Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    BWahahah that's pretty funny. My guild did dailies for achievements and mounts, not for gear and they've already killed H Sha.
    Cool story bro.

Don't post spam memes

Title. I haven't played since the end of Wrath, and from the videos that I watched over the months Cata really didn't impress me at all. However, I have absolutely nothing to play as of late, and I have a few friends that are still playing it.
    Personally I liked it at first. Now I am bored of it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-13 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    If you have friends who play it, then give it a try, you might like it.
    Same shit with different textures, this time it's asia panda theme. If you got bored before, you will get bored now twice as fast.
    i laughed out loud at your picture hahahahahaha idk man just made me lol
    Think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Cool story bro.
    So when faced with evidence instead of trying to argue it you say that? That is pretty sad.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Not really.

PvP is about if not more broken than anywhere prior to Vanilla.
    PvE encounters are horribly designed if you're melee, while on a lot of fights if you're ranged you might as well have a "deploy seige mode" CD half of the time. - Just kidding, mages literally have that.
    There's pretty much no worthwhile rewards for dungeons currently - if you want to buy PvE heirlooms, I hope you like doing random battlegrounds.
    Players are reporting more RBGs as being overrun by botters than ever making HP farming tedious also.
    One of the two "other things to do" would be dailies. You could say "rep farming", but all the new reps are tied into dailies. I hope you like those dailies, because if you plan on raiding you'll be doing a lot of them to unlock gear rewards/slowly farm VP/collect coins which will take at least 45 dailies per week (best case scenario) to hand in for charms, so you can get bonus rolls on loot, or more realistically be "rewarded" with small amounts of gold.
    The other of the two things to do is pet battles. Plainly and simply, Pokemon does this oh so very much better.
    Cooking has been made far more tedious by being spit into 80 (perhaps a slight exaggeration) different branches. There isn't any really good reason for this, except to justify ramping up number of ingredients requirements. Want to make a cheese and ham sammich of +300 stats? Well, you're going to need to mill that wheat to flour, curdle the milk and cure the ham which can only be farmed from a rare spawn level 93 elite "boar lord" that requires a 40 man raid group, and occasionally drops no loot.

On a serious note, until about a week ago the world bosses weren't even dropping their promised mounts. Only after a fair few players started asking for proof they even existed did Blizzard own up to their error. And by own up to their error, I mean as far as I'm aware they rushed a hotfix out but never officially acknowledged that they'd wasted so many people's time.

Deleted
    It's not really worth it. Most people regret getting it. You'll probably end up being one of them :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Title. I haven't played since the end of Wrath, and from the videos that I watched over the months Cata really didn't impress me at all. However, I have absolutely nothing to play as of late, and I have a few friends that are still playing it.
    After hitting lvl 90 you would be totally disappointed. It is completely different to Wrath, i quited game because of MoP.

Deleted
    It's just more of the same, maybe a little even more dumbed down.

What did you expect? A different WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    It's not really worth it. Most people regret getting it. You'll probably end up being one of them :/
    That is actually false. You can't know if most people regret it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    No need to lie about it. Losing 500k subscribers from 10m is not 'most people'.

No one can tell you if you'll like it. As said before, some people love it, some people hate it. Just get that trial or spend 15 euro on it. Even if you quit after a week, it's money well spend.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is worth trying. But don't expect to get anything but WoW from it.

That seems to be many people's problem with the game as it is now. They keep expecting WoW to change into something else, but it remains largely the same. And that's what bores them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say no, people will say there is alot to do, there is not.. If you enjoy playing a extremely bad version of pokemon then go ahead and buy it, people see that as fun content for some reason. Raiding is average, nothing exciting at all, and took a huge turn down from Wotlk content. Subscription have gone down since you played, cataclysm was really bad but somehow adding ALOT of dailies is the solution in MOP.

I am a raider and I like fun content, so far there is noone.
    People will say MOP is the best expansion, sadly it is not. It's average at best.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    No need to lie about it. Losing 500k subscribers from 10m is not 'most people'.

No one can tell you if you'll like it. As said before, some people love it, some people hate it. Just get that trial or spend 15 euro on it. Even if you quit after a week, it's money well spend.
    It's from 12 million to 9 million since Wotlk.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Get the trial, try it out, see what you think. Or maybe get someone to send you a scroll of ressurection.
    I got the trial and thought MoP was fun. But that's because I could only do the Jade Forest, it had some focus on the Horde/Alliance war.
    So I bought MoP and got to quest in Valley of the Four Winds.... yeah, really regretting my purchase now. Nothing is more boring than this zone. And I had fun in the old Desolace so this must be really bad. Yeah, it's even worse than Uldum imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I got the trial and thought MoP was fun. But that's because I could only do the Jade Forest, it had some focus on the Horde/Alliance war.
    So I bought MoP and got to quest in Valley of the Four Winds.... yeah, really regretting my purchase now. Nothing is more boring than this zone. And I had fun in the old Desolace so this must be really bad. Yeah, it's even worse than Uldum imo.
    If you do not like the Valley of the Four Winds (It's a great zone imo) why not quest in Krasarang Wilds instead? Both Valley and Krasarang are 81-82 zones, you can choose either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    See, the interesting thing here is that Valley of the Four Winds is my favourite zone in MoP. It's humorous, has a decent storyline, interesting characters, etc. Possibly one of my favourite zones in the entirety of WoW, in fact.

Personal tastes and all that.

Deleted
    just don't waste money on it, get tera, pls stay away from such a poor designed xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    just don't waste money on it, get tera, pls stay away from such a poor designed xpac.
    That doesn't help the OP at all. It gives zero reasoning or helpful comments.

It's all opinion.
    In my opinion, no. I hate the mass dailies, the VP gear being hidden behind them. They completely changed the model from being able to play at your own pace each week to having to login every day with dailies, the farm, dungeon reward setup. The whole experience is more of a chore than fun. I have burned out on it so fast that I already stopped caring about my caps, farm, reps, etc. Playing as a mage everyone thinks mages shouldn't complain, because they top the charts, but the game play for them has become horrible, it's not even worth topping the meters to play it. If I hadn't lucked into finding a guild I enjoy and wasn't raiding then I would have quit awhile ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion: no. Others obviously can (and certainly will ) disagree. I played for a month after patch 5.0, and then got a free invite back over the holidays. While it did feel more coherent than the epic fail that was Cataclysm, I found the redesigned classes exceptionally lame (with the exception of warlocks, if you're a lock-fan you might want to try it just for that alone), I hated what they did to my Disc Priest, Sub Rogue, and Holy Pally, my Frost DK still felt pretty decent; pvp was frustrating; new content was pretty but shallow; I found new instances to have lazy design, without being compelling or challenging; and questing felt much like Cata: boringly repetitive, while still being very linear. I can't speak as to how fun pet battles are - not my thing.

For some background on where I'm coming from, I played since late vanilla, really loved classic, loved BC, and had a blast in Wrath (although cracks were starting to show even then), and Cata pushed me to quit - first for a few months, then for good after DS came out.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2013-02-13 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    I have already tried Tera and it was a massive disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    No do not get it. You said the last time you played was Wrath. Wrath was the peak of WoW subscriber wise. Going from Wrath to MoP would be a shock.
    Because there are less subscribers? God, give brain

Yes, absolutely. There are the haters you see everywhere, but the expansion is fantastic. Having lots of fun again.

Haters like this. Comparing Tera (a game that had to go f2p) is just bullshit