Poll: Best racial leader?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Best racial leader

Which is your best racial leader and why ? considering lore and todays actions ofc and what id change in any of the leaders ...

I think most of leaders are kept in shadows by blizzard and it is unfair... there r only few leaders taking action in MoP they r Garrosh vol'jin Baine and Theron ... but wheres others ... it cant be true that sylvanas doesnt have any interest in mop ... or where is Gallywix ... it havent appeared in wow since leaving goblin island ....

And alliance situation is even worse !! the only acting leaders r king Varian and Tydande .... R all others Dead ?
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-02-13 at 10:45 AM.

Sylvanas windrunner, he fights eredar and doesnt afraid of anything.

seriously though.

as of recent events.

Wrynn has been improving and not letting the nobles screw around as much, long way to go though.

torque has progressed in returning their gnomes homeland, not there yet though. he didnt overstay dwarven hospitality even if they had no worries about it.

Tyrande and Malfurion. More active, still headstrong. malfurion is in a position where he has to balance the night elf stability in the region with the horde and his role as an Arch Druid. too many night elves are paying with their lives but there are great costs to him discarding his duties as an Arch Druid.

Velen has realised the value of the here and now thanks to the Prince. too much story with him going on in the background. has pushed Anduin on a path that will potentially save Azeroth. He's pushing forward for the Legion though. Its upto blizz to use him properly.

The Three Hammers are mending borders that have split the 3 dwarven factions for ages. Knowledge, thoughts, skills and arms are being brought together albeit with heavy friction. They're leading their people right even if theres so much badblood and mistrust, they're giving each other the oppurtunity atleast, knowingly or not, to become something stronger and better. They'll be able to stand up against the dwarven factions that want things to go otherwise and cling to old hatreds and they'll be stronger for the real enemy.

Genn has learnt harsh lessons and is no longer the man who shut his nation away and betrayed alliances. he's given Varian his full support and his people have a place and a method to control their curse and he's grateful for it.

Garrosh: was rough but at a time showed potential to be a greater and honorable man despite some mistakes. Could have gone on either path but he lost that path and the pressures of leadership and lure of power have gotten to him.

Vol'jin lead his people to retake their islands, he's guided them away from their past savagery and absolute racism (well not as INTENSE savagery and racism that is). He's also a good judge of character, know where his loyalties lie and where they shouldnt. And he's one of the few who stood up to Garrosh IN his face.

Sylvanas has done good for her people but has done horrific things to get there and still does so. She realises that not even death is an option now and they have to forge their own path. Theres a path of her that values her people, her valkyr and herself, and she's willing to sacrifice anything, even members of those groups, for the majority. Its not moral, but theres still strength in it and she doesnt discard callously them like Garrosh would have done. She's a strong FORSAKEN leader. Few choices, much hated, forging their own path.

Gallywix. he knows his place. For now. The Horde are good business and he knows good business. He's a good Goblin leader that way....but once values start to shift and he dares see's value elsewhere, he'll pay for it.

Lor'thremar Theron. Ever since that lady left to attend to the sunwell, he's done well for his people. He's realised the costs Garrosh has incured and he's been there for his people on every turn even when factions of them have not been there for him. He's doing what he can for his people and wishes to mend fences when possible. He isnt bigoted against high elves or the others. he see's things for what they are and acts against those who act against him and his people. A certain highelf windrunner sister has acted more typically Bloodelf than he has and his people are better off for him being like that.

Which is why i voted for Theron.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-13 at 11:44 AM.

I go by what makes my pants happy

so sylvanas

Gallywix is the best racial leader

He spends all his time making money and fucking hot goblin bitches while the rest risk there necks.

He will flat out try to kill your ass, sell you into slavery and still come out smelling of roses. In fact hes in his palace right now diving into his pool full of money

What can i say i got a thing for bad guys who noone likes

10+ Year Old Account
    At least imo it's Varian, especially now.
    He's become a very level headed leader with a back story of turmoil that he over come. He's rather inspirational for Humans. Also lets be honest he looks like a bad ass. That's what I love about Humans in fantasy settings, the tenacity and valour they show and Varian currently exemplifies those aspects. The only thing I dislike about him is that his story seems to have become the only Alliance story in MoP, and in 5.2 the Horde get a slice of that which is a little disappointing.

If I had to add a second and third to list I'd say Velen second and Vol'jin third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I go by what makes my pants happy

so sylvanas
    oh god lol good 1 ))))

simplified post.

in no specific order, its Varian, Sylvanas and Theron. But i really like Theron's decisions as the leader of his people. As i said, he see's things for what they are and realises the true position and value of things, isnt letting bigotry and assumptions cloud his view of things whether its his view of the high elves, horde or alliance. he isnt begging to go back to the alliance and he realises Garrosh isnt healthy for his people either. And for now he's managed to play a very sensitive balancing act and done good for his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    At least imo it's Varian, especially now.
    The only thing I dislike about him is that his story seems to have become the only Alliance story in MoP, and in 5.2 the Horde get a slice of that which is a little disappointing.

If I had to add a second and third to list I'd say Velen second and Vol'jin third.
    exactly .. the only person who is in the center of attention to blizz in alliance is Varian ... and other leaders r hiding somewhere ... i dont remember any great deeds from any of other leaders in game (though theres lot written in books novels) they just sit in their kingdoms and watch how their people r dying in pandaria its nonsense !

Sylvanas. She's leading people that aren't even the same as her (she's a former elf, most of her people are former humans) when she doesn't really have to. She's helping people who quite literally have no lives left to live find a purpose that suits them, when she could've just went back to live with the blood elves and ignored the rest of the world. To them she's their savior, and she doesn't shun them. Regardless of her hidden intentions, she's been a great leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh, of course. He's a great racist leader.

Oh... racial. That's a bit tougher. Maybe Velen, considering he's kept his race alive so long despite being the prime target of a Legion head, but we really haven't seen him doing anything. Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'themar have always been doing what's best for their race, but again, most of it has been small stuff, as they are usually in the background compared to other leaders.

Not Gallywix, Garrosh or Sylvanas. Gallywix is pretty self-explanatory for anyone who did the Goblin starting zone. Sylvanas sees her people as tools for her own benefit, first as a sword against Arthas, then as a shield to protect herself from sharing Arthas' fate. Garrosh overestimates his own race's strength. Orcs are a strong race, but he has set the bar crazy high, and loses even loyal warriors needlessly, such as when he rang the Divine Bell and all the warriors in the vicinity were overtaken by Sha. He considered them failures.

I can't really judge most of the Alliance leaders.

How can you vote on Sylvanas, she is one of the worst>_< You never know what she will do to (fuck you over), No not f you!

I voted for Tyrande and Malfurion, since Malfurion have saved everyones asses so many times, he is the best leader. He is calm, and make the correct decisions. While others are hot heads, stupid etc. I speak the truth!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Baine, give him some credit he's new to the job and given the current circumstances he's done well not to get his all people slaughtered by Garrosh; whether through Garrosh's stupid plans, or just pissing Garrosh off too much and getting kicked out of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah baine is good leader as it seems ... He managed to rule in hard time : overcoming the death of his father by the leader of their alliance (not Alliance :P ) and Garrosh trying to get rid of taurens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yah baine is good leader as it seems ... He managed to rule in hard time : overcoming the death of his father by the leader of their alliance (not Alliance :P ) and Garrosh trying to get rid of taurens
    His Short Story doesn't exactly make him out as a good leader . He comes across as far, far too passive in his approach to the point where he will put his people in danger.

Deleted
    Vereesa Windrunner, but it's not a playable race, yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    His Short Story doesn't exactly make him out as a good leader . He comes across as far, far too passive in his approach to the point where he will put his people in danger.
    Because he knows active opposition would put his people in more danger if they were to find themselves in opposition to both the Horde (well Garrosh) and Alliance. That's pretty clear in Tides of War where he comes across much more thoughtful and his actions very carefully considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he's not quite passive... They r planning smth against garrosh thrall voljin an baine .... i see the perfect unity in horde against garrosh ... thats thats brave step for a newcomer leader !

Deleted
    Velen, because he managed to lead his people and not let them die for 25k years while being followed by the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with Sylvannas, because I feel she's the most fleshed out character in-game. Her point of view is made very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Velen, because he managed to lead his people and not let them die for 25k years while being followed by the Legion.
    Valen is awesome as a racial leader

His amazing visions of prophecy have led them to near extinction at what point did his clairvoyance tell him that maybe draenor wasnt the best of planets to land on?