Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Catch is that it will be everywhere for a few weeks then everyone will shelve it because easy mounts that everyone have are boring.
    doesnt really bother me :\ if it looks cool im going to use it, and because it requires 30 living steel, i dont think it will be that common for a while. living steel is like 700g on my server at the moment.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:41 PM ----------

on the tooltip it doesnt say anything about requiring engineering to ride, and doesnt say soulbound, maybe it will be like the bikes and be usable by all and sellable?
    also i hope it can carry a passenger that gets grabbed by the claw!!

Let's try to compile some information. What do we know about this mount for certain?
    • I've heard that the recipe for the stabilized lightning sources is a drop from Throne of Thunder, or from a quest that takes place there. Will it be available in LFR? Will it be rare?
    • I've also heard that creating them has a 1-day cooldown, does anyone know if this is confirmed or not?
    • Are these the final materials or is this just a placeholder for the PTR? Will the mount actually be available in 5.2?
    • Has anyone seen or heard of an official or supposed model for this? The screenshots on wowdb/wowhead seems to be just of the regular 'flying grappler' thing that's already in the game -- I'm almost certain they're going to make a unique model for this mount.
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by Allyosaugh View Post
    Let's try to compile some information. What do we know about this mount for certain?
    • I've heard that the recipe for the stabilized lightning sources is a drop from Throne of Thunder, or from a quest that takes place there. Will it be available in LFR? Will it be rare?
    • I've also heard that creating them has a 1-day cooldown, does anyone know if this is confirmed or not?
    • Are these the final materials or is this just a placeholder for the PTR? Will the mount actually be available in 5.2?
    • Has anyone seen or heard of an official or supposed model for this? The screenshots on wowdb/wowhead seems to be just of the regular 'flying grappler' thing that's already in the game -- I'm almost certain they're going to make a unique model for this mount.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32630 suspected to start from http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=69461#comments

I'm guessing it's highly likely it will be in LFR, but who knows. Don't think much is known about it yet. If you had asked me early 5.0 if I thought sigils would be so easy to get in LFR T14, I'd have said no way, but that was way wrong. So who knows what direction they'll go in.

The Blacksmith equivalent version of the SLS (same type of quest item: "notes on _____", same [suspected] npc drop, same materials cost) is confirmed to have a 1 day cooldown, but I have yet to see a true confirmation the SLS does as well, but I'd say it's pretty safe to assume yes.

Not sure how you think anyone would know the answer to #3, that's entirely up to Blizzard. Probably the final mats? I see no reason why it wouldn't be available in 5.2 since the crafting materials are "lightning" themed (throne of thunder).

No real screenshot of it available that I've seen.

I would like to see how people use this thing, it would probably grab you by the ass and you would be probably be wiggling and struggling as it flies.

Deleted
    its so beautifull

Deleted
    Deleted. Found the info the second I posted this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sad its Engineering again. Don't they have 3 mounts already, not to mention the 2 engi-only mounts? Wheres the BS/LW/Enchanting love?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If it costs just a few shreds of gold, then your time is probably better spent just buying it in the first place.
    Most of the time, I've got nothing else to do. Sitting around flipping auctions is aggravating; flying around gathering mats passively while doing dailies/fishing/other chores isn't.

Still seems a ridiculous thing to complain about. The AH is pretty consistently littered with them. You're really not reliant at all, they will be up there.
    And I still have to pay someone else for them, quite a few of them. It's just terrible design, and that's what's annoying about it.

Just buy them now if it's such an issue. And nothing could require stabilized lightning sources outside of Engi because they are BoP... ...sure they could make other Engi mats required by other professions, but it has never really been that way.
    Then they should make it that way. There's apparently no reason not to, with the current design philosophy.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-16 at 08:43 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Already have the raw mats farmed

We also don't know if that screenshot is what it looks like. Blizzard likes to redo models for "old, previously unavailable models" that they're making available to players (see: bat mounts, worgen, goblins, wyvern and gryphon mounts).

I wouldn't be surprised if this thing got a facelift before the patch launched.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wheres the BS/LW/Enchanting love?
    In the Auction house I'm glad Engi is getting more love in this patch! it's been very underwhelming so far this exp.. has anyone even sold one of those Kyparite rockets?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account

I am just now reading about this mount and all the mats involved. I could not see opening a new thread for this since this thread is only a few days old. But as for the materials:

Reagents

Stabilized Lightning Source (30)
    Living Steel (30)

For reference, in order to get to the finished product, you will need raw materials in quantities as follows:

600 x Ghost Iron Ore
    180 x Black Trillium Ore
    180 x White Trillium Ore
    900 x Mote of Harmony

WOW! I would love the mount, but holy crap is that a ton of materials.

It looks ugly. Unless that's a placeholder model, I can't say I'll be using it much. It'll be my first multi-passenger though, so that's nice. It's basically a blown-up flying machine engine with a claw attachment.
    Last edited by jishdefish; 2013-02-21 at 09:29 PM.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am just now reading about this mount and all the mats involved. I could not see opening a new thread for this since this thread is only a few days old. But as for the materials:

Reagents

Stabilized Lightning Source (30)
    Living Steel (30)

For reference, in order to get to the finished product, you will need raw materials in quantities as follows:

600 x Ghost Iron Ore
    180 x Black Trillium Ore
    180 x White Trillium Ore
    900 x Mote of Harmony

WOW! I would love the mount, but holy crap is that a ton of materials.
    It's been stated earlier in this thread already, but that is the mats if you were to do Riddle of Steel (not on a CD) for every single living steel. Regular Living Steel (on daily CD) transmutes do not take any motes. Riddle of Steel is unnecessary unless your AH is dry of Living Steel which is unlikely. Not considering the CD (which, considering lightning sources are on a daily CD that there is no way around, is a reasonable thing to do) you're basically using 3 spirits of harmony in place of 3 trillium for each living steel, which is almost surely better spent elsewhere (the spirits that is), but YMMV on your server I suppose.

Which puts the total raw mats at 600 ghost iron ore for the lighting sources, and either:

360x Black trillium ore, 360x White trillium ore OR another 3600 ghost iron ore through Alchemy Ghost Iron -> Trillium transmutes.

Deleted
    Its BoE, gonna be duped alot when they find out how.

My Engineer is currently sitting on 45 x Living Steel. The mount needs 30, the new pet needs 15. He's also sitting on all the Ghost Iron I need to make everything. I'm just wondering where everyone gets the idea that Stabilized Lightning Source will be a daily cooldown like Imperial Silk. On WowHead, the tooltip makes no mention of a cooldown.

Does anyone have a source on the daily cooldown?

Edit: It actually says it only has a 1 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by darnellcd; 2013-02-28 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darnellcd View Post
    My Engineer is currently sitting on 45 x Living Steel. The mount needs 30, the new pet needs 15. He's also sitting on all the Ghost Iron I need to make everything. I'm just wondering where everyone gets the idea that Stabilized Lightning Source will be a daily cooldown like Imperial Silk. On WowHead, the tooltip makes no mention of a cooldown.

Someone on PTR mentioned it did have a daily CD -> http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94113#co...0:reply=634147

Quote Originally Posted by darnellcd View Post

Transmute Living Steel (not Riddle) has a 1 second cooldown too. That information doesn't indicate anything, it's meaningless. Profession item "cooldowns" have never displayed in datamined numerical info that wowhead and such display, it's either in the tooltip or spell description (as with Living Steel transmute) or you can find it in the comments. Lighting steel ingot has nothing in the tooltip/spell description yet either and it is known to be a 1 day cd. Not to mention the SLS is so similar to the LSI - same mats, same method of obtaining it, quest items differing in names only to specify the profession - as soon as the LSI was discovered as a 1 day cooldown, it was entirely reasonable to assume the SLS would be the same. But SLS has been confirmed to be a 1 day cd as well as others have mentioned.

this mount won't be worth anything just like the JC panther because it'll be duped like mad.

panther costs 80k~ in mats, there's tons on Tarren mill AH for 40k and under, impossible to profit on them unless you duplicate them, so the same will happen to this sky claw so i won't bother crafting this mount, just buy one for 50-75% off from a duper and save myself truck loads of gold.