Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    You don't have to recode the game in order to remove assets. Also they did revamp the whole Azeroth back in Cata yet they didn't take Kara Crypts out. Again, they are keeping Crypts on purpose.
    No, they didn't revamp the whole of azeroth, Deadwind pass and what's underneath it were left the same, It was put in the game files because they were going to use it, they then decided they wasn't going too, so sealed it up, that's it, there is no secret trail that Blizz wanted people to follow, hence why there has been so many different ways in that have been blocked up, what would be the point in spending time finding, and sealing these ways in, if they wanted you to find it....? Exactly, :P

Deleted
    I've been kicked out of a few places by GM's, but it was back when GM's actually had to have a presence in the game, hyjal for example has always had a zone with some stuff in it, but obviously unfinished, it's the same as before cata you use to be able to get into the emerald dream.

now tho it all depends if you get found/seen by a GM, then it depends on the GM, some GM's will give a suspension for exploiting, but the majority will give you a slap on the wrist.

Possibly, but most likely not, I've been every possible place, gm island, crypts, old hyjal, old zg, wall walking place, going under SW, etc, and I've been there multiple times during vanilla/bc, and I haven't been suspended or banned once. I haven't really bothered since I came back at the end of wrath though, so maybe things have changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    People have been in there before and nothing bad happened to them. As long as you don't hack they could care less.

Also, to the people saying "why is it in there if you're not supposed to be there"... It's there because it was going to be apart of the game. You don't go back in and recode the game to take out something so small. It would be a waste in resources to take it out, and they might actually want to revisit it someday in the future.
    This excuse is really getting old. It slowly feels like anything that blizz cant be arse about is covered with that excuse. Also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFle-T6TQmk

- I'm fairly sure that Blizzard has same type of software to edit the world in their posession.
    - I'm also fairly sure that they also have a employee that could figure out this editor in a matter of minutes.
    - I'm almost convinced that doing this to Kara Crypts wouldn't tear apart their resources.

If you seriously trying to convience me that few swops of mouse here and there takes too much resources from blizzard then you are in a denial.

Has / did anyone do the escaping blackwing lair into searing gorge whilst still inside the instance? (Unsure of whether it still works but i would not attempt to try it as it may have caused some advantages if against other players >_>)

Deleted
    If some douchebag reports you while in there, then yes. They could, but the chances are close to 0...I think the highest danger you could run in to is aGM requesting you to leave the area.

inb4 lvl 95 kara crypts.

Quote Originally Posted by Togasa View Post
    Has / did anyone do the escaping blackwing lair into searing gorge whilst still inside the instance? (Unsure of whether it still works but i would not attempt to try it as it may have caused some advantages if against other players >_>)
    Umm.... what are the advantages to you being the only one in a instanced zone within the raid? I'm sure you could still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    No, they didn't revamp the whole of azeroth, Deadwind pass and what's underneath it were left the same, It was put in the game files because they were going to use it, they then decided they wasn't going too, so sealed it up, that's it, there is no secret trail that Blizz wanted people to follow, hence why there has been so many different ways in that have been blocked up, what would be the point in spending time finding, and sealing these ways in, if they wanted you to find it....? Exactly, :P
    They did revamp the whole Azeroth because they had to allow Flying, amongst other things. While some zones were not completely changed in order to fit the expansion's theme, they did mess with the whole Azeroth quite a bit.

Crypts are in the game for years, so why would they spent so much time policing people that are going to exploit it anyway and did not just remove it since they had the chance?... Exactly.

To expand on what I was saying. Programmers code the game and create tools so the art and design department can do their work. You will be surprised on how easy is to place or remove Lion's Pride Inn (for example) anywhere in the world. If you get your hands in a Sandbox version of the game, you would see many random things and many assets thrown here and there, mostly for reference reason and testing. They remove most of them in the release version. Hell, you can even see that on PTR.

Do you know how many things and even places like Karazhan Crypts put into the game files yet they got removed simply because they were not needed? But why didn't they remove KC yet? I think the main reason why they still keep it in, is because over the years it became like a mystery, a legend if you will. And yes it became an Easter Egg.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....I thought rouges went there during the dagger questline. Have I been misinformed?

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Umm.... what are the advantages to you being the only one in a instanced zone within the raid? I'm sure you could still do it.
    Long story short, if you queued into a BG you were able to instantly ressurect after dieing... >_>

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    They did revamp the whole Azeroth because they had to allow Flying, amongst other things. While some zones were not completely changed in order to fit the expansion's theme, they did mess with the whole Azeroth quite a bit.

Crypts are in the game for years, so why would they spent so much time policing people that are going to exploit it anyway and did not just remove it since they had the chance?... Exactly.

To expand on what I was saying. Programmers code the game and create tools so the art and design department can do their work. You will be surprised on how easy is to place or remove Lion's Pride Inn (for example) anywhere in the world. If you get your hands in a Sandbox version of the game, you would see many random things and many assets thrown here and there, mostly for reference reason and testing. They remove most of them in the release version. Hell, you can even see that on PTR.

Do you know how many things and even places like Karazhan Crypts put into the game files yet they got removed simply because they were not needed? But why didn't they remove KC yet? I think the main reason why they still keep it in, is because over the years it became like a mystery, a legend if you will. And yes it became an Easter Egg.
    *facepalm* Ok mister programmer who clearly works for blizzard so knows it's an "loleasteregg" I'll stop because you're like a brick wall xD

Quote Originally Posted by Togasa View Post
    Long story short, if you queued into a BG you were able to instantly ressurect after dieing... >_>
    You know it's been like....7 years, right? >,.><>,..-.<><>><><>-.<<>/..-..,-><_

As long as no body see you doing it you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    You know it's been like....7 years, right? >,.><>,..-.<><>><><>-.<<>/..-..,-><_
    As far as I know it worked in wrath.

http://i.imgur.com/ECvmm8U.jpg

Check GM's answer

If you dont dare click an imgur link, The GM suggests me NOT to go down there as it COULD be considered exploiting even if its harmless.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-02-13 at 07:37 PM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

to be dead honest, been in every place in wow that your not supposed to be in via speed hacks, still never even once got a warning.

Deleted
    Back in TBC I remember GM telling me that I wasn't supposed to be UNDER Stormwind. I apologized and left with haste Didn't get banned though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbear View Post
    Back in TBC I remember GM telling me that I wasn't supposed to be UNDER Stormwind. I apologized and left with haste Didn't get banned though!
    I miss that, I used to do that before Cata came out often. Only had a few months to enjoy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbear View Post
    I remember doing that in Wrath, haven't been banned.

It was rather funny to jump through the ground beneath SW and end up in the Mage Tower.