Poll: Best racial leader?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Valen is awesome as a racial leader

His amazing visions of prophecy have led them to near extinction
    That's one way of looking at it. The other is his visions leading them away from total extinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finish leveling my alliance character, and start shieldwall quests. Even as mostly horde player i must admit that they do very good job with Varian. He look like a strong person, but he's not blinded by passion and he treat everyone equally.

Deleted
    Lor'themar Theron. Though I'd like to see him ousted.

Why? He's got the most nuanced and interesting premise. Remember that he used to be ranger General of the Farstriders; Quel'thalas' main land military force. Considering that, he is the Unelected Generalissimo of a military Junta which has occupied and restored half of the nation's blasted ruins following a devastating external attack. He was the former King's trusted ally (so much so that the Prince appointed him to manage Quel'thalas during the great Elven exodus to Outland). Then the Prince and most of house of the noble house of Sunfury went a little crazy. He basically led a coup against the mad Prince, and assumed leadership as 'Regent Lord'; a position with far less defined limitations to his powers than the monarch used to have. Now he and his two mates Rommath and Halduron run the show basically how they see fit.

Despite all this, he is actually a good man, who at every turn has done his best to make life for the ordinary elves of Quel'thalas better. He was, it seems, thrust into this situation not by politicking and powermongering, but by misfortune and chance. He doesn't want power, but the good man in him won't let him walk away from it when others need him to use it so much right now. I think this sentimentality causes him indecision sometimes, and that this indecision make him look weak and will (should) contribute to his undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. The other is his visions leading them away from total extinction.
    If thats true hes playing a very very long game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Valen is awesome as a racial leader

His amazing visions of prophecy have led them to near extinction at what point did his clairvoyance tell him that maybe draenor wasnt the best of planets to land on?
    You know that is actually their fault that the orcs were found by the demons and tricked to drink their demonic blood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because he knows active opposition would put his people in more danger if they were to find themselves in opposition to both the Horde (well Garrosh) and Alliance. That's pretty clear in Tides of War where he comes across much more thoughtful and his actions very carefully considered.
    Have you read his short story?
    It's about the Quillboar. I'm not talking about his relations with the rest of the Horde. Baine's problem is that he pretty much compromises his peoples lives rather than take action during his Short Story, his approach to peace is far too passive.
    I like his approach to Garrosh, albeit it's the same as Vol'jin's so it's not unique. But his short story threw a wrench into it.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-13 at 03:13 PM.

Had to go with Mekkatorque. He's actually getting something done for his race. Namely beginning to retake Gnomregan. Also he's not stirring up a bunch of crap with the other races, i.e. Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Had to go with Mekkatorque. He's actually getting something done for his race. Namely beginning to retake Gnomregan. Also he's not stirring up a bunch of crap with the other races, i.e. Garrosh.
    He's actually a character with a surprising amount of depth when Blizzard don't show them off comically. His Short Story was definitely one of the best and really showed what he's like. I really hope one day the Gnomes retake a larger portion of Gnomeregan.

Sylvanas at the moment. Gonna get a little RP here so abandon ship if that sort of thing annoys you. She may not be doing it because she actually cares about us Forsaken types but the fact is she brought us together when we didn't know what the hell we were doing and forged us into one of the most powerful nations on the planet. She refuses to let anyone push us around or bully us and will stop at nothing to give us a place to call our own safe from the torches and pitchforks of the world.

All of this she has done for herself. Firstly she used us to give her a shot at Arthas (not really a big deal since every Forsaken wanted him dead after what he did anyway) and now he's gone we're her meat-shield against all the people she's managed to piss off (again, not that big a deal since having something to defend, be it our queen or our lands or whatever, brings us together and improves morale etc) but her motivation for doing these things doesn't negate the fact that she did them and that we Forsaken benefited immensely from it.

All that she does is for her people. It's true she sees us more as a resource than people but it doesn't really matter. She has given us all we could hope for from a monarch and for that we have her back.

RP over. Seriously though, she's just an interesting character to me not to mention whenever she shows up in the story you know shit is about to go down. I'm convinced her story isn't going to end quite the way people imagine it will (she goes crazy evil, we raid and end up killing her etc). I believe we haven't seen the Banshee Queen at her "best" so I'm just really curious where Blizzard are going with her.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Lor'themar Theron leader of a proud race!

Too bad Grom Hellscream hasn't risen from the dead and taken the throne from his ignorant son. Grom was the best character ever.

As for out of this list, I do enjoy vol'jin or sylvannas.

10+ Year Old Account

Yep he was just like his son in character .... but the difference between him and his son is that he was loyal to thrall and thrall could give orders to him.
    thrall had shown him whats true way... but this son of a B***h garrosh wont listen to any1.