I'll defiantly be looking out for the 5 scout rifle mission to get the Mida multi tool rifle.

May as well start off pvp with it and see how you go from there. Been awhile since I played Halo 1,2,3 will be fun to just shoot at people again with that engine

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Have destiny 2 pre-installed and ready to go. I hope the launch is smooth.
    Same.

Small advice for everyone that's going to play - if you're using a Technicolor modem/router, be aware that there may be issues with the game (frequent disconnects/return to orbit). This comes from the fact that the manufacturer by default reserves the 3704 port for other kind of connections and Destiny 2 uses that port - you cannot simply port forward it. Here in Italy there are 2 major providers using that router brand so you can either ask for a replacement or follow guides on the internet to change your router configurations.

I have done it beforehand, hopefully i won't have the same issues i had with the beta.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    If you are looking to get geared quickly, upon reaching max level (20) do NOT complete your big milestones (they reward "powerful engrams") until you are as high power level as you can be. you do this because those engrams drop gear higher then what you are up to light 300. try to get atleast 265 if you can before doing these, but if you arent trying to max out as fast as possible, dont worry about it, just do what you want
    i remember someone talked about that ealier in this thread, but I dont remember. How do you know they are big milestone, I remember vaguely blue quest or something? Could you explain that a bit more, thank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    i remember someone talked about that ealier in this thread, but I dont remember. How do you know they are big milestone, I remember vaguely blue quest or something? Could you explain that a bit more, thank!
    If the reward says, Powerful Engram, do not complete those until you are at least 265. Unless you are not close to 265 and Tuesday is right around the corner. On Tuesdays all mile stones reset.

Also, once you complete the campaign, you will see that each planet now has a quest marked with a blue icon. I'd also suggest waiting until you are at least 265 to complete them. Specifically, the one on Earth.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If the reward says, Powerful Engram, do not complete those until you are at least 265. Unless you are not close to 265 and Tuesday is right around the corner. On Tuesdays all mile stones reset.

Also, once you complete the campaign, you will see that each planet now has a quest marked with a blue icon. I'd also suggest waiting until you are at least 265 to complete them. Specifically, the one on Earth.
    Alright thank. Yeah those blue markers were the things I remembered from earlier discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when does the game open on Pc?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    So when does the game open on Pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very curious to see how many people will be playing on PC, and within a months time, how many are still playing on PC.

I am very curious to see how many people will be playing on PC, and within a months time, how many are still playing on PC.
    Eh no matter what there is going to be a drop-off after the initial launch. As long as I personally enjoy the game that's all that matters.

I already know my playtime will be minimal due to my limited free time. After this week my own play time will drop to maybe one or two couple hour sessions every few weeks.

Well, first DLC is going to hit consoles/PC at the end of November/start of December, so basically one month after I'm sure there will be a dropoff, but honestly a) what kind of game nowadays has long term player retention and b) i don't care who or how many people play as long as i have fun.

I'm really curious about how the game will fare in a year from now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I already know my playtime will be minimal due to my limited free time. After this week my own play time will drop to maybe one or two couple hour sessions every few weeks.
    Same, though the idea is to just go "slow and steady" because i don't care about reaching stuff before anyone else. I have some friends playing with me and all have more or less the same free time I think i'm lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh no matter what there is going to be a drop-off after the initial launch. As long as I personally enjoy the game that's all that matters.
    I would agree, if this wasn't a game that heavily relies on Multiplayer. Less players makes it harder to do activities.

With what you said your schedule is, I wouldn't even both with this game. You will likely get very bored with it, and move onto something that is designed to be picked up and put down. This game depends on you keeping up with it, but also fails at that at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Same, though the idea is to just go "slow and steady" because i don't care about reaching stuff before anyone else. I have some friends playing with me and all have more or less the same free time I think i'm lucky.
    The problem is, when you do reach that level where you need people to play with (Night Falls, Raids, Trials) you won't have anyone to do those activities with.

More or less, once you complete the campaign, and complete the Adventures, the only things left are things you need people to play with, aside from regular Crucible, which as well, with less of a player base can be less fun.

The problem is, when you do reach that level where you need people to play with (Night Falls, Raids, Trials) you won't have anyone to do those activities with.

More or less, once you complete the campaign, and complete the Adventures, the only things left are things you need people to play with, aside from regular Crucible, which as well, with less of a player base can be less fun.
    I agree with this. Though if the game playerbase drops at the point you cannot do group activities or it becomes really hard, then the game has to be really crap and at that point i don't think i'll be playing, likely i'll have stopped before this happens.

I just hope it doesn't end abandoned in a short time (by Bungie). I don't aim to play it 3k+ hours. Jumping in and out every some days while i play other stuff in the meanwhile is the best deal i can get given my free time; if this also doesn't hinder my progression to much it's a plus. Anyway given how easy is the beginning of the game, i can see lots of people just abandoning it in a few days because "i've done everything". I just think half the fault is on Bungie, and half on players.

I would agree, if this wasn't a game that heavily relies on Multiplayer. Less players makes it harder to do activities.

With what you said your schedule is, I wouldn't even both with this game. You will likely get very bored with it, and move onto something that is designed to be picked up and put down. This game depends on you keeping up with it, but also fails at that at the same time.
    Yeah I understand what you're saying, I watched a lets-play of the campaign and understand the actual raids are out of my range.

I hope to join a noob friendly clan and just treat the game as an investment for if and when I get playtime again. It must be from my WoW days but even when I wasn't raiding I still loved to min-max my characters, which just pulled my back into raiding. I don't mind monotony, I enjoy the grind but I also understand I will be far behind people who play daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any sort of decent resource site for Destiny 2? The places I found so far are either Reddit or Official forums which are basically a bunch of tears and trolling or various sites which just do the token job of listing ingame descriptions and calling it a day.

I agree with this. Though if the game playerbase drops at the point you cannot do group activities or it becomes really hard, then the game has to be really crap and at that point i don't think i'll be playing, likely i'll have stopped before this happens.

I just hope it doesn't end abandoned in a short time (by Bungie). I don't aim to play it 3k+ hours. Jumping in and out every some days while i play other stuff in the meanwhile is the best deal i can get given my free time; if this also doesn't hinder my progression to much it's a plus. Anyway given how easy is the beginning of the game, i can see lots of people just abandoning it in a few days because "i've done everything". I just think half the fault is on Bungie, and half on players.
    On the plus side PC players don't have to wait as long as console players have waited for the upcoming DLC so the player dropoff may not be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Any sort of decent resource site for Destiny 2? The places I found so far are either Reddit or Official forums which are basically a bunch of tears and trolling or various sites which just do the token job of listing ingame descriptions and calling it a day.
    Honestly D2 doesn't really have many resources you need. Do the story and everything after rewards tokens for vendors that give legendaries. just ask around and theres about 3 legendaries that are the absolute best -which is part of the problem with the new fixed loot drops- and the exotics just drop from exotic engrams or specific post story quests.
    Just do the adventures on the map before story missions to keep your level up and after that each world has its own blue icon questline to do. Thats it. Its lost a lot of complexity from the first -probably because of a different audience coming in- so all you really need to remember is the 3 armour stats are >regen>resilience>>>>>>>>>>mobility. Thats it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de...source=twitter
    Destiny 2 isn't going to have a Halloween event this year. Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague told a fan on Twitter that while there won't be a Festival of the Lost event this year, it could happen this time next year.

"No, Sir," Dague told the fan who asked directly if there would be a Festival of the Lost event in Destiny 2 this year. "We may see it again someday but Season 1 has been about launch and ritual activation. The first event for Destiny 2 is The Dawning."
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

On the plus side PC players don't have to wait as long as console players have waited for the upcoming DLC so the player dropoff may not be as bad.
    Yes. Reason why to me console launch looks to me more like a needed agreement with Sony than anything else.

Yes. Reason why to me console launch looks to me more like a needed agreement with Sony than anything else.
    I would say it was most likely Activision said to get the game out. Based on the old info and rumors we was suppose to get Destiny 2 last year but Destiny 1 went thought hell and delayed everything by a year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would say it was most likely Activision said to get the game out. Based on the old info and rumors we was suppose to get Destiny 2 last year but Destiny 1 went thought hell and delayed everything by a year.
    Got any proof for that. Sorry but don't trust someone who can't even get to 300 light