10+ Year Old Account

I feel like there is something wrong with my computer...

So I bought the Hp Envy because it had an AMD six core 3.3 ghz, 10 gb RAM, 1gb of Radeon hd 7450(I believe it is integrated but not sure) and it won't even play fair graphics on WoW? It would seem that it could be on good with no problem. Am I a fool for buying a junk computer?

Radeon 7450 isn't suitable for gaming. What made it "seem" that it could run WoW on good settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but pretty much yeah.

I'm assuming you have a Phenom II X6 1075T CPU, or something thereabouts. It's 'decent' at best, and on par with Intel's last generation i5s, and below current generation i3s (the $120 ones). The 7450 is a pretty bottom of the barrel GPU, and considered a 'media' video card. It's great for playing movies, but not much else. The Envy I believe is one of those 'all in one' deals (I think?). If it is, those things are almost never good for gaming.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I guess I am stupid to believe that if it said 1 gb of video memory would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video memory is like ram. It pretty much 'does what it's supposed to' until you run out. Simply having more doesn't make a game run better. It's when you start running out that's an issue.

Think of it like tires on a truck. Adding more tires may let you carry more, but certainly doesn't make it go faster on an empty load.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    The processor is AMD FX(tm)-6120 Six-Core Processor 3.5ghz.

Yeah I think I will return it and see if I can get a good build for fairly cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnink View Post
    AMD FX(tm)-6120
    Oh thats uh.. actually worse than what I thought it was >.>

How much did you pay for the system? Is it possible for you to build something?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get the money back and give us the budget of what you spent on it we can probably advise a build that you could put together yourself (it really isn't hard just takes a bit of time and care the first time around) that would blow that out of the water. If you go to the sticky threads there is one about computer build help template, fill one of those out (amend it to the original post preferably) and we can work from there.