Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So Jin'Rokh the Breaker has 21 items on his loot table

http://www.wowhead.com/news=210658/5...nderbosses-hor

Are they f*cking kidding us? 21 items! So happy farming... or not. As a ten men raid, you're gonna be f*cked up hard. Even now, with "small" loot tables, it happens often enough that we never see a specific item. So by now... even in ten weeks, there will be at least one item you won't see.
    What's the idea about that? Shall we raid ToT for a year or what?

I believe he has such a large loot table because he's the first boss of the raid. If a raid is having progression problems due to lack of gear perhaps having a wider variety of loot that is easily obtained can help with that.

That being said, RNG will always be RNG.

Well there is always a possibility that this will be a new morchok type of free loot farming boss which will keep everyone happy unlike stone doggys - maybe this is why it has such big loot table ?

All of the bosses have 14+ items on their loot tables, several of them with 20+

I'm thinking Blizzard's idea is to give people options for their loot. I know as a Holy Pally there are two options for every slot. Obviously min/max wise, I'll still be going for certain pieces, but building off-sets is never a bad idea, and sadly Tier 14 didn't give us many options for off-sets. It's not often that a guild can start on Heroic content and automatically 4 of the 16 bosses have no upgrades for one of their raiders. Glad to see that's not happening again this tier. Also gives better chance for people to get something worthwhile with their coins as well.

Deleted
    If that loot table is right and I'm not mistaken, then Ra Den has over 40 items in his loot table, what do you say about that? :P

I spent this patch raiding with a very casual guild, with only 6/6 normal MSV and 2/6 normal HoF progression. We exhausted all of the loot in MSV pretty quickly, though, and killing those bosses was no fun with nothing to look forward to in terms of loot. Bigger tables, with more options, are a good idea. Early boss loot is exhausted far too early on.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-13 at 10:02 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    a large raid, with raid bosses with fairly large loot tables gives me the impression that they sort of want you to farm the bosses for a good chunk of time, thus giving them some extra time to work on 5.3 and 5.4.

if their loot tables were small everyone would be done with the place in 2-3 months, whereas with larger loot tables the rng comes into effect and thus (most likely) prevents you from collecting all your gear faster.

Yeah. The bosses have a lot of loot, but there is also a LOT of loot. There are 3 Strength 2hs, there are about 9 caster weapons, there are 4 trinkets for each typer (agi, int, str, heal, tank), the loot lists look bloated, but there is a lot of variety in the gear. Head over to WoWDB.com and check out the full list of gear for your class. It seems like a lot when you look at a single boss, but once you look at the whole loot table, you can see that its going to be pretty nice to be like "I have this belt, but now I can use this belt because I have this piece and my Hit cap isnt affected." (poor example, but you get what I mean. :P)

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    If that loot table is right and I'm not mistaken, then Ra Den has over 40 items in his loot table, what do you say about that? :P
    It is right. He drops a LOT of gear. A LOT. (literally.) My boomkin has 8 pieces from him, potentially. Only a few of them are Best in Slot, though. But its nice because, unlike Sinestra or Algalon, every single class is like "FUCK YEAH. WE GET TO KILL RA-DEN." Instead of "IM AN ARCANE MAGE! I GET TO KILL SINESTRA FOR MY MANDATORY GAMEBREAKING TRINKET!"

I think itll do a better job of keeping the end tier heroic only boss exciting. :P

Honestly I prefer this than the loot situation in T14. For the most part there was only 1 item per slot at each ilevel 'tier' (so a full set from MSV, a full set from Terrace/HoF), so it was kind of boring to gear up. There were some choices you could make, but not many.

Now we have a lot of trinkets, a lot of weapons, a lot of choice. It's much more fun and interesting. And won't it make it that much sweeter when the item you desperately want finally drops?

Oh, and bonus roll coins exist. So y'know. It's not so bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd go with what others said, that they want you to farm it and you have more choice, also you got coins. After all it will be another 6 or so months before the next raid tier.

there are repetitions on that wowhead list.

He'll be one of the bosses that you can farm endlessly, for the entire Tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many items! It's like being taken back in time to where there was no reforging!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Honestly I prefer this than the loot situation in T14. For the most part there was only 1 item per slot at each ilevel 'tier' (so a full set from MSV, a full set from Terrace/HoF), so it was kind of boring to gear up. There were some choices you could make, but not many.

Now we have a lot of trinkets, a lot of weapons, a lot of choice. It's much more fun and interesting. And won't it make it that much sweeter when the item you desperately want finally drops?

Oh, and bonus roll coins exist. So y'know. It's not so bad.
    You do t really have a choice if your trying to min max. There's gonna be 1 item and a bunch of meh side grades.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    You do t really have a choice if your trying to min max. There's gonna be 1 item and a bunch of meh side grades.
    No, I disagree. You have a BIS list, but it may be only reached by a very lucky few- meanwhile, being the correct item level normally means MUCH more than having the correct stat distributions. While there are exceptions to this (hit/crit in a tier with lots of hit items and playing a spec that crit sucks for) it is overall the case. EVERYONE is "trying to min max". Except they are really just trying to max- there's no downside to getting the better item, not even a situational one. But you'll probably take the meh item if the great one doesn't drop, and the thunderforged meh will be BETTER than the non TF good one, etc.

Gear diversity is good- as long as it isn't punishing like "get this one sha touched dagger off Lei Shi or get fucked" like the current tier is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess raiding 10man and seeing fewer drops means with there being like 2-4 items per slot, you have a better chance of getting something you can use, but even less of a chance of getting that specific one BIS you're hoping for.

This just seems like a way to force charm grinds, I know in the current tier they became useless fairly quickly; but now there will always be something you can still get from X boss..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Sounds like a nightmare with Thunderforged items! Jin'rokh shares many drops with Horridon btw.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Yeah, well, there may be 21 items in his loot table but you know he's going to drop nothing each week but the same 2 bits of int plate for our group with no holy pally.

People actually complain about a "21 item on his loot table"? Really?

Nah, it's a lot better to have 2-3 items on the loot table and always having them drop, for sure.

Yey for loot variety, now hopefully they dont all share the same models as tier