Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    You can only get rep from each boss once a week in any difficulty. So if you clear 6/12 in normal, you can only get rep from the second half of LFR bosses.
    Just to add to this, the LFR will be gated, so it may very well be that only the first 3 are available the first week and one new section is released every week after that. So, really, normal/heroic raiders only have the advantage in rep gains for the first few weeks as they can kill more than three bosses. Besides, the neck can be purchased almost right away and any LFR only character is going to find the neck an upgrade because of the ilvl even if the stats aren't idea. Normal/Heroic raiders have no reason not to save VP at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Just to add to this, the LFR will be gated, so it may very well be that only the first 3 are available the first week and one new section is released every week after that. So, really, normal/heroic raiders only have the advantage in rep gains for the first few weeks as they can kill more than three bosses. Besides, the neck can be purchased almost right away and any LFR only character is going to find the neck an upgrade because of the ilvl even if the stats aren't idea. Normal/Heroic raiders have no reason not to save VP at this point.
    I take it you don't need to unlock Shado-pan assault quartermaster? You can buy the neck first thing in the morning on the patch day?

Deleted
    sounds like firelands rep wise, you can earn it form trash (till certain reps) but need boss rep too get into new rep status.

Okay quick question would we start at neutral when the patch hits? Or do we need to actually zone into the raid? Also, where is the vendor located?

I ask this since I have had terrible luck on replacing my 489 neck piece, and it would be nice with alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Okay quick question would we start at neutral when the patch hits? Or do we need to actually zone into the raid? Also, where is the vendor located?

I ask this since I have had terrible luck on replacing my 489 neck piece, and it would be nice with alts.
    Usually you gain access to 0/3000 neutral rep as soon as you talk to an NPC of that faction.

I'd be surprised if LFR is available at all the first week.

What I'm really wondering is if I should (try to convince my guild to) farm trash up to 2999/3000 before we even attempt the first boss in normal mode. Having 1 or 2 (assuming everyone saved valor) more 522 items for the entire raid seems like a large boost.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I think you can farm trash to Honored. I'm not 100% sure on this. You definitely cant grind it out completely with just trash runs.

After that you only get rep for killing bosses. And you only get rep from a boss once a week, regardless of difficulty. So you can't double dip on rep by running normal and LFR.

It's pretty much like Hydraxian Waterlords or Avengers of Hyjal.

edit...
    typo inregards to double dipping.
    Blizz deserves a punch in the balls if they EVER make it like Hydraxian again. From 0/21000 to exalted, you get a base of 1050 per full clear (before rep bonuses), so it takes something like ~4-5 months to get from revered to exalted. That's a wee bit excessive!

But yes, point stands, gotta kill bosses, not just trash.

Ive read a blue post (somewhere, I cant seem to find it, but will keep looking) that you get no rep from trash....bosses only.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Ive read a blue post (somewhere, I cant seem to find it, but will keep looking) that you get no rep from trash....bosses only.
    Front page also has this blue quote:

"Actually there are items at each reputation, even neutral, and getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill. It ramps up from there obviously, but you will have stuff to spend Valor on pretty quickly."

Either trash will give rep up to friendly, or the quest line brings you up to this point and you only need 1 boss kill.

Either way pooling 3k valor will be the optimal way to go as you can buy the neck immediately and finish the week up at 2750 if you dont get to friendly within that time period.