Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Horde are supposed to be BAD/EVIL. Garrosh is the best thing to happen to the Horde.

Do you really want a game where each faction is a shade of grey....

I for one welcome the time when Horde has playable fel orcs, Teron Gorefiendesk Undead, Bloods Elves akin to the ones lead by Kael and Blood Thirsty Trolls/Ogres like in Warcraft 2.

Honestly this game has lost it's way when it comes to opposing factions and the drive to play them. I see threads trying to find morality in the horde when the race would be more fun to play and play against if the dynamic was a race filled with evil mofo's.

I for one welcome more characters like garrosh in the future.

Crossing my fingers for a return of demonic influence to the horde, a rise of Soulless undead(not the treehugging kind we have now).

Not Pandas.

Or we can kill the only leader that shows any sign of demonic influence and craves bloodlust for a Tauren and we can all sing koom by yah.
    Is this the horde you really want to play? Or play against? Might as well remove the Sith from any starwars game since that is pretty much what blizzard is doing to wow with these shades of grey.

/rant.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-02-13 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like to play a more intently evil faction which is why I favour the forsaken as a race, sometimes being evil is just fun.

But I don't think it would work for the entire horde.

Where does it say the Horde is SUPPOSED to be evil? The only reason the horde exists is because the alliance are prejudiced and could not co exist with the races that form the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Do you really want a game where each faction is a shade of grey....

I for one welcome the time when Horde has playable fel orcs, Teron Gorefiendesk Undead, Bloods Elves akin to the ones lead by Kael and Blood Thirsty Trolls/Ogres like in Warcraft 2.

Honestly this game has lost it's way when it comes to opposing factions and the drive to play them. I see threads trying to find morality in the horde when the race would be more fun to play and play against if the dynamic was a race filled with evil mofo's.

I for one welcome more characters like garrosh in the future.
    No, the villains we fight are evil, alliance/horde are both "good".

Iam for one welcome the horde descent into villainy

I hate this shade of grey crap give me the horde of warcraft 2 anyday of the week

Horde is not pure evil. We are not supposed to be the "bad guys", we kill those in raids. We are rather supposed to be the more aggresive, savage and brutal faction.

I didn't like the Horde with Thrall on the throne. Orcs were simply Humans, but green and bulky. There was no difference in character whatsoever. Thrall himself was even more noble and peacefull that Varian. Garrosh turned the whole thing upside down, commiting many actions that are frequently associated with orcs - he conquered and fought. And was honorable while doing it, al least for some time.

Now, after he transmuted into the generic bad guy, there is no point in his actions anymore. Blizzard pretty much said "you wanted to play a faction of savage, yet honorable brutes? You wanted to be on the aggresive side? Well too fucking bad, we are killing out your only hope, Thrall is coming back".

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Where does it say the Horde is SUPPOSED to be evil? The only reason the horde exists is because the alliance are prejudiced and could not co exist with the races that form the horde.
    Prejudiced? Yeah, we totally took being invaded by demon-blood swilling hordes of bloodthirsty orcs the wrong way, note that they did the whole demon blood thing willingly, they saw the power it offered, said "We got to get some of that" and a-slaying they went, only later (Under the leadership of Thrall, whose parents were from the one orc clan that didn't go for demon-juice, and were killed for that) did the orcs do the whole "Noble savage"-thing and joined forces with the tauren and darkspear trolls, now we have Garrosh as horde leader and we're back to square one (Replacing demon blood with something Sha-related, probably), yeah the horde are the misunderstood good guys alright :P

Deleted
    Warcraft is interesting because it's not your typical pure good knights in shining armor fighting the ugly evil monstrous people.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Warcraft is interesting because it's not your typical pure good knights in shining armor fighting the ugly evil monstrous people.
    It has potential, but Blizzard tried too hard to make it look like both alliance and horde are good.

Just look at orcs. Green, primitive humans that spit something about honor in every sentence. Nothing more.

Nope. The shades of grey thing works. Both factions have their good and bad points. This isn't He-Man vs Skeletor here.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's what we call "Grey and Grey Morality". Neither side is entirely free of blame, but also neither side is entirely just and noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Nope. The shades of grey thing works. Both factions have their good and bad points. This isn't He-Man vs Skeletor here.
    Those shades are getting awfully light... If something gets slightly darker, we kill it.

Deleted
    I'd rather have factions that both live in the grey area, because that makes it much more interesting.

If the Horde became the ultimate evil and alliance the mary sue Heroes, you wouldn't have so many interesting things going on such as the Expulsion of the Sunreavers.

Every race has its own viewpoint and solid reasons for acting the way it does and every action can be endlessly debated by players which makes the story better.

If everything boiled down to "coz they are evil" it would be dull. I also don't think the Alliance would like to become a Mary Sue faction.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    That's actually the reason the Alliance exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard pretty much said "you wanted to play a faction of savage, yet honorable brutes? You wanted to be on the aggresive side? Well too fucking bad, we are killing out your only hope, Thrall is coming back".
    I agree, it's quite stupid also because WoW just reinvented the war between the Horde and Alliance. We can't go back to hugging eachother now, that would hurt the series imo. Garrosh staying is probably the best for WARcraft, not peacecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard pretty much said "you wanted to play a faction of savage, yet honorable brutes? You wanted to be on the aggresive side? Well too fucking bad, we are killing out your only hope, Thrall is coming back".
    Thrall is the only way you could have any honour. "Noble Savage" is an oxymoron. You are noble or you're savage and it has nothing to do with whether you live in a hut or a castle or wear warpaint or shining armour when you go to battle...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    "Noble Savage" is an oxymoron.
    Since when? Were the Indian savages tribes of America less noble than the Europeans that destroyed them?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the Horde supposed to be BAD/EVIL when they banded together to keep from being slaughtered or enslaved by the Alliance? Personally, that makes the Alliance more evil since they are the reason for the Horde in the first place.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both factions are grey intentionally, to not project good or evil and so be more appealing to a larger group.

It's the individuals in the factions that give that image, and there's plenty of good and evil characters in both. It wouldn't surprise me that it is written intentionally that alliance believes the horde is evil and horde that the alliance is evil/wrong on their intentions just to stir up discussions among players, it would actually test to good writing to create such a divide.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Since when? Were the Indian savages tribes of America less noble than the Europeans that destroyed them?
    They weren't savages. That's just a degrading term colonists used to dehumanise them. So like I said. Oxymoron.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Both factions are grey intentionally, to not project good or evil and so be more appealing to a larger group.
    Lol if that was their intention they failed miserably... but really it wasn't.