Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Rogue FOTM Swarm Incoming.

Hey,

I haven't tested the new rogue buffs/changes on PTR, but i assume that rogues get a pretty nice buff in patch 5.2.

Last week Random BGs and arena's are suddenly overrun by a massive amount of sub and Ass rogues, which bothers me a lot. I've been doing some arena this season and i've only encountered one rogue before last week, and now suddenly they are everywhere (Arena , Bgs )! The Warrior ratio in Bgs has really dropped aswell, it's almost like they vanished into thin air ...

For starters i found Rogues this past season quite oke 2 play as far as i'm concerned they where pretty balanced if you had some Malv. pieces.
    Currently i play Combat in pvp for the simple fact that my function in BGs was pure objective based ( WSG, TP -> flag defender/retreiver and AB - BOG -> Stealth capper ) and Combat provides that extra burst to take out a flag carrier or his healer before they even know what is going on . But my greatest frustration is the fact that all These FOTM Rogue rerollers that stay in the middle and just score killing blows. From my point of view Rogue has a major tactical advantage over every other class ( Druid also ) in Battlegrounds and it's sad to see that no one uses these advantages.

I wish blizz never nerfed warriors

So can anyone please tell me what all the fuzz is about on PTR ? !

15+ Year Old Account
    I love to see more people play Rogue, we have a lack of them.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

A slight increase in the rogue population will be good, but not like yesterday BGs where really flooded.

I played a few BGs yesterday and one of them was just like WTF IS THIS **** !! o_O. It was a WSG our team had 6 rogues (including me) and alli side even had 7. It was completely retarded tbh, midfield kidney shot / cheap shot fest ! After some of them died it moved to the Alli Gy for some shadowstep unto the GY kidney shot fest ... Winning the BG wasn't that hard because me and a shaman just ran the flags while 90% of the other players where too busy stunning eachother. But if this is just a taste of things too come ... And in every other bg at least 3-4 rogues at each side !!! Bring back Warriors pls !!!

I've never been able to understand the mentality of hipster class players in WoW that endure through what's considered dark periods for their class and then get pissed at people who come back when the class is strong again. Is it that hard to grasp why people don't want to play a weak class? It seems like a very simple concept in a competitive gaming environment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are a bit too strong on the ptr rn, I have died just by getting stun locked as a healer:/.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Rogues are returning CATACLYSM style.... stunlock xSUPREME lvl 99999 wth... escape lvl 100000000000000000000000000000000000..... yey... compared to the amount of dmg they do this is bullshit!

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    rogue always been my 2nd toon of intrest.. with the foresight on new patch i might even play him more then now.
    although i stil keep my spriest as main. am i fotm reroller now to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberpiggie View Post
    So can anyone please tell me what all the fuzz is about on PTR ? !
    Basicly Cataclysm rogues on steroids.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    They are still boring to play, so why bother?

People only play because they can roll strong classes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Basicly Cataclysm rogues on steroids.
    With the exception that they can be killed within a stun which couldn't happen in Cataclysm.

They got nice buffs to stick on their target more easily, but not even close to the Cataclysm legendary status. Still a good kill target as it is now.

I've been maining my rogue from 5.0, and it was bad, frustrating and really got me down. I haven't tried the PTR, but what I hear I'll have a little payback for all those free kills I've given people.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    With the exception that they can be killed within a stun which couldn't happen in Cataclysm.

They got nice buffs to stick on their target more easily, but not even close to the Cataclysm legendary status. Still a good kill target as it is now.
    I still don't get why that can't be fixed. No one and I mean no class and no player should die in one stun. A controlled chain? Yes, but dying in a shock wave is not fun.

id take fotm rogues over warriors and jesuscats any day of the week, simply because you actually have to know what you are doing to go 2400 with a rogue, while as warriors/cats you just mash your face in the keyboard with great conviction.

I doubt Rogues will go live in their current iteration, but I've been shocked before.

That said, the Rogue community is quite small. I've got Lockboxes piling up around me as I try to find a Rogue to open the damn things. There are literally none in Orgrimmar!

Could anyone explain why rogues are immensely powerful on the PTR? Does anyone have any statistics? Any data? Anything what-so-ever? No? How shocking.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Could anyone explain why rogues are immensely powerful on the PTR? Does anyone have any statistics? Any data? Anything what-so-ever? No? How shocking.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rzn732 click videos

When 5.2 PTR first started out with all of the rogue changes, everyone played a rogue and melted faces.

Currently on PTR though, rogues have been overshadowed by most other classes and are no longer heavily dominant in random BGs. Not sure if its because rogues are no longer powerful (nerfs) or because no one wants to play a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    PvP 4-set for rogues was 50 energy (now 30 energy).

New Talent - Marked for Death (60s CD) - Adds 5 CP to your current target, if your target dies within 60s the CD is reset.

Preparation - now baseline.

Cloak of Skill - 60s CD (no longer reset by Prep)

Probably some other changes that I forgot.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-13 at 11:35 AM.

Bad players overreacting to nerfs leaving the class / bad players overreacting to buffs and rerolling the class.

Nothing new.

Deleted
    No offense but... who are you and what gives you the right to be a Rogue and not other people?

Meh... I started a rogue 2 weeks ago simply because it's the only class I never leveled. I tried 3-4 times but never got past 25. Maybe it was the spec I didn't like, maybe I expected too much, who knows. I tried it again and told myself I'd stick with it. Picked Assas (never tried it before) and now I'm 74 and having a BLAST. The most fun I've had leveling any class. Top DPS in dungeon, Great fun in PVP (ninja bunkers in AV!)

Won't make it my main as I have tank blood in my veins but it's going to be in my top 2 for sure.

Deleted
    I play a rogue myself, and it was my main before MoP, and tbh, I like the class more now than I did in cata. It's not as OP now... Next patch all the baddies will come and make rogues mainstream again