Bit shitty you need PS Plus to do any multiplayer on the Beta. For the full release fair enough but for a 2 day Beta?

Couple of people I know on PS4 uninstalled it the moment they were done with the 2 missions.

Same with me on XB1. Not gonna throw down a month of gold to play 2 days worth of a game. (Ended up not pre ordering it)
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I take it Titan's lost there bubble as well?

Ill mess with each class and see what one I like the most. Gonna miss the self-revive tho.
    Titan's still have their bubble. The new Sentinel class (replaces Defender) has the ability to pop a Captain America-style shield (by quickly tapping the Super buttons) which you can bash enemies with and throw it as well as use it to create a frontal shield which blocks all incoming damage for you and anyone standing behind you. However, if you hold the Super buttons down longer, you'll still pop the traditional Ward of Dawn bubble. It doesn't give any buffs like it could in D1, but it will block all incoming damage from every angle. In order to get the Ward of Dawn, you have to select a specific perk tree. As of right now, Sentinel is the only subclass in the game that has two options for a single Super like this. It's part of the reason why people are bitching that the Titan is now OP.

I personally don't get all the hate and bitching about Titans being OP. Are they in a good spot right now and probably one of the most well rounded classes? Yes. But Warlocks aren't far behind and a good Warlock can still easily beat a good Titan any day of the week. The only class that isn't doing as well at the moment is Hunter, but even then, there are still a lot of people saying they like what's been done with the Hunter class and are playing it effectively. It's just that their class specific ability isn't as up to snuff as the Warlocks' and Titans' in PvE. It seems most of the anti-Titan bitching is coming from salty Hunters or people who never had any intention of playing a Titan anyway and are jealous of the kit they get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I haven't seen an exact answer yet, so might as well ask, does anything from D1 carry over to D2? If so, does it have to be the same console? I played in PS4 but thinking of swapping to the PC.

Curious if you can like, import character, or keep ships type of thing, all the cosmetics
    You can import your character's looks (the stuff you did on the character creation screen). If you completed certain goals throughout D1, you'll get emblems that you can use in D2. That's all they've told us so far. And in order for any of it to carry over, you have to play on the same system you did in D1, because all the progress is linked to your XBL or PSN account, not your Bungie.net account. So switching from one console to another or going from console to PC will not allow you to retain anything you've earned.

- - - Updated - - -

If u finish the books in Destiny 1 I do believe some cosmetic stuff carries over but that's it.

Also not sure if you can have said stuff carry from PS4 to PC. Characters do not carry over (lore wise they are dead I do believe)
    No, they are not dead. You can continue playing the same Guardian that you did in D1, if you so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Bit shitty you need PS Plus to do any multiplayer on the Beta. For the full release fair enough but for a 2 day Beta?

Couple of people I know on PS4 uninstalled it the moment they were done with the 2 missions.

Same with me on XB1. Not gonna throw down a month of gold to play 2 days worth of a game. (Ended up not pre ordering it)
    Sony and MS are gonna make you pay for their service any way they can :P.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-07-22 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Titan's still have their bubble. The new Sentinel class (replaces Defender) has the ability to pop a Captain America-style shield (by quickly tapping the Super buttons) which you can bash enemies with and throw it as well as use it to create a frontal shield which blocks all incoming damage for you and anyone standing behind you. However, if you hold the Super buttons down longer, you'll still pop the traditional Ward of Dawn bubble. It doesn't give any buffs like it could in D1, but it will block all incoming damage from every angle. In order to get the Ward of Dawn, you have to select a specific perk tree. As of right now, Sentinel is the only subclass in the game that has two options for a single Super like this. It's part of the reason why people are bitching that the Titan is now OP.

- - - Updated - - -

You can import your character's looks (the stuff you did on the character creation screen). If you completed certain goals throughout D1, you'll get emblems that you can use in D2. That's all they've told us so far. And in order for any of it to carry over, you have to play on the same system you did in D1, because all the progress is linked to your XBL or PSN account, not your Bungie.net account. So switching from one console to another or going from console to PC will not allow you to retain anything you've earned.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they are not dead. You can continue playing the same Guardian that you did in D1, if you so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Sony and MS are gonna make you pay for their service any way they can :P.
    Seems so. Guess I can download it for PS4 since I do have Plus for that but to be honest I might just wait and get it on PC at this point. Intending to cancel my PS Plus soon anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 07:04 AM.

My friends are liking Titan. A bit sad I will not have the "soul stone" crutch of the warlock like D1. The warlock seems not bad. Void needs their super to go faster. Have not seen much of hunter as my group went anti-hunter just out of spirit. Might roll one before the end of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    My friends are liking Titan. A bit sad I will not have the "soul stone" crutch of the warlock like D1. The warlock seems not bad. Void needs their super to go faster. Have not seen much of hunter as my group went anti-hunter just out of spirit. Might roll one before the end of beta.
    Warlock self-revive needed to die in a fire (no pun intended). It was super cheesy to have and broke many encounters in D1, as well as gave a crutch to really bad players that encouraged them to keep playing badly. Getting rid of self-rez is one of the best things Bungie did for D2.

And Nova Bomb can travel faster if you choose the second perk tree in the Voidwalker subclass, we just don't have access to that in the Beta.

So I played the beta.

Pros...

1) The game's graphic's amazing.
    2) For what little story was in the beta, It was highly enjoyable.
    3) I like that we have 3 ability's now (Grenade,Special and the 3rd whatever u would call it).
    4) The boss in the strike was cool looking.

Cons

1) Lack of loot is a joke. This is a looter shooter and getting 3 items was boring.
    2) Damage output is a joke. It should not take me a bit over a full clip to kill red named enemy's even more so when I crit them. My grenade is a dam joke in damage. So many enemy's with fire shields and I only had shock weapon's.....
    3) The Cooldown's on all 3 ability's is too high.
    4) The use of your super is extremely short (at lease for the fire warlock) its 3 swings and your done.
    5) I do not like that PVE is suffering so they can balance PVP and try to force it to be a esport.
    6) Same boss fight types as D1 (Big Boss/Shit Ton of Adds).

No opinion on PVP since I didn't play it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Really mixing void spec for hunter, bet its being held back for the Osiris expansion but I'll probably go back to void warlock like in vanilla d1 for now

I'm pretty sure there will still be random loot but since the social space isn't available it wouldn't make much sense for engrams or low quality weapons to drop. Plus it's easier to test when you only have access to specific gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Doesn't seem worth it I guess, to continue on the PS4 I mean. I'll have to try the PC beta to see how it runs first though
    Far as I read the book gives you emblems and banners but hairstyles and cosmetic choices will be different in D2 with existing players being able to carry over their D1 look as an 'I was there you missed out in this' idea.

Cons

1) Lack of loot is a joke. This is a looter shooter and getting 3 items was boring.
    2) Damage output is a joke. It should not take me a bit over a full clip to kill red named enemy's even more so when I crit them. My grenade is a dam joke in damage. So many enemy's with fire shields and I only had shock weapon's.....
    3) The Cooldown's on all 3 ability's is too high.
    4) The use of your super is extremely short (at lease for the fire warlock) its 3 swings and your done.
    5) I do not like that PVE is suffering so they can balance PVP and try to force it to be a esport.
    6) Same boss fight types as D1 (Big Boss/Shit Ton of Adds).

No opinion on PVP since I didn't play it.
    1. The loot is purposely limited for the Beta. Expect there to be a lot more at release.
    2. I agree with the damage output as do most of the people who have tried the Beta. Bungie has already responded and said they will probably be buffing damage numbers in PvE.
    3. Agreed. Bungie hasn't said anything on this matter, but hopefully something is done about it. As it stands, the game is nothing but 95% gunplay which makes it more boring than D1. However, Bungie did say they will be buffing abilities to make them more effective in PvE at the very least, but didn't say anything about decreasing cooldowns.
    4. The supers are limited yes. We think this is because Bungie is balancing everything around PvP and want PvP to be an esport. Sadly, this equates to stupid and/or boring design in PvE. Hopefully they figure out quickly that Destiny has always been more about the PvE experience, with PvP being nothing more than a casual afterthought for most players. So, hopefully Supers get a buff in PvE, both in duration and damage.
    5. Agreed. This is one of the dumbest decisions they could have made, considering it's been proven by Bungie themselves that the vast majority of the playerbase does mostly PvE.
    6. Yeah. Hopefully this gets better since we've only seen one boss fight in the Beta, but I'm honestly not holding my breath on this one.

And PvP is all about primary gun play now and team shooting. Lone wolfing it isn't as good of an idea as it was in D1. And abilities outside of the class specific abilities are basically a joke in PvP, with grenades doing little damage, melees doing little damage, and no one getting their Supers until almost the end of the match. It's all about that gun play right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Really mixing void spec for hunter, bet its being held back for the Osiris expansion but I'll probably go back to void warlock like in vanilla d1 for now
    There's been ZERO confirmation on when we will get the 3rd subclass for each class. We could still get them at launch, or we could get them a year from launch. No one knows yet because Bungie is being Bungie and not telling us shit.

There's been ZERO confirmation on when we will get the 3rd subclass for each class. We could still get them at launch, or we could get them a year from launch. No one knows yet because Bungie is being Bungie and not telling us shit.
    I'm expecting the DLC just because they can charge for it honestly, and the images for each expansion are Osiris and Rasputin and i feel like they would make them tied into Osiris.

Unless we get a Siva spec, which would be rad.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm expecting the DLC just because they can charge for it honestly, and the images for each expansion are Osiris and Rasputin and i feel like they would make them tied into Osiris.

Unless we get a Siva spec, which would be rad.
    If Bungie was smart, they'd give us the 3rd subclass with the base game. However, this is Bungie we're talking about here and they will most likely lock the 3rd subclass behind DLC or the first big expansion a year from release. After all, gotta do something to make people pay more money.

And the chances of a "Siva" spec are almost zero. We're going to get revamped Nightstalker, Sunbreaker, and Stormcaller, guaranteed.

So I played the beta of D2. I hope there are more differences when the game goes live because I don't see anything different. I enjoyed Destiny but what is the point of a new game when all it appears to be is an expansion. Anyway, gameplay was good as usual (although enemies, especially the "bosses", are a bit too spongy)

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    So I played the beta of D2. I hope there are more differences when the game goes live because I don't see anything different. I enjoyed Destiny but what is the point of a new game when all it appears to be is an expansion. Anyway, gameplay was good as usual (although enemies, especially the "bosses", are a bit too spongy)
    Never understood this line of thinking. Of course it's going to feel somewhat like an expansion. Most sequels do. You don't want an entirely different game just so you can say, "it's nothing like the one before it". That's not what a sequel is. You don't take something people like and completely turn it on its head, simply for the sake of being different. That's a sure fire way to piss off your playerbase and make them leave in droves. And there are quite a few differences between D1 and D2 to set them apart as is. They're not all good things atm, mind you, but they are there.

I get that you will have some similarities but I expected some more additions, maybe a new class, heck maybe even have some vehicle fighting with your ships. I imagine there is a lot more to be shown other than this beta, at least I hope so.

1. The loot is purposely limited for the Beta. Expect there to be a lot more at release.
    2. I agree with the damage output as do most of the people who have tried the Beta. Bungie has already responded and said they will probably be buffing damage numbers in PvE.
    3. Agreed. Bungie hasn't said anything on this matter, but hopefully something is done about it. As it stands, the game is nothing but 95% gunplay which makes it more boring than D1. However, Bungie did say they will be buffing abilities to make them more effective in PvE at the very least, but didn't say anything about decreasing cooldowns.
    4. The supers are limited yes. We think this is because Bungie is balancing everything around PvP and want PvP to be an esport. Sadly, this equates to stupid and/or boring design in PvE. Hopefully they figure out quickly that Destiny has always been more about the PvE experience, with PvP being nothing more than a casual afterthought for most players. So, hopefully Supers get a buff in PvE, both in duration and damage.
    5. Agreed. This is one of the dumbest decisions they could have made, considering it's been proven by Bungie themselves that the vast majority of the playerbase does mostly PvE.
    6. Yeah. Hopefully this gets better since we've only seen one boss fight in the Beta, but I'm honestly not holding my breath on this one.

And PvP is all about primary gun play now and team shooting. Lone wolfing it isn't as good of an idea as it was in D1. And abilities outside of the class specific abilities are basically a joke in PvP, with grenades doing little damage, melees doing little damage, and no one getting their Supers until almost the end of the match. It's all about that gun play right now.
    Ya as it stands I won't get it day 1. Ill wait to see if they did enough changes. Moving in a week so going to be money strapped anyway and there is a lot of games in September.

Do hope they fix a lot of the issues.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

So now Best Buy is charging people for cancelled pre-orders. For a glorified demo. What a joke. I expect this shitty practice to become more commonplace since this has been a thing for years. Pre-ordering games just for the "beta" then cancelling it when your code is used.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-07-22 at 09:14 PM.

If Bungie was smart, they'd give us the 3rd subclass with the base game. However, this is Bungie we're talking about here and they will most likely lock the 3rd subclass behind DLC or the first big expansion a year from release. After all, gotta do something to make people pay more money.

And the chances of a "Siva" spec are almost zero. We're going to get revamped Nightstalker, Sunbreaker, and Stormcaller, guaranteed.
    I just want some more rise of iron stuff. Its already been soft confirmed that one of the ships from the russian shipyards with the colour sign 'black' was carrying siva away and its now a mission or strike on nessus where new splicers are showing up inside its derelict the red legions cutting into.

Just some more rasputin lore and siva weapons and i'm happy.

Sounds like a lot of the same issues. That's the problem with shooter based MMOs, the design space is really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    So now Best Buy is charging people for cancelled pre-orders. For a glorified demo. What a joke. I expect this shitty practice to become more commonplace since this has been a thing for years. Pre-ordering games just for the "beta" then cancelling it when your code is used.
    Not to sound like I am defending Best Buy (I'm not its shitty as fuck they did this). But people wouldn't deal with shit like this if they would stop pre-ordering games. Destiny 2 had a open beta starting yesterday (21st).

I get pre-ordering CE's but if people stopped pre-ordering basic copy's then these issues wouldn't happen.

To be clear once more not defending best buy, Its shitty as fuck they did this.