Heroic Lei Shi (10) - Assistance needed!

Hello all:

Our guild had start working on Lei Shi this week and after two nights of attempts the best we got her down was to 20% before she hit enrage...lol.

Our comp is as follows:

Tanks:
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally

Healers:
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shammy
    Alt Resto Druid (this is our 3rd healer which is usually our top dps on his affliction lock)

DPS:
    Affliction Lock (currently healing when we 3 heal)
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    BM Hunter
    Fury Warrior
    Blood DK (person stacking the high stacks outside) - usually he is Frost

Sub:
    Another Hunter

The first night we tried 3 tank/2 heal and tonight we tried 3tank/3heals - On our best attempt, we had DK/Hunter/Fire Mage do stacks. At first we were having problems with the adds running lose and gibbing healers, but later attempts it seems like it was getting better. Also, I believe that our uptime on scary fog on the boss is not the best or our stacks were not high enough.

Just wanted to get some input on what has worked for groups that have killed this boss before.

Our logs: http: // w w w.wo rldoflogs. c o m/guilds/138106/ (can't post links yet )

Thanks in advance !

If the buff drops from the boss at any point, you're going to hit the enrage. If that's happening at all, then that's your problem. This fight is entirely about stack management.

For add phases, Druid should shadowmeld at the start of every one they can, and pop the thing that roots when they get hit on others. Priest can fade, Shaman can do root totem thing I think. Pally can BoP.

We also went with three tanks and three healers.

We do the 3 tank strat too. We let our mage/lock go up to around 10 before resetting, while our Blood DK keeps his stacks rolling the entire fight. Once our mage and lock have reset the DK starts coming in to the boss, then running out to refresh his stacks. Once he is hitting 20 stacks the add phases last a few seconds and the boss gets demolished. We've done it with 2 heals and 3 heals before (easy to 2 heal with a Disc, I did 70k DPS and 100k HPS as Disc) and it was pretty tight with 3 heals. The DK has to never drop his stacks and make sure he is getting as much uptime on the boss as possible.

We do 2 tank 3 heal and a very simple fog strategy.
    On the pull healers stagger in to put Fog on the boss. ie. Priest at 1 stack, Druid at 2 stack, Paladin at 3 stack.
    Warlock goes to 10 stacks. He puts his stacks on the boss/adds and portals in and out to refresh his stacks before they fade.
    Myself on hunter stays out and work on getting my stacks to 20 ASAP. After the warlock drops his stacks I take over doing the same thing.
    Disengage out at 18 seconds on Fog, portal back in when refreshed. Refresh as protectors are spawning.

With just one person having Fog stacks it is pretty easy to keep them up. I was going to buy stam trinkets but they weren't necessary. Hunter takes 15% reduced damage and 10% increased healing passively. On Get Away! with high fog stacks I use deterrence so I take 0 damage.

That made the fight very easy for us. And also avoiding the confusion of assigning/marking CC and just getting everyone to spam every bit of CC that they have when adds spawn. That helped.

edit: video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_walV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by mediic; 2013-02-13 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    We do 2 tank 3 heal and a very simple fog strategy.
    On the pull healers stagger in to put Fog on the boss. ie. Priest at 1 stack, Druid at 2 stack, Paladin at 3 stack.
    Warlock goes to 10 stacks. He puts his stacks on the boss/adds and portals in and out to refresh his stacks before they fade.
    Myself on hunter stays out and work on getting my stacks to 20 ASAP. After the warlock drops his stacks I take over doing the same thing.
    Disengage out at 18 seconds on Fog, portal back in when refreshed. Refresh as protectors are spawning.

With just one person having Fog stacks it is pretty easy to keep them up. I was going to buy stam trinkets but they weren't necessary. Hunter takes 15% reduced damage and 10% increased healing passively. On Get Away! with high fog stacks I use deterrence so I take 0 damage.

That made the fight very easy for us. And also avoiding the confusion of assigning/marking CC and just getting everyone to spam every bit of CC that they have when adds spawn. That helped.

edit: video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_walV...ature=youtu.be
    Mmm I would rather heal a blood DK than a hunter through 20 stacks personally. Also during protect phases our blood DK grips, marks and stuns a target for the raid to kill. As he is tanking it he always gets his stacks up instantly and the add dies in <5 seconds.