Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Doesn't matter much. You'll just need settle for other secondaries sometimes. Rest doesn't change much if all items have equal percentage of total loot table.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    As a ten men raid, you're gonna be f*cked up hard.(
    the theme of 5.2 is "lets try to fuck 10 mans so maybe people will switch to 25 mans" I am quite sure the bloated loot tables are part of this

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Honestly I prefer this than the loot situation in T14. For the most part there was only 1 item per slot at each ilevel 'tier' (so a full set from MSV, a full set from Terrace/HoF), so it was kind of boring to gear up. There were some choices you could make, but not many.

    Now we have a lot of trinkets, a lot of weapons, a lot of choice. It's much more fun and interesting. And won't it make it that much sweeter when the item you desperately want finally drops?

    Oh, and bonus roll coins exist. So y'know. It's not so bad.
    Well, that's just what I thought. They have OPTIONS on the slot. Hell, Hunters have 4 different versions of ranged weapons. What's the chance of not gearing up with at least ONE of them? Instead of having to go to Lei Shi OVER AND OVER for the ONLY option?

    'Cause Alliance Players wouldn't allow Orcs to stand straight.

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,749
    He could have 2 items, someone would still only see one of them drop for 10 weeks straight. Random is ..wait for it..

  5. #25
    Well, I think I'm ok with this if the loot table on the tier bosses are smaller in exchange. 10 man raids in particular are very likely not to see 25%+ of the items on bosses like Le Shi or Sha of Fear as it is, even in like 30 kills. This is also the first boss, and to me looks by far the easiest on normal and heroic from a first glance, so yeah, there's that.

  6. #26
    Blademaster Automaticc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    33
    I don't get how this is a bad thing. People wanted variety in loot and more of it. >< This is just one of many bosses with shared loot tables it seems. To me, more diversity in gear is better for the game. I really disliked the 3 Item boss loot table of MSV. (I'm exaggerating of course. )

  7. #27
    At least there is going to be more than 1 non-spirit caster ring this tier! Yay!

  8. #28
    I like this. More transmog gear for me to farm.

  9. #29
    This really really really sucks for 10 man...

    I hope they bump up the amount of loot dropped in 10m too...

  10. #30
    Yay, 10 mans being soiled even more by RNG. As if 25s didn't have a big enough advantage with extra loot and more thunderforged items.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 07:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    He could have 2 items, someone would still only see one of them drop for 10 weeks straight. Random is ..wait for it..
    The thing is, assuming equal drop chance, each item this boss drops has a 9.5% drop chance in a 10 man raid.
    Now with that, there is a .905^10 = ~37% chance that any given item will not drop after 10 weeks. That fucking sucks.

    For 25s, with a 37.5% drop chance, there is only a 3% chance that any given item doesn't drop after 10 weeks.

    Now in your example, with a 50% drop chance, there is only .01% chance an item will not drop after 10 weeks.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-02-14 at 07:22 AM.

  11. #31
    I understand rng is rng but these bloated loot tables will be rough for 10 mans. Even with the current, smaller loot tables there are items my 10 man hasn't seen. Our hunter is still using an lfr weapon because neither of the regular ranged weapons has dropped. My dk is a tank and is using dps boots because neither of the tank plate boots has dropped. My group has seen 1 Sha axe and 1 Elegon sword.

    Options are great if they are actually options. Options aren't so great when it's the same poorly itemized piece that keeps dropping every week that no one wants.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneshatter View Post
    I understand rng is rng but these bloated loot tables will be rough for 10 mans. Even with the current, smaller loot tables there are items my 10 man hasn't seen. Our hunter is still using an lfr weapon because neither of the regular ranged weapons has dropped. My dk is a tank and is using dps boots because neither of the tank plate boots has dropped. My group has seen 1 Sha axe and 1 Elegon sword.

    Options are great if they are actually options. Options aren't so great when it's the same poorly itemized piece that keeps dropping every week that no one wants.
    With small loot tables you will see more items sharded.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=210658/5...nderbosses-hor

    Are they f*cking kidding us? 21 items! So happy farming... or not. As a ten men raid, you're gonna be f*cked up hard. Even now, with "small" loot tables, it happens often enough that we never see a specific item. So by now... even in ten weeks, there will be at least one item you won't see.
    What's the idea about that? Shall we raid ToT for a year or what?
    Swearing makes you look so cool! ow wait >_> Tone the swearing down, and maybe, really maybe, people will take you seriously. Pathetic..

    A lot of bosses have a large loot table. Get over it, Or did you complain during MC, BWL etc as much as well about the large loot tables?

  14. #34
    maybe up the 10m drops to 3 and 25 to 7 and/or make it so thunderforged doesn't take up one of the potential loot slots. probably not though.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    If that loot table is right and I'm not mistaken, then Ra Den has over 40 items in his loot table, what do you say about that? :P
    When, exactly, do you think you'll even kill Ra-den?

  16. #36
    this bloated loot table, is directly related to LFR, so every class can get something from every boss.

    thank the casuals for this garbage.

  17. #37
    Elemental Shaman here, Finished both legendary Quests for the Gem + Prismatic Socket for a Sha Touched weapon, Almost 4 months now with 16/16 25 HC cleared and guess what, We still didnt get a single Mace or Staff drop from either Empress or Lei Shi. Larger or Smaller loot table will not help you get the item you want if RNG decides to screw you over regardless of how big or small the percentage of a certain item to drop is.

    Also if you care so much about upgrading a certain Slot you can always return to the T14 tier bosses and farm them for a certain item till you get what you want.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire Vashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Elemental Shaman here, Finished both legendary Quests for the Gem + Prismatic Socket for a Sha Touched weapon, Almost 4 months now with 16/16 25 HC cleared and guess what, We still didnt get a single Mace or Staff drop from either Empress or Lei Shi. Larger or Smaller loot table will not help you get the item you want if RNG decides to screw you over regardless of how big or small the percentage of a certain item to drop is.

    Also if you care so much about upgrading a certain Slot you can always return to the T14 tier bosses and farm them for a certain item till you get what you want.
    4 months with 16/16 HC? (Paragon world first sha on 25th november, thats 2 months and few days.) Be more specific. And no I must not agree. The chance 10 man group will get the item is still smaller, even RNG can screw both of the groups. But well when peeps bitch about it they can still join 25 man group. Thats right. Us 10 man raiders must just move on (oh well the loot whores).

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    4 months with 16/16 HC? (Paragon world first sha on 25th november, thats 2 months and few days.) Be more specific. And no I must not agree. The chance 10 man group will get the item is still smaller, even RNG can screw both of the groups. But well when peeps bitch about it they can still join 25 man group. Thats right. Us 10 man raiders must just move on (oh well the loot whores).
    Specific ok, its been 4 months since I finished my 500 int gem quest, its been 2 months since I finished my Prismatic socket quest, been farming 15/16 HC up until last reset where we managed to kill Sha.

    Explain to me how a 10 man group's chance is smaller, and thats exactly what I said about RNG it can screw both raid settings so whats your point ? what the hell are you talking about when you said peeps are bitching about it the loot drop chance for 25 man havent changed the only confirmed announcment by blizzard was 25 man will have higher chance of getting TF loot dropped thats it there was no other change to 10 or 25 man as far as I know.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Explain to me how a 10 man group's chance is smaller, and thats exactly what I said about RNG it can screw both raid settings so whats your point ? what the hell are you talking about when you said peeps are bitching about it the loot drop chance for 25 man havent changed the only confirmed announcment by blizzard was 25 man will have higher chance of getting TF loot dropped thats it there was no other change to 10 or 25 man as far as I know.
    The chance of seeing a specific piece of loot in 25-man is higher, since you see 3 times more loot there.

    Let's take Lei Shi for example. The chance of seeing Taoren drop is ~6% on 10-man, and ~14-15% on 25-man. Why? Cause you get 1 non-tier drop on 10-man and 3 non-tier drops on 25-man. There are 17 non-tier drops there.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •