Cotton told Metro developer Bungie has been "thinking about that a lot," though it has apparently yet to decide if the feature will actually go into the game.

Bungie has heard the calls for raid matchmaking support for years now. In 2014, lead designer Luke Smith said a looking-for-group mechanic is something Bungie "absolutely want[s] to do."

"We would love to get to a place someday where you can advertise your intent to people. Where you can say 'I want to do this. Are you looking to do this with me?' But we have absolutely no plans to do raid matchmaking at this time," Smith said at the time.

In the new Metro interview, Cotton spoke generally about how Bungie responds to fan feedback. He said Bungie is "absolutely listening," but the team often focuses more on new content instead of additional features like matchmaking support for raids. This is not to say Bungie has stopped adding new features to Destiny, as the much-requested private match support is coming with Rise of Iron in September.

"So, I think it's just about us trying to make the things that we think are the most impactful for each release. And constantly looking at stuff that people are talking about," Cotton explained.

You can read the full Metro interview here.

In other news about Destiny and raids, an update for the game's companion app released in May 2016 made it easier to find players for raids.

Rise of Iron comes out on September 20. It's Destiny's fourth expansion, following The Dark Below, House of Wolves, and The Taken King, and the first to be exclusive to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Also launching on September 20 is Destiny: The Collection, a $60 title that comes with the Destiny base game and all DLC, including Rise of Iron.
    All they got to do is add matchmaking for raids and ill come back to destiny...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des...GSS-05-10aaa0b

All they got to do is add matchmaking for raids and ill come back to destiny...
    But it takes very little effort to find a group as is.

You still have to use out of game tools which is a huge turn off to me.

You should not have to use 3rd party tools to find groups outside of any game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should not have to use 3rd party tools to find groups outside of any game.
    This for one thing. And the fact that pugging is no guarantee of success for another. Same arguments for why the hell suramar dungeons in legion should be queueable.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

One does not need a 3rd party tool to get a group. Those 3rd party tools are just more efficient. Considering how FUBAR heroic strike are the raid will be be filled with mass QQ and guaranteed from posters like yourself JT who keeps jumping in to trash talk Destiny.

At this point, they should just add in-game matchmaking for the raids and be done with it. If people want to use it they can, but if they still want to go in with premades, they can do that as well. I myself would probably only ever do whatever the current raid was with a premade group of competent people, but as time goes on and people learn the raid more and get better gear, I'd be much more inclined to use in-game matchmaking to just screw around and have fun.

Arguing that people would bitch about getting mouth breathers with the matchmaking system is not really a good reason to keep it out of the game. That will happen no matter what, regardless of the activity it's assigned to (hell, look at the bitching that takes place with strikes and crucible already). That's no reason to not offer it in the first place though. Put it in the game and let people decide if they feel like it's worth wasting their time on or not. Better to have the choice and choose not to use it, than to not be given the option at all.

Deleted
    I doubt raid matchmaking would be a great experience. Honestly, I'm mostly against it because I know that the whine; and that is what it is at this point. Not being able to find a steady group is at least in part a player issue. Either way, the whine. It'll be worse when it is implemented when group after group fails due to lack of communication, strategy, skill and so forth.

I remember when Bungie add mini-Crota to the Court of Oryx. To this day, people still have more of an issue with this fight than with the more straight forward fights that are in the rotation of Court of Oryx.

Well after going back to try The Division again and seeing that really is garbage thats only gotten worse i uninstalled it from my PS4 and decided to have a look at Rise of Iron. A while back as a PS3 player i was told 'buy the taken king again for £40 to upgrade... then like two months later pay another £40 for rise of iron, what value! and considering i paid £19.99 to upgrade FFXIV from ps3 to ps4 and it included Heavensward that 'deal' could bugger right off so i dropped it.
    Looking now i saw PSN saying 'as you own TTK on PS3 heres the base game as a digital download with every paid update including a rise of iron preorder for £30" along with stuff showing they will finally allow custom matchmaking for the crucible?
    Well after the monotony of another 1-30 experience in The Division and a completely locked down Dark Zone patrolling the Cosmodrone and messing around with Bad Juju and the Supercell as my lightning warlock and shadow hunter had way more appeal so i ended up picking it up.

Now just a 70gb install on dogshit internet. Well i've got 8 days i guess

But its funny how another similar experience can be so bad it gives you a hankering to jump back into another game. The Division in its current state really is the best advert for Rise of Iron Bungie could want.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the latest patch, I really like the weapon balancing. There is a pretty good amount load out of variety being seen in Crucible.

There still are the repeat sightings though. Mida, Last Word, Eyasluna (New Hand Cannon that Rocks!)

Aside from seeing those pretty often, it is pretty much fair game out there. Pulse Rifles are still kicking ass, but now Auto Rifles are actually viable. Scout rifles are good if you get one that you are comfortable with. And Hand Cannons still can 3 shot in medium and short range. For Special Weapons, Side Arms and Fusion Rifles are doing really well. Shot guns are still one hitter quitters, but snipers took a hit. You get flinched much easier now making it difficult to hard scope a lane without getting taken out. Gotta be real good and hidden if you are going to camp. For heavies, since there are only 2 options, both are still just as good as they always were.

All in all, I feel like this is the best weapon balancing they have done yet. So if you are on the fence about the DLC, jump in now and test out the pre-rise of iron weapon balancing to see if you will enjoy the experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    patrolling the Cosmodrone and messing around with Bad Juju and the Supercell as my lightning warlock and shadow hunter had way more appeal so i ended up picking it up..
    Well, you are in luck. Supercell is in a really good place right now. Can't say too much for bad juju since I personally don't like it in PvP. But in PvE it still does it's job of getting you your super charged real fast.

In PvP I find you have to choose your poison. Either increased range (which is quite important in crucible) or increased stability.

I find with out the stability, I suck with it. But with it, I don't have the range to compete with other primaries. Damned if I do, and Damned if I don't.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I've always really liked Bad Juju as the go to patrol weapon. Mid range head shot monster that has infinite ammo and never has to reload. On the moon with all the fallen and hive especially you just never stop firing, though zalos supercell in strikes is a straight up mob lawnmower -at least it was when 290 was the good endgame base number. God knows how it is now with further infusions with the new light cap since i stopped playing after festival of the lost 2015.

-and hopefully FotL 2016 means we get some spooky decorations for armour, my shadow hunter is really falling behind in the activision edgelord race compared to overwatches Reaper and WoWs demon hunters