Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    He is playing both sides, if one were to assume at least one canon Horde Adventurer and Alliance Adventurer so all the ingame storylines can be resolved.
    I'm not talking about 2 factions against each other. I mean common enemy and common friend. Lelouch was a dick to everyone, but masqueraded as Zero to be their friends and unify them against himself.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Lelouch also had the added incentive to * so no one would notice he was *.

Highlight text for massive spoilers
    C2 was talking to the air he wasn't the carriage driver.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    *Yes, yes, everyone thinks it's the Burning Legion. But what if it's the Titans?

He pretty much said flat-out it's the Legion's return in his 5.0 dialogue and questline, unless the Titans have taken to using fire as their motif as well.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

*Yes, yes, everyone thinks it's the Burning Legion. But what if it's the Titans?

I base my guess on that it's Legion expansion because of the ancient (fake) leaked list of future expansions.

Here's what it suggested when it "leaked" in 2005 or 2004, can't remember which. Green color is correct.

Expansion 1: Draenor set
    Expansion 2: Northrend set
    Expansion 3: Maelstrom set

Expansion 4: Plane set (Mentions Pandaria in the zone list though)
    Expansion 5: Legion set

There was a blue post about Expansion 4 not being a panda expansion, but it was changed to be so at the very last minutes. Not sure if it was meant to be legion expansion or this expansion based on the plane set, whatever that would have been.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Black Dragon? Check
    Red, glowing eyes? Check
    Pitting both factions against one another in quests? Check

I'd love to think he's a 'good' guy, but given the poor quality of Blizzard's story telling since...WOTLK, I think it will be as one-dimensional as it appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If Wrathion really wanted to unite all of Azeroth, he could pull a Lelouch from Code Geass.
    Let's be honest, Anduin would probably botch the public execution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Black Dragon? Check
    Red, glowing eyes? Check

I'd love to think he's a 'good' guy, but given the poor quality of Blizzard's story telling since...WOTLK, I think it will be as one-dimensional as it appears.

Blizzard's writing isn't horrible as you may think. Wrathion is pretty well written IMO because he hasn't exactly done a lot of bad things. I don't think he'll become a villain quickly but he'll definitely be someone we can't trust.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Black Dragon? Check
    Red, glowing eyes? Check

Although I appreciate your opinion, and can see where you are coming from - I think the fact that we have a thread with multiple insightful responses regarding a character with moral ambiguity and a potential hidden agenda goes to show that the Blizzard's story-telling and character development have not gone down in quality over the years.

These characters that Blizzard has created and developed continue to invoke vibrant discussion, speculation, and admiration. I've played other games where I genuinely tried to invest in the characters of the lore - but ended up just not caring about them at all (the guild, Destiny's Edge in GW2, and Traherne). I would respectfully disagree that Blizzard's story-telling is of 'poor quality'.

"Is trouble brewing?"

No one has heard from the Titans in so long, how do we know the Burning Legion hasn't corrupted and recruited them? Mega Ultimate Burning Legion.

Or they could all be dead and or dying. Who knows. Maybe we have to save them.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-02-14 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    There was a blue post about Expansion 4 not being a panda expansion, but it was changed to be so at the very last minutes. Not sure if it was meant to be legion expansion or this expansion based on the plane set, whatever that would have been.
    Well "Plane" in this case refers to the Elemental Planes - Deepholm, Skywall, Firelands, The Abyssal Maw, Frostland... And most of that stuff was in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Guy is just sitting in the tavern, chilling, telling everyone what to do. To Horde he tells 'you're a hero, go kill Alliance', to Alliance - 'you are hero go kill Horde'. The inspiration I believe comes from the old western movie Fistful of Dollars where a guy comes to town, stays in the tavern and plays the middle between two warring families. His goal - to destroy them both. Wrathion's goal must be something along those lines - make Horde and Alliance destroy themselves then come out on top.

He gives us some powerful items, but mere trinkets for him.

To me, it is painfully obvious no one should have any business with this guy. Both the Horde and the Alliance are stupid for doing his bidding.

Even in the case he is not evil, he is not a friend of neither Horde nor Alliance, but he has his own personal agenda.
    I love that you used a Clint Eastwood reference.

As for him being evil... well, you'd need to define it, wouldn't you? In Fistful of Dollars, CE's character was certainly not the bad guy.

I see the lore playing out like this - Wrathion is encouraging which ever side that CAN win to do so in order for the war to finish as quickly as possible. Once the war is over, Azeroth can start preparing for the oncoming invasion, but until the far is finished, his plans are on hold. That's why he's encouraging us to give it our all so we can get this damn thing over with.

Wrathion is the new Deathwing ?

Death who ?
    Wrath who ?

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Lelouch also had the added incentive to faking his death so no one would notice he was suddenly immortal.

Highlight text for massive spoilers
    Errr, no.

He's dead Jim. Creators have confirmed it. The ending gives no indication that he's still alive.

And remember, that Wrathion isn't neccisarily working with both factions here. This is a story/gameplay segregation issue. Canonically, he's just working with 'a' champion, and his stated goal is to end the war 'soon' before it consumes azeroth's strength. The fact that both factions are doing his quests is for the same reason both factions are able to do all neutral quests. They don't want to limit the content to one faction.

He knows things the leaders of the factions don't. If I have to play his pawn to get the knowledge that can save EVERYONE in the future, so be it.

Deleted
    you folks who think hes playing each side off against each other are taking things too literally. Wrathion is working with you. only you lore wise. youve proven yourself worthy to him and hes helping you. This is the problem when blizz introduce quests like this because both factions need to be able to do the quests. Having just one character for both sides brings up confusions like this.

Wrathion isnt evil but he is the result of an egg corrupted by the old gods, a pure egg from another dragon flight AND titan cleansing technology. Even if there were other black dragons still alive he would be unique. His aim is to survive the comming calamity be it the legion/oldgods/titans which he clearly states in his little show and tell quest. He knows that he wont survive if the horde and the alliance are wiped out, he needs them to defeat the big bad, so he is empowering YOU the great hero of the horde/alliance to give you the strength to end the war one way or another. Bear in mind the powers he is giving you come from the sha which are themselves the remnants left over when an old god was killed. He is literally imbueing you with the powers of the old gods Lore wise turning you into a force not to be fu$%ed with.

Chaotic neutral is the best description because he wants azzeroth and its peoples to survive. He just doesnt give two fu%*s who ends up ontop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why would a black dragon side with sargeras?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:42 AM ----------

thrall was never the earth warden. aspects dont exist anymore all the power is gone. wrathion cannot become an aspect unless the titans come back and power him up
    What if the titans left a device on Azeroth with a re powering mechanic? What if they knew one day they would lose their powers, and Wrathion knows this. What if thats what wrathion is looking for on pandaria.?

Evil or not, Players are drawn to whatever grants them the biggest reward . Lorewise, i guess he either got a plan on how we all can survive the next big threat that comes, And he cant do it alone. If he wants to get all the power, or just do all this for the greater good, i realy dont know. The thaught has honestly crossed my mind.

Rumor has it that wrathion wont grant you a legendary item until you purchase tickets to the upcoming WoW movie

"Is trouble brewing?"

Deleted
    Its pretty obvious he's a templar...

Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    Rumor has it that wrathion wont grant you a legendary item until you purchase tickets to the upcoming WoW movie
    Not rumor. Fact.
    http://www.thedailyblink.com/2013/02...-duncan-jones/
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.