Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Myths myths myths.
    You dont have to eat regularly. And there is nothing wrong with not eating for 18 hours.
    Its pretty amusing how you claim to know everything and post no kind of reasoning or proof that what you say isnt just wrong.

    Eating regulary does have benefits, proven in many studys and is recomended by many nutritionists.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessalg View Post
    Its pretty amusing how you claim to know everything and post no kind of reasoning or proof that what you say isnt just wrong.

    Eating regulary does have benefits, proven in many studys and is recomended by many nutritionists.
    Sorry but you're wrong. Research it.

  3. #43
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1905998 - from 1991
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319656
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18053311
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15806828
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9504318
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15085170
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15220950
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17228037
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640455
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10578205
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

    "there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency"
    "there was no link between Eating Frequency and body weight status in women"
    "In the short term, meal frequency and a period of fasting have no major impact on energy intake or expenditure"
    "We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation."
    "Studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24 h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging"

  4. #44
    As said before you need to make a life style change. This has to be an all in decision for the rest of your life. If your not up to that don't waste your time.

    Weight loss and muscle building is a marathon not a sprint. This stuff takes time and you must make the commitment to do it right.

    Everyone is different and no one person can tell you the best way to loose weight. However there is one constant that everyone wanting too loose weight must follow. If you want to loose weight you must eat at a calorie deficit.

    Find your BMR. Do a google search for hussman fitness bmr calculator. Its a simple accurate calculator.

    This will give you all the information you need to know as far as where you should be at for calories per day at your age, gender, weight, height, & bodyfat %.

    Regardless of what other people say you technically eat anything you want during the day as long as you are under your allowed calorie limit. However that's not to suggest that you should eat a huge piece of double fudge chocolate cake because while you may be under your caloric limit you are not giving your body anything nutritious and you would probably only eat once that entire day and that wouldn't be any fun and hard to deal with mentally.

    So you get my drift without lecturing you...eat smart, make good decisions. Don't guess at a piece of foods calorie count, don't cheat yourself.

    I'm a believer in eating 5 to 6 times a day. By that I mean breakfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner - snack b4 bed.

    As an example meal plan

    Breakfast - cup of oatmeal and a banana
    snack - 1 piece wheat bread and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    lunch - 2 eggs and the rest egg whites to equal a cup of both combined. another piece of bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter, or whatever really...greek yogurt with some blueberries or something, cup of V8 juice to drink
    snack - 15 almonds
    dinner - 5 oz chicken Brest, cup of broccoli, small sweet potato,cup of skim milk
    snack close to bed time - 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

    Supplements - if your serious about starting weight loss and hitting the gym I would highly recommend a whey protein supplement. "ON" makes good products. There are hundreds of other supplements out there but for a beginner just start with the whey.

    A great site for accurate information is bodybuilding dot com You might be asking yourself...hey I don't want to be a bodybuilder I just want to loose some weight. Don't be intimidated by the name these people know their shit for the most part and are a nearly endless sort of good info.

    Start reading and get your knowledge on. Being well informed will also help you. Once you have read enough about weight loss and muscle gain you will start to see patterns where people say the same things over and over again and that will help you weed through the BS.

    I started out at 195 lbs and prob 20% body fat when I decided to loose weight and get educated and change my life. I started by doing 4 days of Jillian Michales videos. With my change in diet and doing those videos 4 days a week in 5 months I was down to 165 lbs and 10% body fat.

    Anyhow good luck man.

  5. #45
    I think people need to stop spreading garbage like eating 6 small meals a day.
    And also people need to know the difference between "loose weight" and "lose weight"

  6. #46
    stop eating crap, move your ass from the couch. It's THAT simple really.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I think people need to stop spreading garbage like eating 6 small meals a day.
    And also people need to know the difference between "loose weight" and "lose weight"
    6 meals a day works for me. I said it in my opening, everyone is different. I like it because you eat 6 meals a day it keeps your metabolism going. It's not a new idea and alot of people do it. It's your choice though.

    Also if your quoting mis - spelled words your here for the wrong reason

  8. #48
    Field Marshal Fatbeaverlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    3 rules that fit anyone anywheer
    Stop all junk food forever
    Don`t eat 4 hours before you go to bed
    Close your mouth outside of your 3 meals (snaking diets 6 times a day type of diets only work under strick control from a nutritionist)

    And if you can exercise or sweat in a sauna...you`re golden
    Cardio is your friend, pools too they dont harm your body
    If you lift weights and want to add mass to your body you have to eat before you sleep.
    Do you even lift?

  9. #49
    Field Marshal Ghempe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    68
    Kcal inn minus kcal out. If you go over, you will gain weight. If you go under you will lose weight. Not hard at all, and don't listen to all these old myths about not eating carbs, before bed etc. They are false.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigs79 View Post
    6 meals a day works for me. I said it in my opening, everyone is different. I like it because you eat 6 meals a day it keeps your metabolism going. It's not a new idea and alot of people do it. It's your choice though.

    Also if your quoting mis - spelled words your here for the wrong reason
    You're.

    And maybe you should read what i've said and you would see that i have given advice?
    And 6 small meals a day is bullshit, it doesnt increase your metabolism.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigs79 View Post
    6 meals a day works for me. I said it in my opening, everyone is different. I like it because you eat 6 meals a day it keeps your metabolism going. It's not a new idea and alot of people do it. It's your choice though.

    Also if your quoting mis - spelled words your here for the wrong reason
    I had to tell someone this the other day:
    That's a myth, it's a marketing scam.

    Eating 6 meals a day is a body building thing, the reason why body builders do it is because when you eat, you get an insulin boost. When you spread your calories over 3 meals a day or 2 meals a day, the insulin isn't being produced and running through you for hours at a time. But when you eat 6 meals a day, the insulin is being produced after every meal and so it is a near 100% uptime while you're awake.
    The reason body builder want more insulin is that it aids in building muscle. The reason it works as a "metabolism boost" is because your body is building muscle and repairing muscle the entire time. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism. It's not necessarily stimulating your metabolism, you're eating less and you're eating healthy, your body is just burning more calories because of the muscle. Also, your body has to work overtime to repair muscles, so that when you're building muscle, you burn more calories throughout the day than running a mile would upfront.

    Edit:
    When I explained this to the other person, I didn't go into much detail like I just did.
    But basically, it's a body building thing that doesn't work for purely burning fat, it's the actual diet that is working there.

    This is basically a marketing ploy made by someone who wants to sell more books/diet plans. That's the issue with getting books about dieting or researching diets like this, they're made by guys who want money. That's why I didn't order the Dolce Diet book, I already know what is inside of it, just like I know what is inside most diet plans. It's a waste of money.
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2013-02-16 at 10:16 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    If you lift weights and want to add mass to your body you have to eat before you sleep.

    Wrong. You dont have to eat before sleeping to build muscle.

  13. #53
    The whole protein magic window thing is another myth. You have up to 24 hours to eat to get the protein you need to rebuild your muscles.

    But before bed, you should drink a glass of water to get the Casein protein, it is best mixed with a scoop of Whey and then drank.
    Casein is a slow digesting protein, so it'll digest throughout the night and Whey will digest within an hour, so your body finished absorbing the protein from the Whey and then absorbs the protein from the Casein to rebuild.
    Casein is basically milk protein, or rather it is found in milk and other things.

  14. #54
    You have provided no evidence other then your opinion. You must be right then....you get a cookie.

    It works for me and I'm happy with it. It's not a scam if it works imo. Again there is no one right way for everyone and what works for me may not work for the OP.

    So Harzaka if you have some articles or scientific facts that you would like to post or some evidence other then your opinion I would love to debate this with you. I'd love to have an adult conversation about it as I'm highly interested in this subject but I'm not going to have a 5th grade level conversation about it with you. If you do provide some articles to contrary to what I've read and believe and what works for me I would certainly acknowledge your statements if they are backed up by scientific facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You're.

    And maybe you should read what i've said and you would see that i have given advice?
    And 6 small meals a day is bullshit, it doesnt increase your metabolism.
    Last edited by Rigs79; 2013-02-18 at 02:39 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigs79 View Post
    You have provided no evidence other then your opinion. You must be right then....you get a cookie.

    It works for me and I'm happy with it. It's not a scam if it works imo. Again there is no one right way for everyone and what works for me may not work for the OP.

    So Harzaka if you have some articles or scientific facts that you would like to post or some evidence other then your opinion I would love to debate this with you. I'd love to have an adult conversation about it as I'm highly interested in this subject but I'm not going to have a 5th grade level conversation about it with you. If you do provide some articles to contrary to what I've read and believe and what works for me I would certainly acknowledge your statements if they are backed up by scientific facts.
    http://examine.com/faq/do-i-need-to-...lism-high.html

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigs79 View Post
    You have provided no evidence other then your opinion. You must be right then....you get a cookie.

    It works for me and I'm happy with it. It's not a scam if it works imo. Again there is no one right way for everyone and what works for me may not work for the OP.

    So Harzaka if you have some articles or scientific facts that you would like to post or some evidence other then your opinion I would love to debate this with you. I'd love to have an adult conversation about it as I'm highly interested in this subject but I'm not going to have a 5th grade level conversation about it with you. If you do provide some articles to contrary to what I've read and believe and what works for me I would certainly acknowledge your statements if they are backed up by scientific facts.
    Because scrolling up is difficult? Scroll up abit and look at the many sources others have provided. Stop believing everything Livestrong tells you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •