Is this a good gaming desktop

Enermax Fulmo GT
    Exterior: Not Painted
    Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
    ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 4-WaySLI capable)
    ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 360 Sealed Liquid Cooling System - High Performance Push/Pull
    Overclocked Intel Extreme Edition Core i7 3970X 4.5GHz - 5.2GHz LGA 2011 Hex-Core Processor (15MB L3 Cache)
    1.5 Kilowatt EVGA Supernova NEX1500 Classified w/Sleeved Cables
    Quad 4GB GDDR5 EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIFIED
    ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
    64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (8x8GB)
    Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
    RAID 0: For better speed and performance (2 or more identical drives needed)
    4TB Western Digital Black SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
    14X Blu-ray Disc (BD) Burner (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD/BD) (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    14X Blu-ray Disc (BD) Burner (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD/BD) (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
    CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra
    AeroCool Touch 2000 - Touch LCD, Temperature Display and Fan Controller
    ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    Linksys Wireless-N USB Network Adapter with Dual-Band
    Avermedia Live Gamer HD
    ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
    3 Year Part Replacement and Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
    ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive
    3 Year Evolve Part Upgrade Service with Free Shipping

Price 8,881

Would be better to have a SSD hard drive, not Raided, and then have 3 of the 4TB hard drives to store files and such. Run current game off the SSD with the OS. 2 cents...
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

Its good, but that's ridiculously overkill for pretty much any game on the market right now and in the near future.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you mean dollars? You can get a pc that will play any game on max for just WAAAY under that. 1500-2000 would be a killer pc.

Deleted
    I'm looking for a new videocard (for triple monitor), so I found a lot of info about the 680. The 4GB of VRAM don't add much due to the limited speed of the card, so it never gets to use all of it and seems to perform almost the same as the 2 GB version. Might save you some money... I'm a fan of NVIDIA, but you could consider going for the AMD 7970 GHz which has 3GB, in case you need the VRAM

And I agree with Calgus, a SSD is awesome!

You need this build for 7680x1440 Eyefinity right ?

Someone already said it, $1,500-2000 is a good gaming desktop. This is just overkill for everything you could want to do on a personal computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez almost 9000$ and it don't even include 2x top end video cards, a decent sized ssd, and a custom loop watercooler.
    That psu is ridiculously overkill and then some for the parts you have listed.
    If you seriously have that much cash to blow get a htpc as well since burning bluray movies is just not worth the time or effort.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2013-02-13 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 posts, almost similar, quoting absurdly configured originpc systems... I can't tell if it's advertising spam or not.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a good gaming PC?

Posts the most obscene gaming PC i have ever seen.

Is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Jeez almost 9000$ and it don't even include 2x top end video cards, a decent sized ssd, and a custom loop watercooler.
    If you seriously have that much cash to blow get a htpc as well since burning bluray movies is just not worth the time or effort.
    It has 4x GTX 680s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    4 GTX 680's aren't top end enough? o.O

Anyway, seriously overkill.

No SSDs. Sucks donkey balls.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    ignoring the obvious trolling,

worse SLI setup compared to mine, less drives, no SSD, but costs several thousand more

after some more thought:

-with 4x 4TB drives in RAID0 you will have issues with win7 installing, as it doesn't natively support GPT boot
    -the R4E doesn't need a fan controller, it has one of the best out there built in
    -the Xonar STX is a better soundcard
    -blueray burners are pointless
    -you will have temperature problems with 4 GPUs stacked unless they are watercooled

so, considering the configuration, and the cost, its not a good desktop, and its a terrible waste of money if you're only looking to game
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-02-13 at 11:06 AM.

16TB of hard drive memory is way over kill. I am struggling to fill 1 lol and you will never fill that with games, and you should never keep that much work material on it either I would suggest. The processor is way above what is needed, I mean for video editing and stuff like that it would be useful, but games will not require that for a good few years yet. The graphics card is nice. 2 bluerays really needed?

Anyway a lot of over kill, Go with the suggestions build one for 1/4 the price with damn near the same spec out side of the over kill and water cooling. And if you are scared of fucking it up, you have 4 trys before going over budget.

O and just noticed the lack of SSD, very dumb to call it a high end custom pc with out one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ask the question twice linking extremely overpriced and overkill computers, why don't you just use the template and let us find a computer for your needs?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I think these are just troll posts. Feel free to PM me if they're not. Closing.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-02-13 at 01:43 PM.