Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Warchief DirewolfX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,010
    I asked for more info on the Soothing Mist change...

  2. #342
    The Lightbringer Reglitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    memes
    Posts
    3,342
    Couldn't give a hoot about any soothing changes, it's going to be shit having to sit in melee range with a perfectly fine rotation only to interrupt it with that shit spell

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Couldn't give a hoot about any soothing changes, it's going to be shit having to sit in melee range with a perfectly fine rotation only to interrupt it with that shit spell
    I'm more concerned with the fact that we are going to spending much more time soothing to generate the chi we won't be getting from jabbing which leads to having to deal with 7 minutes of vertigo inducing camera angle turning.

  4. #344
    Non-monk: "Dude, why is your SCK doing 100% overhealing?"

    Monk: "It's more efficient than jabbing"

    Non-monk: #tokerface

  5. #345
    The Lightbringer Reglitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    memes
    Posts
    3,342
    I just danced in my chair and died with happiness. Seriously, screw jab, jab, uplift. A change to soothing mist will make this panda happy.

    Wait, hold on. How consistently are we talking?
    -Some random normal mode monk on the PTR thread.

    Aight who are ya, don't encourage greg please!!

  6. #346
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,790
    Here's my math to my stance dancing after the mm changes:
    So mm was giving off 2%, it was giving off 7900 mana for each tp, but now since it is 4% it should be 13800 per tp, which is 3450mps. And with the other mana regen you get about 4660.1 mps altogether(without missing a jab). To put thing in perspective it would be about 74 seconds until you are full on mana by stance dancing?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  7. #347
    The Lightbringer Reglitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    memes
    Posts
    3,342
    Thinking that will make it past PTR is a pipe dream.

  8. #348
    I'm curious to see the number change on Soothing Mist, because I had bad luck stretch where I channeled it 3 times without a single chi generated, so I find it hard to rely on that to get any chi, and since basically the only thing worth using chi for is uplift.

    So what's the plan there? Full Fistweaving rotation when raid healing, and full soothing mist/enveloping mist rotation when tank healing? I really don't see where they are going with this. It's the RNG of it that makes it too unreliable to be a good option.. you can't hope for good RNG on progression, it's worst than divine purpose for paladins.

    I'm starting to remember why I dropped my DK in Ulduar, I was sick and tired of redesign of the class every content patch.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-02-21 at 09:40 PM.

  9. #349
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This is becoming a circus. Glyph of Uplift costs 48,000 mana? Have they realized yet that something is fundamentally wrong with what they're twisting the spec into when you have to make a heal cost more than DOUBLE most healers' most expensive heals?
    You could do 2 surging mist with that kind of mana!...I almost want to make this into a game and make fun of it...3.49 Wild growths!
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-21 at 09:50 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  10. #350
    I *think* they increased the cost of the uplift glyph because monks who are fistweaving would be mana positive while doing so. The new changes just make fistweaving even more positive mana wise.

  11. #351
    Where are you guys seeing this?

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You could do 2 surging mist with that kind of mana!...I almost want to make this into a game and make fun of it...3.49 Wild growths!
    I didn't even think of that. We're in a space now where Jab costs only 10% less mana than Surging Mist, equating essentially 2,400 mana with an 80k+ heal.

    This isn't "well we don't want you to use Jab all the time", this is "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE JAB FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TIGER PALM OR BLACKOUT KICK". Under that route, it might as well just be a stance or toggled skill like Blade Flurry that puts us into "Fistweaving mode" that enables the use of Jab, TP , and BoK while draining x mana every second.

  13. #353
    These recent changes make it seem like Mistweaver Monks are going to have a healing phase and a regen phase much akin to how Holy Paladin's would have to go judge wisdom in Vanilla/TBC for a period during the fight.

    Healing Phase Spell Priority:
    1. Renewing Mist on CD
    2. Expell Harm on CD
    3. Chi Wave on CD
    4. Channel Soothing Mist on current MT
    Chi Dump:
    1. Uplift (High AoE damage)
    2. Enveloping Mist (Low Damage, Single Target) (lol?)
    4. Surging Mist (High Single Target Damage)

    Mana Regen Phase Priority:
    1. Jab
    2. Tiger Palm (Single Target)
    3. Blackout Kick (cleave)


    Agree/Disagree?

    Either way this is not fun, it has taken the class in the complete opposite direction from where it was going and has made the class less unique. The question is now, what tools do we have for non stacked AoE periods of damage?

  14. #354
    Warchief DirewolfX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So what's the plan there? Full Fistweaving rotation when raid healing, and full soothing mist/enveloping mist rotation when tank healing? I really don't see where they are going with this. It's the RNG of it that makes it too unreliable to be a good option.. you can't hope for good RNG on progression, it's worst than divine purpose for paladins.
    I suspect they're aiming for:
    Raid Healing: ReM on CD, Expel Harm on CD, Soothing Mist => Uplift or (stacked) SCK => Uplift
    Tank Healing: ReM on CD, Soothing Mist/Surging Mist => Enveloping Mist
    Low Healing: Fistweave

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    Either way this is not fun, it has taken the class in the complete opposite direction from where it was going and has made the class less unique. The question is now, what tools do we have for non stacked AoE periods of damage?
    Spam Healing Sphere everywhere WOOO

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush042 View Post
    Spam Healing Sphere everywhere WOOO
    Curious when will healing sphere make up 100% of our healing since it will become so cheap compared to everything else.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I didn't even think of that. We're in a space now where Jab costs only 10% less mana than Surging Mist, equating essentially 2,400 mana with an 80k+ heal.

    This isn't "well we don't want you to use Jab all the time", this is "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE JAB FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TIGER PALM OR BLACKOUT KICK". Under that route, it might as well just be a stance or toggled skill like Blade Flurry that puts us into "Fistweaving mode" that enables the use of Jab, TP , and BoK while draining x mana every second.
    I'm not sure that isn't a bad idea. Redesign the stances for the class? Maybe put it forward to the devs (assuming they even listen)?

  18. #358
    I laughed so much at the latest changes ... this is getting ridiculous, bets are opened for the next round: I say jab will cost 16%, glyphed uplift 32%, MM will return 12% and SCK will be increased to 30% mana and heal decreased by 50%. Also I think ReM cooldown is too short, should be 20 sec so that we're not tempted to use Uplift for raid healing. I mean, we can Sooth Mist 2 targets + place ZS on 2 additional targets + having 1 or 2 ReM running, this should be enough! I'm also concerned about chi torpedo healing for so much, it feels weird in our overall arsenal, doesn't feel weak enough. Pls nerf chi torpedo!

    Edit: I forgot about healing sphere, they should give it a cast time and make them cost 4 chi in addition to mana.

    And when they're done with all those new changes, they'll have a trainee right 2 lines for the community forums, since GC is unable to talk about our spec
    Last edited by Bartolo; 2013-02-21 at 11:25 PM.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyjaljerk View Post
    And when they're done with all those new changes, they'll have a trainee right 2 lines for the community forums, since GC is unable to talk about our spec
    Uplift now costs 10 Valor ~ GC

  20. #360
    The Insane apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    17,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    These recent changes make it seem like Mistweaver Monks are going to have a healing phase and a regen phase much akin to how Holy Paladin's would have to go judge wisdom in Vanilla/TBC for a period during the fight.

    Healing Phase Spell Priority:
    1. Renewing Mist on CD
    2. Expell Harm on CD
    3. Chi Wave on CD
    4. Channel Soothing Mist on current MT
    Chi Dump:
    1. Uplift (High AoE damage)
    2. Enveloping Mist (Low Damage, Single Target) (lol?)
    4. Surging Mist (High Single Target Damage)

    Mana Regen Phase Priority:
    1. Jab
    2. Tiger Palm (Single Target)
    3. Blackout Kick (cleave)


    Agree/Disagree?

    Either way this is not fun, it has taken the class in the complete opposite direction from where it was going and has made the class less unique. The question is now, what tools do we have for non stacked AoE periods of damage?
    If you have 3 additional targets BoK is not bad for healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I didn't even think of that. We're in a space now where Jab costs only 10% less mana than Surging Mist, equating essentially 2,400 mana with an 80k+ heal.

    This isn't "well we don't want you to use Jab all the time", this is "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE JAB FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN TIGER PALM OR BLACKOUT KICK". Under that route, it might as well just be a stance or toggled skill like Blade Flurry that puts us into "Fistweaving mode" that enables the use of Jab, TP , and BoK while draining x mana every second.
    Yeah, this is why I keep coming back to dark chi, just separate fistweaving and our 'real' healing chi into 2 different things. We have come to a point were it is like this anyways. Then we would not have to have memory muscle....Or hell give us a spell that gives us both of the chis at the same time so we could also do fistweaving in combo with 'real' healing:O.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    Uplift now costs 10 Valor ~ GC
    I thought ghostcrawler was a trainee?:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •